New Machete Trailer: Gore & Nudity Edition...

Options
Recaptimus_Prime360
Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
yes it's a lank. still dunno how to embed. believe me tho, i'm goin to see this movie...

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/machete/red-band-trailer

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol Did he use a dude's intestines to repel down a wall? That's crazy.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited July 2010
    Options

yo my jaw dropped when i saw that lol.
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    that was by far the most amazing trailer i've ever seen. i didn't think it was possible but i'm about 100x more hyped for this movie.

R.I.P. Expendables they never had a chance
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited July 2010
    Options
    man quinton does it again. aside from death proof (one of the most borin azzz movies imo), he's ? thru wit the outrageous flick lol.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    man quinton does it again. aside from death proof (one of the most borin azzz movies imo), he's ? thru wit the outrageous flick lol.

i liked death proof
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Damn ? getting murked in this joint I see. I'll be at the theater with the pop corn
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i liked death proof

man death proof was one looooooong azzz monologue!!
  • zoomgp
    zoomgp Members Posts: 60
    edited July 2010
    Options
    this movie will be hotness
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hell yea should be dope
  • movingfeet
    movingfeet Members Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

Na Son this ain't Quinton this is all Rodriguez's ? studio and directing. I can't wait for Red Sonja when he ever get's it done
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited July 2010
    Options
    movingfeet wrote: »
    Na Son this ain't Quinton this is all Rodriguez's ? studio and directing. I can't wait for Red Sonja when he ever get's it done

yeah but u kno q had sum part in this flick
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    is that eva's naked ass i see?
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^WHOA...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ass and..... ? ?

I absolve you of all yours sins..NOW Get the ? Out.. hahahahahah
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I've always said it... machete >>> expendables

This ain't the '80's ? ... LOL
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    this is the same man that brought us the classics From Dusk Till Dawn and Sin City. Planet Terror was entertaining as hell, what else did you expect? Rodriguez is on a roll - next up Sin City 2
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

its Robert Rod-

*stares at ur avi*

its Robert Rodriguez, not Q.T ya big ?

and this flick will be insane

dead @ "I absolve you of your sins, now get the ? out", gotta be catholic to fully appreciate that joke
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    is that eva's naked ass i see?

that was eva? daaaaamn

alba need to stop with the ? ? already
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    that was eva? daaaaamn

alba need to stop with the ? ? already

MAAAAAAN! I remember how excited I got when she scanned her ass in the Spirit.I am seeing this movie for that scene alone.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    rodriguez is quite underrated. been a fan of his since el mariachi
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Michelle Rodriguez is sexy
  • rip.dilla
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Need A Blockbuster On The Cheap? Time To Call In Robert Rodriguez
    By Guy Adams
    Friday, 9 July 2010

How much should a summer action movie cost? Lately, with the advent of 3D, and the ongoing love affair between studio execs and special effects, the figure has crept upwards. About $120m is the going rate. Sometimes two or three times that. Director Sam Raimi recently quit Spider-Man 4 after Sony cut his budget from $300m (£197m) to a mere $230m.

For studios, such profligacy can equal financial disaster. When marketing and distribution is factored-in, a $120m film generally needs to make $150m at the US box office to break even. And that's quite difficult. Tom Cruise's $117m Knight & Day was well reviewed, but has so far garnered just $49m. Many of 2010's other "tent-poles" also under-whelmed. The $110m A-Team made $70m. Disney's $200m Prince of Persia made $88m.

Into this troubled landscape strides the director/producer Robert Rodriguez. He was hired by Fox to make Predators, which hits cinemas this weekend. It cost just $43m. Rodriguez turns out to have a precious skill: churning out cheap movies that look expensive. He made his name with Mariachi, a 1992 action film shot for $7,000. None of his 25-odd subsequent projects have cost more than $50m. Sin City, his classy 2005 mega-hit, which grossed $150m worldwide, cost just $40m. How does he do it?

Commonsense. Rodriguez works in Texas, where film-makers get hefty tax rebates, and pays actors sensible salaries. He works to tight schedules (Predators wrapped in around 50 days) and uses limited CGI. He also employs a streamlined production team who do two or three different jobs each.

Most importantly, Rodriguez resists the temptation, endemic in major studio projects, to film multiple endings and extra scenes that would eventually end up on the cutting room floor. "A studio might take a week to shoot something knowing that they're only going to use a tiny bit. We do our editing first," he told me. "Fox actually asked me to keep this film completely away from them, because they'd spend too much."

The result isn't always note perfect. But it doesn't have to be. Every film in the Predator series has made at least $57m at the global box office. The 2004 schlock-fest Alien Vs Predator, which managed an approval rating of just 12 per cent on Rotten Tomatoes, made $172m. So regardless of whether this Predators is any good, it'll almost certainly end up in the black.

Dude has dissociated himself from the Director's Guild of America for his unorthodox filmmaking like he did for Sin City... Machete is also co-directed

He is also able to attract A-List actors on a low budget (Johnny Depp & Bobby DeNiro)...

He's an auteur who has become known for his constant use of Dan Trejo... this is his first lead role... Cheers
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    I've always said it... machete >>> expendables

This ain't the '80's ? ... LOL

I agree but both these movies need to make some money. I respect what Stallone is doing.
  • rip.dilla
    edited July 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    I agree but both these movies need to make some money. I respect what Stallone is doing.

Sly has lost the plot and don't know when to let go...

Reviving Rambo and Rocky has to be one of the worst things to happen in cinema history...
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited July 2010
    Options
    *looks @ trailer again*

damn this movie is gonna be epic
  • jennifer.bush*
    jennifer.bush* Members Posts: 551
    edited July 2010
    Options

lmao, i was goona say that, damn, movie looks wild