Final Fantasy XV Release Date; Tie In Movie Announced

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
ffxv-176808.jpg

Final Fantasy XV finally has a release date. At a special "Final Fantasy XV Uncovered" event in LA, Square Enix announced the long awaited next installment of the Final Fantasy franchise would be released on September 30, along with several surprise tie-in pieces of media. In addition to the release date, Square Enix also announce a tie-in anime series and animated movie, both of which will help flesh out the world of the game.

The anime series, called Brotherhood, will be released on YouTube and will explore the relationship between Final Fantasy XV's main character Noctis and his three companions. The first episode of the anime is available to watch now, and Square Enix promised an additional four episodes before Final Fantasy XV comes out in September.
Square Enix also announced a full length feature CG movie called Kingsglaive, which will act as a companion piece to Final Fantasy XV. Starring Lena Headey, Aaron Paul and Sean Bean, Kingsglaive will explore Noctis's home kingdom of Lucis during the events of the game. While no premiere date was announced, Square Enix stated that Kingsglaive will be released prior to Final Fantasy XV. A full trailer for the movie can be seen below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpcA1vhjPfw

In case a tie-in movie and anime series wasn't enough, fans can also download a demo for the game, which features Noctis as a child. The demo is free to download starting today on PS4 and XBox One. Fans who beat the demo will unlock a special animal companion on Final Fantasy XV.

Other tie-ins to the game include a mobile game, Justice Monsters Five, and several limited edition collectors' games.

http://comicbook.com/2016/03/31/final-fantasy-xv-release-date-tie-in-movie-announced/

Comments

• jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Waitin on this
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amen
    Amen
    Amen
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like I'm gonna need a PS4 or Xbox One by the end of this year.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    dont be a fool Broddie, get a PS4.

I bought that damn Final Fantasy Type 0 game just so i could play the 15 Demo lol. The demo is ? dope though and it isnt even the completed battle system. Im stoked for this game and have been since 2012 or 2013.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Much props to the developers for releasing a demo, never played a FF game in my life, but i'm definitely getting this one.
  • Broddie
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    dont be a fool Broddie, get a PS4.

I bought that damn Final Fantasy Type 0 game just so i could play the 15 Demo lol. The demo is ? dope though and it isnt even the completed battle system. Im stoked for this game and have been since 2012 or 2013.

I'm buying both but truthfully right now at this point in time there is nothing I really want on PS4 but there are quite a few Xbox One games I want to play. I'll see what things look like in the fall when this game drops to determine which one I'll buy first but I'm leaning towards Xbox tbh.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that demo was ? mayne...cant wait
  • Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    As I watch more gameplay of this game, I'm starting to lose interest a bit.

Combat system has the appearance that it's not fluid, a bit clunky, and slow. Hopefully this is because it's early game play, and the characters don't have access to a lot of their abilities yet.

(I used the word appearance because that's what it looks like from just watching, no idea if it will play like that)
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I played the platinum demo and liked it a lot. I didn't finish it because I wanted to know as little as possible, but the bit I played was fun and has me excited for the game. Ive been excited since it was called ff13 versus though.

The summons in this game look ? insane and I've only seen ramuh. Shiva and ifrit will probably be in the game and I can't imagine how dope they would be after seeing ramuh in the game. Hope bahamut is in there too. Or fenrir.
  • Broddie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    This ? still looks dope to me. Since I'm now waiting on the Pro and Scorpio after Sony and Microsoft's announcements of new hardware I'm just gonna have to wait a bit longer.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copping first day. It's been getting nothing but praise.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Coping first day
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    Watch Kingsglaive. Super anime