Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhpVE5Yfvhc

even those who detest kobe the most i believe appreciate him for winning the gold medal in 2008. he saved us from losing the championship game to spain in 2008
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had to turn the channel...too embarrassing
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • detcatinva
    Options
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Top 5 Of All Time

He gave every team "THAT WORK"
    12957645_1333976706630850_5218653318662607285_o.jpg

the_legend_of_kobe_bryant_by_jeffreyliang-d5med25.png

9bb016d9-46a3-4f2b-9bbc-c06b51816ffa.jpg
    michael-jordan-kobe-bryant1.jpg

Gotta update that 51 to 60 against Utah
    12957645_1333976706630850_5218653318662607285_o.jpg
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Story of this man's legendary career has to be how much HATE he received. It almost had him sent to prison. ESPN went on a rampage for 3 years trying to conjure up a story about how players didn't want to play alongside him. Since the beginning of his playing with the Lakers the Lakers at first and then the rest of the NBA just hated this dude.
    He rose above it all and shoved it in their faces time and time and time again. His greatness and dedication even is inspiring and contagious to others. Just simply greatness personified. It was a pleasure to watch his entire career and interesting to dissect all the extreme negativity he had to endure throughout his whole career for 20 years. Never seen one guy hated from the time they entered the NBA until they left. Then 60 points on your last game at 37 years of age after an achilles injury, shoulder surgeries, knee surgeries; and in the first full season back since all those injuries? Beautifully hated.
    That hate was real.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQYz0I5dE_A
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im glad it's over for him because I know he squeezed out all the ability he could.

Didn't have a good season but with all the mileage its understandable.

I was getting ? the whole season hearing people turn him into a punch line. Im sure it's others that been watching him since they were middle school/elementary school like me. It's weird feeling sad about someone you dont know but Kobe was just that damn special. Last night was a hard game to watch with all the tributes and stuff but the ending was great.

Wont be another Kobe for while he was a true showman.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kobe-cristie-o.gif

Knew one of these irreverent ass ? was gonna post this. Lmfao
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCrvCbh26K8

still hurts me everytime....not just that play but that whole game Kobe abused my nig Ray Allen every chance he got!
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »

still hurts me everytime....not just that play but that whole game Kobe abused my nig Ray Allen every chance he got!

I remember Ray crying about it back in 05 mad because Kobe always played Ray with a chip on his shoulder because he got drafted before him
  • detcatinva
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »

I remember Ray crying about it back in 05 mad because Kobe always played Ray with a chip on his shoulder because he got drafted before him

Naw ray went really hard on kobe blaming him for shaq being traded calling him a bad teammate and kobe really had a hatred for him
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kobe-cristie-o.gif

idk why you in your feelings fam.
    Kobe took that 2 piece like a champ.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kobe-cristie-o.gif

idk why you in your feelings fam.
    Kobe took that 2 piece like a champ.

No feelings I hit lol on that ? . I just knew it was coming
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Greatest end of career performance (without a championship) ever seen!!
    Criticisms Written with Defenses: By criticism I mean hated for

