LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do a thread about Black Pagans next
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Do a thread about Black Pagans next

People who live small towns or the christian version?
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Awesome thread. Being a black atheist, in many respects, is worse than being a ? in the black community; In terms of stigma--and being ostracized.

We grow up in these hyper-masculine communities where toughness and male bravado is over-emphasized as a survival strategy. As a result of this facade, and the slow, albeit burgeoning shift to a matriarchal black community, our women have pushed White Jesus and Christianity on our children as a "stand-in" for the lack of REAL male guidance/leadership.

"Turn the other cheek" (MLK) leaders have always been pushed on us by the White establishment for many self-serving reasons. All animals have "code" written into there DNA, as a means to further their survival, and pass on there genes. Revenge is one of these codes. Lions will ? Hyenas, because they are mortal enemies, resulting from past violent encounters, and for the safety & security of their cubs.

Christianity was pushed on us to "siphon" our natural (code-based) aggressive tendencies towards white people, for enslavement for 400 years, followed by legalized discrimination. It's a sub-plot that has the sinister mind-manipulation of Willie Lynch all over it. Soften up the black male, so he won't seek "justified" revenge on us for our atrocities on him, via "forgive your enemies" ? .

Has the White man adopted any of the aforementioned Christian tenets? Hell no. Quite the contrary, there's not enough white space on this forum to account for all the crimes he's done to humanity. Still, we praise, in a submissive posture (prostrating ourselves when we pray, lowering our head, clasping our hands together in a begging gesture when we pray.....To White Jesus.)

Jerry Falwell said it best when he said, "Soldiers and Christians ask no questions." They just follow their marching orders.

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not even going to derail the thread but that whole essay you wrote is ridiculously biased, generalized, and wrong. I especially love how we ignore the first armed slaved revolt being led by an slave pastor.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    I'm not even going to derail the thread but that whole essay you wrote is ridiculously biased, generalized, and wrong. I especially love how we ignore the first armed slaved revolt being led by an slave pastor.

Can you direct me the right path, because I know there were 200 slave revolts prior to Nat Turner.

People have to realize this today's black church is nothing like the church in our grandparents heyday. They actually organized and had the Deacon's Armed group and such.
  • rodneyskinner
    rodneyskinner Members Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    ATHEISTS CANT BE GREAT....

Why can't we be great @MARIO_DRO the philosophies of both Malcom X and Martin Luther King Jr was written and created by an atheist the first one up there. No Hubbard no Garvey, no Malcolm (literally his mother's met because of garvey's meetings and Hubbard assisted and trained Garvey), no African History known to us, no UNESCO African heritage that is a global researched 7 book series by the UN and all of those African scholars, no Black history month, no Carter G Woodson, and etc.

That's the foundation of black america today.

You're just ignorant

Psalm 14:1
    The fool says in his heart, "There is no ? ." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good

? Logic. No the fool says in his heart I have faith in the unseen because I have seen it. And all other sorts of ? logic.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why can't we be great @MARIO_DRO the philosophies of both Malcom X and Martin Luther King Jr was written and created by an atheist the first one up there. No Hubbard no Garvey, no Malcolm (literally his mother's met because of garvey's meetings and Hubbard assisted and trained Garvey), no African History known to us, no UNESCO African heritage that is a global researched 7 book series by the UN and all of those African scholars, no Black history month, no Carter G Woodson, and etc.

You're just ignorant

The fool says in his heart, "There is no ? ." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good

? Logic. No the fool says in his heart I have faith in the unseen because I have seen it. And all other sorts of ? logic.

A lot of people don't actually put there faith in the unseen they believe that they can see the movements of ? in their lives.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    i have no issue with atheist or anyone with any alternative belief system to my own, i just don't appreciate when they try to bash and talk down on followers of a certain faith....

i'd never talk down on an atheist, muslim, agnostic, or any body simply because of the spiritual/religious beliefs or lack of......solely because of just that....

now if they're an all around ? on top of it, then it's ? them... but one of my best friends is agnostic.....and i used to wrestle with my belief system for a good while....

so i mean it's whatever.....just don't try to attack my beliefs to validate your own stance

im agnostic and fell the same exact way about religious people.. dont see why everyone cant have this philosophy. Praise or not praise who u want.. just leave me the hell alone.
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Thejackal

I would acknowledge that the slave rebellions that occurred in Haiti, had a SIGNIFICANT impact on Haitians, defeating the French, and thus obtaining independence.

