Half on the bills or It's all on him....

BackInWhite
BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
You in a committed relationship
Y'all decide to move in together
Y'all goin Dutch on the bills or should the man take care of all that?
Men, women, wassup?

Comments

• _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    I'm old school. I prefer taking care of the bills , while she handles the kids and house work.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if she got a job too?
    You gon make her quit?
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Dutch but if he really wanted to pay them all .... I'm ok with that too
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Best way to keep a woman happy is to make sure she feels needed....

As long as she feels her contribution to the house hold bills are absolutely essential, her self worth will soar...

The quickest way to make her feel like you don't need her is to set it up to where her money isn't needed,

A woman is much more likely to seek outside the relationship when she feels unneeded
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Men, women, wassup?

Never move in with a chick until she has on that ring. So many mfer in some BS because of this. Cant kick the ? out because you stuck with the bills or you dont feel like going thru the moving process.

Then you still have people that are married and going Dutch with two separate accts. WE are married. Bills get paid first with both of our money. You need to learn some restraint if I cant trust you with money.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We split rent but I pay all the utilities, etc...
  • caddo man
    How many of you all are shacking up (not married)?

The reason I ask is, have you ever wanted to break up but knew it would be a burden financially?
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AP21

Been there done that, left me still reeling from it as far as having a man control the wallet. So he can have an account, I can have one and then one for household expenses. It doesn't have to be totally 50/50...as long as the basics are paid
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    DWO wrote: »

As long as she feels her contribution to the house hold bills are absolutely essential, her self worth will soar...

The quickest way to make her feel like you don't need her is to set it up to where her money isn't needed,

A woman is much more likely to seek outside the relationship when she feels unneeded

SO THIS IS YOUR ANSWER FOR MAKING YO WIFE PAY HALF OF THE BILLS?

half? ? she pay all of them...i just keep gas in the cars and food in the fridge.... foh
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    35/65 Split At The Nawledge Palace.....Yup I Ain't ?

#HOH2016
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    35/65 Split At The Nawledge Palace.....Yup I Ain't ?

Cosign
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me and the lady split the mortage and we keep our own money separately
  • caddo man
    Damn yall separate your money though?
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    u already know, dutch b

tired of them memes and fugazi facebook ? talm bout only men pay all the bills

its rough out here!

EXACTLY. Splitting the bills doesn't make you less of a man. This topic STAYS coming up on Twitter, too lol smh
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    caddo man wrote: »
    Damn yall separate your money though?

WE DO... WE NEED TO COMBINE... BUT I DONT KNOW HOW THATS GONE WORK, CAUSE I MIGHT OVER SPEND FR...
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    caddo man wrote: »
    Men, women, wassup?

Never move in with a chick until she has on that ring. So many mfer in some BS because of this. Cant kick the ? out because you stuck with the bills or you dont feel like going thru the moving process.

Then you still have people that are married and going Dutch with two separate accts. WE are married. Bills get paid first with both of our money. You need to learn some restraint if I cant trust you with money.

Seem like we gotta different POVs on everything. I personally don't understand how a person could logically consider marrying a person without living with them first.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We split everything down the middle in my crib. Except cable. I don't want that ? so I ain't paying for it.

Other than that though, 50/50.

In my experience, most people only want to abide by traditional gender roles when it benefits them.
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would actually volunteer to pay all the bills.

It's a strategy that has served me well in the past. Let me explain. When you pay all the bills, you not only "pay the cost to be the boss", you get at a minimum 3-4 ? ups (ie. cheat passes) when you get sloppy with your game.

Plus you get a clean crib, home-cooked meals, sloppy toppy when playing PS4 (? ain't doing nothing else) and you get to have a legitimate excuse for being "gone all the time" (? I'm at work.....Cause I'm the only one WORKING).

Plus her friends constantly tell her "girl, you got a good man." In my opinion, the upsides, far outweigh the downsides.

This....but
    DWO wrote: »

THIS makes more sense the older and more experienced i get