This ? gona be trash..
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im staying tuned.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first one was dope but got old fast due to it's limitations. It could have been so much more. Wasn't a bad game just hit the ceiling to fast.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needs a richer backstory and less bots.
  • The Recipe
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    def gon cop this
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like they took feedback from people who either never played the game or were bad at the game, and just made it more like COD. Not sure about this.
  • AP21
    nah...the feedback, from the articles i've read are legit

one of my biggest gripes was there were too many bots/grunts and not enough human players

seems like they've addressed that

also, the lack of a real story mode

seems like they've addressed that as well

i cant say i had any gripes about game mechanics or balancing, so...maybe thats what you are talking about
  • focus
    edited August 2016
    The bots served a vital purpose. They prevented camping #1. Sped up Titan drops. They also allowed lesser skilled players to contribute, especially during clutch comebacks and for hacking, and finally they added to the overall atmosphere. Its felt like chaos and war. Plus with everybody jumping off buildings and flying around the map, you could still somewhat blend in and not stick out so much. Its like the people who complained thought they were just there for decoration?

Now, from the gameplay ive seen, it looks way slower, the maps look huge but empty, the TTK is too high, no one is traversing anything...so, its COD. I see they are also now leading with pilot vs pilot mode to accommodate people who complained about Titans too. WTF? The game is call TITANFALL. I dont get why they are listening to these people who just want even more COD.

• AP21
    focus wrote: »
    The bots served a vital purpose. They prevented camping #1. Sped up Titan drops. They also allowed lesser skilled players to contribute, especially during clutch comebacks and for hacking, and finally they added to the overall atmosphere. Its felt like chaos and war. Plus with everybody jumping off building and flying around the map, you could still somewhat blend in and not stick out so much. Its like the people who complained thought they were just there for decoration?

Now, from the gameplay ive seen, its looks way slower, the maps look huge but empty, the TTK is too high, no one is traversing anything...so, its COD. I see they are now leading with pilot vs pilot mode to accommodate people who complained about Titans too. WTF? The game is call TITANFALL. I dont get why they are listening yo thesd people who just want even more COD.

totally understandable, but they were idiots. I can probably count the number of times i was actually killed by one

maybe if they had better logic, i wouldnt have been as irritated by them
  • focus
    Yea, but intelligence was never their function at all. Thats the thing. They were intentionally fonder for other more important reasons. I can count the number of times I was actually killed by one also, but...I remember those times. I knew that I still had to keep in mind that if I was feelin myself too too much and got caught up by an enemy pilot or titan, that all it took was a stray bullet from the A.I. to finish the job.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "Tech Test" is out for PS4, should be for XB1 as well, DL'ing it now...
  • focus
    edited August 2016
    After 2 matches of the tech test, I can scratch this off my list of games this year. This is not Titanfall. They honestly need to delay it. Dropping inbetween Gears 4/Battlefield 1 and COD never made sense anyway. The overwhelming consensus is that they ? up the game, something I dont think anyone thought was even possible given the almost perfect foundation laid with the original.

I blame the PS4.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still better than COD
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how do you turn off the voice chat? It's annoying as ? .
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Titanfall 2 has been receiving good reviews. 9.5, 9, 9, and lowest has been 7 from Polygon. I need a FPS fix and IW just straight up sucks. Might pick this up next week, as I enjoyed the beta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6hWXv78nMA
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I want to check this out, but I don't know when I'll play it. The DS3 DLC just dropped and Final Fantasy XV is dropping next month. How long do ya'll think the online will be active for this ? ?

Edit: I decided to get it. I preordered at Best Buy and got $12 off of it and FFXV each. Not a bad deal. It looks pretty dope. Seems like it will be a good alternative to COD.
  • The Recipe
    This game will be 20 by the top of the New Year markets to crowded but they dropped it anyway to get those year end sales figures up because they know COD is going to stink up the joint but stockholders need to see them numbas
  • The Recipe
    edited November 2016
    Grand Opening Grand Closing.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free on all platforms (PS4, XB1, PC) starting tomorrow throughout the weekend.
  • The Recipe
    Ima try it out if its free its me.
  • The Recipe
    Its a decent game, I wish they wouldnt have dropped it during this crowded season. Gun play and movement is crisp and on point what IW tried to do. If you are a fan of arcade shooters you should check this out.
  • AP21
    copped this during BF sale

i ? wit it...better than any COD i've played over the past few years
  • focus
    edited December 2016
    It has grown on me. Maps still no where as good as Titanfall 1, and Titans still should have shields back, and battery play should be optional, but its way better than the beta