However, the slave rebellions in the U.S, are merely a footnote in the larger context of 437 years of slavery. It's a strawman argument that seeks to undermine the premise of my post.

Nat Turner used biblical principles to slaughter whites in the same fashion KKK terrorists used biblical principles to justify the killing of blacks.

So my point is, the white man used Christianity to justify slavery as a "ruse" (meaning that they never believed any of that stuff. But found it effective as a control mechanism). A quote from the Gibbons sums it up nicely, "The common people find religion all equally true, the thinkers and philosophers find religion all equally false, and the magistrates and governments find religion all equally useful."

By the way..... it was a brainwashed black Christian who snitched on Nat Turner, which eventually led to his hanging.
  • The_Jackal
    Options

Can you direct me the right path, because I know there were 200 slave revolts prior to Nat Turner.

People have to realize this today's black church is nothing like the church in our grandparents heyday. They actually organized and had the Deacon's Armed group and such.

There was anarmed slave revolts in USA by Africans before Nat Turner. I can guarantee there was not. As far as three current day church you and others have to understand ever since Martin Luther the church has in all egions of the world has been fractured.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

There was anarmed slave revolts in USA by Africans before Nat Turner. I can guarantee there was not. As far as three current day church you and others have to understand ever since Martin Luther the church has in all egions of the world has been fractured.

Yeah, the churches fragmented especially during the 80s when they brought that tax bill.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    But I need to read up on some more rebellions. Stono rebellion I'm reading up on.
  • The_Jackal
    Options

Yeah, the churches fragmented especially during the 80s when they brought that tax bill.

Church's will never be synced together. Even today the great schism has a profound effect on European and American Church's. To much Ego and pride
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Thejackal

I would acknowledge that the slave rebellions that occurred in Haiti, had a SIGNIFICANT impact on Haitians, defeating the French, and thus obtaining independence.

However, the slave rebellions in the U.S, are merely a footnote in the larger context of 437 years of slavery. It's a strawman argument that seeks to undermine the premise of my post.

Nat Turner used biblical principles to slaughter whites in the same fashion KKK terrorists used biblical principles to justify the killing of blacks.

So my point is, the white man used Christianity to justify slavery as a "ruse" (meaning that they never believed any of that stuff. But found it effective as a control mechanism). A quote from the Gibbons sums it up nicely, "The common people find religion all equally true, the thinkers and philosophers find religion all equally false, and the magistrates and governments find religion all equally useful."

By the way..... it was a brainwashed black Christian who snitched on Nat Turner, which eventually led to his hanging.

Exactly, and we remember what Christians in Virginia did after they tortured and burned Nat.....they made slavery even more ? up and Christian politicians and preachers were among the biggest cheerleaders for slavery and genocide all throughout the Americas.
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    @Thejackal

How does any of what I said undermine any point you made?

Your point was that Christianity made Blacks less aggressive and used as a forum to push a non violent agenda. I argued that that point is moot because plenty of Blacks have used Christianity as justification for violent uprising.

The point you are proposing in this post is a completly different one then what you suggested in your first post.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    The purpose was to show the path Hubbard taught John G Jackson and he taught John Henrik Clarke and Dr. Ben Jochannan and other great african historians.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're just ignorant

I'm not a ? atheist and I would put up money I know, can comprehend, and am an overall better Christian then you.
    ..THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS 'MORE SAVED" OR A BETTER CHRISTIAN.. EITHER YOU ARE OR YOU ARENT..

BUT WHY YOU ARE MAD?!?!

Get out of my thread if you don't have anything worth mentioning in here!
    u dont treat people like that
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Nah, he ain't had nothing if worth to say.