Kobe Bryant Greatness Thread

13»

Comments

• MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What solidified his legacy were the 3 straight finals and winning 2 of them with Gasol. Lakers kind of wasted 2 years of his prime with ? lineups. 35 5 5 season should have been his 1st MVP - that team was trash

He's 7-8th on my list of top 10 (if we include Bill and Wilt as OGs 4th and 5th spots)
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What solidified his legacy were the 3 straight finals and winning 2 of them with Gasol. Lakers kind of wasted 2 years of his prime with ? lineups. 35 5 5 season should have been his 1st MVP - that team was trash

He's 7-8th on my list of top 10 (if we include Bill and Wilt as OGs 4th and 5th spots)

Lakers didn't do ? , HE ran Shaq out of town, so HE had to deal with those ? squads for a while, plus that Gasol deal should of been vetoed he lucked out
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    ghost! wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCrvCbh26K8

still hurts me everytime....not just that play but that whole game Kobe abused my nig Ray Allen every chance he got!

That was a preseason game too. Kobe was ? .
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? David stern b

Chris Paul should of been a laker
  • MarcusGarvey

Lakers didn't do ? , HE ran Shaq out of town, so HE had to deal with those ? squads for a while, plus that Gasol deal should of been vetoed he lucked out

It was the perfect time to trade Shaq. He had prolly 2 good years after he got traded. Waiting to get in shape in season caught up with him.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was the perfect time to trade Shaq. He had prolly 2 good years after he got traded. Waiting to get in shape in season caught up with him.

The trade worked our perfectly for my heat at the time
  • MarcusGarvey
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I haven't been watching basketball over the years, but when I was younger and living with roommates we used to watch basketball every Sunday as a ritual.

I remember watching the all star game in 1998 and watching MJ school Kobe. He did that patented fade away jump shot on one side of the basket and scored two points. Then the very next play he did the exact same move on the other side of the basket. At the time we thought Kobe was all hype and didn't belong on the all star team.

But then him and Shaq 3-peated and I had to give credit where it was due. I didn't see the game where he scored 81 points but I remember coming to work and people were talking about it.

All things considered he's mos def one of The GOATs.

I hope he doesn't try to make a comeback.

And I hope his money is wisely invested. It would be a shame if he went broke.
  • MarcusGarvey
    edited April 2016

Yea I'm quoting my own post. I'm telling you, Kobe was one of the main reasons (Wade, Olympic Melo too) The Redeem Team won.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jerry Buss told Shaq straight up they wasn't giving him a max deal, so Shaq demanded a trade... He never even talked to Kobe about what they should do with Shaq. Shaq ran himself out of L.A. Because his ego couldn't handle the fact that from that point forward he'd be getting second fiddle money and they were giving top billing to the younger talented player, instead of the aging, lazy superstar on the decline.

Jerry Buss would've had more sense than to give washed up Kobe that ? up retirement contract, too, that just hamstrung the Lakers for the last 3 and next 3 years going forward.