Jay Z Taking Former TIDAL Owners To Court For $15 Million

Options
_Goldie_
_Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
tumblr_o0qpu3nsa21u6u84mo1_500.gif

Jay Z is suing TIDAL's former owners, claiming they were untruthful about the amount of subscribers the streaming service had upon selling the company to the rapper.

According to Music Business Worldwide, Jay Z is seeking $15 million from the former shareholders of Aspiro, the parent company of TIDAL. This translates to about 100 million Norwegian Krone. The Rap mogul acquired the streaming service for a reported $57 million. He was told that TIDAL had 530,000 subscribers as of January 2015 and now says that figure was "misleading."

Hov adds to his suit the fact that the owners were not transparent about the condition of Aspiro's business structure, which the rapper says was much worse than reported.

One of the shareholders, Schibsted, says it did nothing wrong in the business transaction.

"We want to point out that it was a publicly traded company that was acquired, [which means] transparency of financial reporting [was required]," Communications Manager Anders Rikter said to Norwegian publication Dagens Næringsliv. "Otherwise we have no comments.”

Upon its one year anniversary, TIDAL reported three million subscribers worldwide. Kanye West's The Life of Pablo was reportedly streamed 250 million times in the first 10 days after its February release.

TIDAL has had its fair share of hiccups in its one year of existence, going through three CEOs, experiencing a leak of Rihanna's ANTI album and facing lawsuits from Birdman over the release of Lil Wayne's Free Weezy Album and a separate suit from independent artist John Emanuele for what he claims is unfair compensation.

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'll give this one to Dame, this is typical business ? . 'Im always in court' .

But inb4 the feaux in-depth strategy session. The IC gets corny when people roast and/or comment on ? they couldn't possibly have any inkling or inside knowledge of. Never trust a man who never tells you he does not know something . Yes, this proactively means you the resident blowhard @Sion
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Too easy LOLOLOLOL

You 2 ? ass ? are the resident losers of the IC, you try too hard, so with that said I'm going to Ill Pix LOOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

We try way to hard? Haha ? you just said "lolololol" in all caps twice in the same damn post. What a sorry ass clown you are sion. Your posts are as predictable as them ? who always go right with the ball in pick up basketball.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Wait Jay suing o.g. tidal ? for false numbers and they just claimed in a press release TLOP got 250 million streams in 10 days?

jay-z-turns-down-kanye-west-best-man-offer.gif

And you know the numbers are false how again??? Please reveal your source to us.....oh my bad I forgot you just talking... Continue
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye saved tidal.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Too easy LOLOLOLOL

You 2 ? ass ? are the resident losers of the IC, you try too hard, so with that said I'm going to Ill Pix LOOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

well dammmmmm lol

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    This ? 's obsession with tidal makes every tidal thread wack

Lol says the ? who lurks in my threads hitting feelings buttons but "doesn't read". go write an pop song about how you hate monizzle icebergtaylorswift.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Too easy LOLOLOLOL

We try way to hard? Haha ? you just said "lolololol" in all caps twice in the same damn post. What a sorry ass clown you are sion. Your posts are as predictable as them ? who always go right with the ball in pick up basketball.

Were you the guy who was too scared to come out of Subway?

Yeah that's him.

Punk ?

What the ? ?

Was Jared waiting for him outside?

Even worse Killa Chamdusky trying to get me to take a ride in his van. ? used no ? more times than lil wayne in 06 in that thread a few months ago on me.
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Too easy LOLOLOLOL

Were you the guy who was too scared to come out of Subway?

Yeah that's him.

Punk ?

What the ? ?

Was Jared waiting for him outside?

Even worse Killa Chamdusky trying to get me to take a ride in his van. ? used no ? more times than lil wayne in 06 in that thread a few months ago on me.

You still ?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Wait Jay suing o.g. tidal ? for false numbers and they just claimed in a press release TLOP got 250 million streams in 10 days?

And you know the numbers are false how again??? Please reveal your source to us.....oh my bad I forgot you just talking... Continue

My source is simple math. You keep asking me how it was true but even you can't explain how a few million subscribers and free trial ? listened to TLOP 83 times a week. You dodging using logic and simple math. The numbers tidal submitted themselves to the press don't add up. I don't need a source for that lol.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol says the ? who lurks in my threads hitting feelings buttons but "doesn't read". go write an pop song about how you hate monizzle icebergtaylorswift.

lol this lyin ass neega I only ever been in one of your tidal threads and that was recently. This ? hate tidal so much he's willing to die for this ? . Dead at "icebergtaylorswift" no wonder why folks clown you on here you're a dweeb bozo
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My source is simple math. You keep asking me how it was true but even you can't explain how a few million subscribers and free trial ? listened to TLOP 83 times a week. You dodging using logic and simple math. The numbers tidal submitted themselves to the press don't add up. I don't need a source for that lol.

For the numbers not to add up you'd have to have all the numbers to try and add.... Do you know how many free trials streamed the album??? You don't right??? All you know is the 3 million...... ? talking bout simple math but don't even have the numbers to add with...... Lol
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

lol this lyin ass neega I only ever been in one of your tidal threads and that was recently. This ? hate tidal so much he's willing to die for this ? . Dead at "icebergtaylorswift" no wonder why folks clown you on here you're a dweeb bozo

Malice and Bcotton tried to tell y'all
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you know monizzle is unfunny when supernaswankster has funnier posts than him
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

For the numbers not to add up you'd have to have all the numbers to try and add.... Do you know how many free trials streamed the album??? You don't right??? All you know is the 3 million...... ? talking bout simple math but don't even have the numbers to add with...... Lol

Even if they had 7 million free trial users and 3 million users each tidal users (regardless of musical preferences) would have had to listen to tlop 25 times in 10 days. That is damn near impossible. Especially since not every user is listening to Kanye on tidal. The numbers don't add up even if you look at the best cast scenario in user base.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

The last thread was the only tidal thread i actually made in the last 6 months. And there your hoe ass was ? about me making the thread then still following the thread post for post hitting feelings buttons. And who the ? uses the word dweeb outside of you and meek mill lol.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I remember a year or two ago seeing this pic or video of this girl with an abundance of smartphones (like 20 of the ? ) playing an album on all the devices to get streaming numbers up. Iirc, it was around when IYRTITL came out, so I mean, if muthafuckas are as big of stans as they show they are it might not be too farfetched.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    FishNChips wrote: »
    you know monizzle is unfunny when supernaswankster has funnier posts than him

You clownin him but u stole @supergangster whole persona for atleast a couple weeks. Something ain't adding up