I just watched 500 Days of Summer.

Will Munny
Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
just watched 500 days of summer, and ? now I'm kinda lonely feeling. Like forreal I feel like Summer Finn ? on my heart and I wasn't even in the movie.

Comments

• Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    For some reason I can't get through that movie. I'm going to to try again for the 3rd time. When he started doing that musical number with that animated bird, I was done.
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    For some reason I can't get through that movie. I'm going to to try again for the 3rd time. When he started doing that musical number with that animated bird, I was done.

Damn i thought it was only me it doesn't hook me in early enough for me to give it chance
  • Will Munny
    edited July 2010
    hahaha, that is cheesy as ? even though I thought it was hilarious. But I gets better though.

I'm home alone for like 10 days (real reason I feel lonely), so I had to dance like dude was.
  • Will Munny
    edited July 2010
    This is ? . I wanted to have a grown and sexy convo about my feelings, not a lights camera action convo about a movie.

? you mods. You ? ? .
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Depressing ass movie
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Yea the movie was good as hell imo. That dance scene was funny as hell
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited July 2010
    been tryna get mad ppl to watch this movie it defintly should be watched by anybody who opposes the hard on hoes movement lol ? had me feeling like i was him
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    one of the best break-up movies,the message:there's more than 1 season(plenty of fish in the sea)
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    The dance routine actually made it funny to me--kinda emphasized how much of a good-natured sap this cat was. In over his head. I think the best parts were when his younger sister kept giving him advice, telling him that he was being blind. I like how how he bounced back tho.
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Is this the movie with Joseph Gordon Levitt?
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    TANGLUNG wrote: »
    Is this the movie with Joseph Gordon Levitt?

yeah......
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    This was a very good movie, like freshb651 said it's one of the best break up movies!

I liked it because I know me and many of us have went through that once or know someone who has.

One thing is that he let his emotions get the best to him and thats why it began to get terrible after like the 200th day or something

And she didn't give a ? either...so yea it's true that there's plenty of fish in the sea
  • traestar
    edited September 2010
    Oh and lol from him being from Ventnor, N.J.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I liked the movie but the whole Summer not wanting a boyfriend and 2 seconds later shes engaged kinda lost me

and ok I laughed when the chick from friday night lights name was Autumn

best part was when dude punched him
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    It was a good movie way better than most rom-coms that have come out in the last 10 years.

Think I'll watch when harry met sally or annie hall today
  • DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited September 2010
    Dancing part was hilarious, good movie too
  • greatgodman
    greatgodman Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    The best romantic comedy I have seen since Shakespeare in love

i thought it wasn't a love story or a romantic story.
  • greatgodman
    greatgodman Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I liked the movie but the whole Summer not wanting a boyfriend and 2 seconds later shes engaged kinda lost me

DAmn dude you could have put a SPOILER ALERT up or some thing. i haven't watch it yet.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited September 2010

****SPOILER ALERT*****(even though if u aint seen the movie u should know not to come in the thread)

howd that lose you? the point was that sometimes you dont know you want a relationship or even marriage until you find that right person....he believed that person was summer....but she didnt believe that person was him, so when she finally did find a guy that she actually wanted "she just knew" he was the one

what yall think bout the park scene at the end. some ppl are saying that he just imagined that summer was there because he needed closure...2 of the 3 ppl doing the commentary said she wasnt there only 1 said she was
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    ****SPOILER ALERT*****(even though if u aint seen the movie u should know not to come in the thread)

howd that lose you? the point was that sometimes you dont know you want a relationship or even marriage until you find that right person....he believed that person was summer....but she didnt believe that person was him, so when she finally did find a guy that she actually wanted "she just knew" he was the one

what yall think bout the park scene at the end. some ppl are saying that he just imagined that summer was there because he needed closure...2 of the 3 ppl doing the commentary said she wasnt there only 1 said she was
    Its more of the I dont believe in love and I dont want a boyfriend stuff she was saying throughtout the movie then bam ring on finger I guess because the movie is thru Gordon-Levitts perspective the fact she was engaged just like that had me going *wtf?*

the end scene had to be a dream he goes to the park and she's there also? cmon now.....
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Really good movie, it's already turned into one of those HBO flicks that's always on when I ain't got ? else to do.. But JGL has me dyin when he's miserable/depressed.. Too many scenes to mention but I thought that expectations vs. reality scene at her party was exactly how people are in those situations...
  • traestar
    edited September 2010

ayo real talk, that didn't lost me but thats just you know kinda ? up that she'll just up and marry someone after that
    And who knows she could've been into some ? clutching while she was with Tom, but then she did say at the very beginning that
    she didn't want a relationship and it just passed him..thats why they went through what they went through.

And it can go either way with the park scene, he could've possibly seen her there, thats what I thought at first.
    But in my personal experience, the ones that you believe maybe the one always happens in some weird way to continue to be in your thoughts,
    like Tom imagining that Summer was at the park.
  • traestar
    edited September 2010
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Really good movie, it's already turned into one of those HBO flicks that's always on when I ain't got ? else to do.. But JGL has me dyin when he's miserable/depressed.. Too many scenes to mention but I thought that expectations vs. reality scene at her party was exactly how people are in those situations...

Word up, like the first time he met her, everything he loved but then after they started to decline in communication, he hated everything about her. That ? was funny as hell!!
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I never thought about the park scene being imaginary