Children Now Spend Less Time Outside Than The Average Prisoner

2»

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aint nothing better than gettin your squad and just playin sports, riding bike, playing skelly or just chilliin outside as a kid these kids missin out

What the hell is skelly?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. I be driving 40 down residential roads and its better that i dont have to worry these deers in the headlight ass ? walking in the middle of the road
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friends son be getting off the bus and he'll be the only kid out on a bike after school. That little kid growing up quick cause he's usually kicking it with us outside when we get off work.
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    Not going outside was a punishment during my childhood....

NIG-GA! That s*** use to hurt like hell.

Standing in front of the screen door, watching your friends outside playing. Then to make it worse, they KNOW you on punishment, so they deliberately chose to play outside in front of YOUR HOUSE. ? .

Still remember when my mama keeping me inside, and me looking at a good game of kickball going on in front of our house. Smh.

That was how fades were born cuz when I got out I was bombin on the ? who was clownin the hardest
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We ran out in the morning and didn't come back inside until our parents made us at night. The first time my parents gave me a Nokia cell phone I didn't want that ? . All my friends were in the neighborhood anyway and now my parents could keep tabs on me.

Times have changed.
  • BobOblah
    So ILL wrote: »
    I be shocked low-key when I go play ball at the park and there are kids there. We played video games, too, but that was at night after we had been playing outside and ? all day. ? used to live on a 10-speed back then and go home and play Super Nintendo and Sega all night. I bet half of these kids don't know how to ride a bike now smh.

Yep skateboards for us but we were out until it got too dark out. Played video games only really when it rained or after the day is done or we were tired from skating for hours. 90% of my good childhood memories are outside not inside.
  • BobOblah
    Copper wrote: »
    Me watching friends play outside whilst on punishment

crying-mj-over-mj.jpg

As an adult, I don't get people who have "fomo" and have to be at everything that happens...

but as a kid I could NOT handle being locked inside or having to do family ? when my friends were out there.

Then you get free finally and they tell you about some amazingly fun ? that I missed out on smh
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    We used to Ken Griffey Jr all the fireflys on the block with fat hollow bats, soon as the sun started setting.

I'll never see that ? again. Not just cause kids won't go outside, but you'd probably get arrested for animal cruelty too.
  • Down South Slangin
    Down South Slangin Members Posts: 207 ✭✭
    Back then we played out all day til we got itchy and ? playing in the grass. And even at night on weekends we out playing hide and go seek now these kids play hide and go to sleep