1-Unbelievable how much hate this man garnered. Even getting 60 points by shooting 50 times is being critiqued. I do believe if you score 60 points out of a possible 100 points that is over 50%; which in the NBA that is warranted if as long as you shoot above 50% and win.
    2-Critiqued and punished by David Stern by doing the unprecedented annexing of a good trade for Chris Paul (basically b/c he believed Kobe would win a ring)
    3-Critiqued for accepting money he didn't demand. He brought the organization a billion dollar contract that they would not have received if not for Kobe's ticket draw. BASICALLY Lakers had the money to get anyone they wanted even with salary cap penalties & paying him alot of money.
    4-Critiqued for hogging the ball when he played with Devean George, Kwame Brown, Smush Parker and still won a ring.
    5-Critiqued for a ? trial where the woman had xes and the man seed of 6 different people in her draws the same time when she turned them in as evidence. Also she'd filed for ? before against an athlete to try to win money. Plus last year she's on youtube rapping about being depar by Kobe. So basically, she was a liar
    6-ESPN went on a hunt to try and make it seem no player wanted to play with Kobe and made it a witch hunt story.
    7-Critiqued endlessly for what he mumbled in a police recording that somehow the police decided to talk about and release.Basically Kobe was saying to the police -wink-wink- I should have done like Shaq and paid you guys off when women want money b/c I slept with them. He was basically waiting for the cop to make him an offer, why?, b/c if you try to outright bribe a cop you go to prison and he would be seen as guilty of the crime. Instead the cop took what was said in an office to him and released it publicly. The public then heard it and took it as Kobe went to the media on tv in front of the world and told on Shaq's extra marrital affairs.
    8-critiqued for not passing in a game he scored 81
    9-critiqued because he played and acted like MJ
    10-critiqued and predicted by numerous analysts he'd never win a ring without Shaq
    11-critiqued for not being friendly to reporters who dog him out
    12-critiqued for splitting up with Shaq when before he said what he said in police office, before this Shaq slapped him in practice because he told Shaq to get in shape b/c he was tired of carrying the load of the team to the playoffs the entire season just so Shaq could come in two weeks before the playoffs. Critiqued b/c Lakers wanted to trade Shaq and he could have but chose not to stop it.
    13-critiqued by Charles Barkley for countless yeas before he was 33 about being an old man and needing to retire; and after that he still won another ring.
    14-Not given an MVP and watched Steve Nash get it when Kobe clearly was the MVP of that season.
    15-Critiqued and hated by fans because he practiced hard, went to work everyday and never complained about his own work in the NBA or any refs to the media or the media on him.
    Hated, hated, hated from the time he was 18 and joined the Lakers and Nick Van Exel hating on him b/c he figured Lakers were going to win with or without him.
    16-Hated even at first by Del Harris who refused to play him his rookie year even though he was putting up numbers and the fans had to demand he get more playing time. Later hated by Phil Jackson & then of course later Phil came to love him
    17-critiqued for shooting. And he's a shooting guard (which means he's supposed to SHOOT) & is number 2 for having the Lakers most assist record (under Magic) and one of the NBA's top Defensive players for a period of time.

Hated. I never saw anything like it before. From beginning to end
  • da-great1
    da-great1 Members Posts: 126 ✭✭
    Options
    The homie whipped up a little something brehs hope y'all read it and comment plus show some love to the podcast aqDwC.png

Kobe’s name has evolved from more than being a name of a person it’s a brand, a brand you can trust. When you do a sick cross over and hit the baseline jumper in 2k what do you usually say? “Kobe” when you’re playing your friends in a pick up game of basketball what do you say when you make an impossible shot? “Kobe” when you’re crumbling up pieces of paper and throwing it into the waste bin…. “Kobe” whether you like it or not Kobe is as great as a player as you think he is, hate it or love it the underdog is on top.

To read more:

Kobe is a VERB – FTESWL
    https://fteswl.com/2016/04/13/thankyoukobe-mambaday/
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    dee.i.? wrote: »
    detcatinva wrote: »
    20 NBA seasons

1 more game left

5 NBA championships
    2x's Final's MVP
    1NBA MVP

33,570 career points scored
    81 points in a single game
    62 points in 3 quarters

18x's All Star
    15x's All NBA Team
    12x's All NBA Defense

This is one last thread to appreciate the greatness of Kobe Bryant. Post his greatest moments...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIbWigqAtLI

Damn shame @ the bolded

When did he deserve to be mvp other than in 08? I always felt he should have won it in 06, but that's just me

2003 he had a strong case
    30 PPG, 7 rebounds, 6 assists 
    16 strait 30 point games 
    9 strait 40 point games 
    Averaged 40.6 ppg in the month of February 
    5 tipple doubles that season. 2nd only to Jason Kidd for the year

But Spurs had 60 wins compared to Lakers 50 (i think),Shaq missed alot of the 1st part of the season so if he played, kobe would have had a better shot of getting it because Duncan won it solely because of the win difference.. Same reason Nash won it in 06 over Kobe and that 06 Suns only won 54 games with multiple All Stars while 06 Lakers won 47 with Kobe having Smush, Mihm and Kwame as starters..

Kobe should have at least two (at most four) MVPs, 06 or 09 could've legitimately been his with nobody having a real problem with it and 03 would've been his if they won atleast 8-9 more games..
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    11 first team all nba 9 first team all defense
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ultimate Kobe Streaming (since no one messes with DVDs anymore)

5 games

• Jan 22, 2006 Raptors vs Lakers 81 points

• June 02, 2002 Lakers vs Kings OT WCF 30pts 10reb 7ast 52mins

• June 04, 2000 Lakers vs Blazers 25pts 11reb 7ast 4blks - Lob to Shaq!

• Dec 20, 2005 Lakers vs Mavs 62pts 8reb 3Quarters

•Aug 24, 2008 Gold Medal Game, 20pts 6ast - took over the 4th