Is Tracy McGrady a Hall of Famer?

Options

Comments

• PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Guess Joe Johnson going to get in too...he got more career points and was a 7 time all star...why be hard for T-Mac to get in

You can't be serious. T-Mac at his peak was a superstar and arguable top 6-7 player. Joe Johnson was never top 10. Doesn't matter how long he played.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guess Joe Johnson going to get in too...he got more career points and was a 7 time all star...why be hard for T-Mac to get in

Context

T-Mac body gave out on him by 30
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is when the question "do u actually watch or do u just read box scores?" comes into play
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is the criteria for getting in the hall of fame? Obviously you have to get nominated and voted in, but what are the details?

How many people are inducted per year?

I don't follow basketball that heavy but I can remember watching him in the late 90s/early2000s and he used to ? on people.

I also remember watching a game when Ray Allen ? on T-Mac and dunked in his face. Must have been in 1999. It was back before they legalized zone defense and people used to clear out and then they'd play one-on-one (like when AI crossed over Jordan). Ray allen crossed him over and drove straight to the basket and dunked it while the other 8 guys on the floor were standing by.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here it is. Its not how I remembered it, this might actually be a different game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzo8RskHTRU
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yao got in cuz he helped make bball popular in China
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can't be serious. T-Mac at his peak was a superstar and arguable top 6-7 player. Joe Johnson was never top 10. Doesn't matter how long he played.

What is this back-handed compliment ? ? T-Mac was arguably THE BEST player in the league, and a definite top 5 player in his prime.
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think he gets in..if Chris Mullin got in, he should get in. I liked Mullin..but I didn't think he was HOF worthy. Vince Carter and Chris Webber will also get in..
  • PanchoYoSancho
    Options

What is this back-handed compliment ? ? T-Mac was arguably THE BEST player in the league, and a definite top 5 player in his prime.
    I said top 6-7, you said top 5 and you're mad? lol

I'm talking about over the course of his prime which was from 2000-2006 . Duncan, Kobe and Shaq were better. Kidd, A.I. and Dirk were all as good if not better. The only season I would put him as top 5 and maybe even top 3 was 02-03 when he was leading the league in scoring and shooting a career high 45.7% Even then, his team was 42-40 (39-36 with him on the floor) and barely made the playoffs in the sorry East.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm talking about over the course of his prime which was from 2000-2006 . Duncan, Kobe and Shaq were better. Kidd, A.I. and Dirk were all as good if not better. The only season I would put him as top 5 and maybe even top 3 was 02-03 when he was leading the league in scoring and shooting a career high 45.7% Even then, his team was 42-40 (39-36 with him on the floor) and barely made the playoffs in the sorry East.

So TMac was putting up empty stats?

Damn. He got that Kevin Love type win-lose record.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

I wouldn't go that far. He never played with a legit all-star til Yao in Houston. His 2nd and 3rd options were Mike Miller and Darrell Armstrong and his teams still had winning records until his last season when they were trash. That's when Grant Hill started having those Gumby ankles and never saw the court.
  • Shizlansky
    Options

I wouldn't go that far. He never played with a legit all-star til Yao in Houston. His 2nd and 3rd options were Mike Miller and Darrell Armstrong and his teams still had winning records until his last season when they were trash. That's when Grant Hill started having those Gumby ankles and never saw the court.

But the east was ultra weak when he was on the magic.

That type of record in the west would have had you in the lottery.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So Armstrong, Mike miller, pat Garrity and Andrew declerq is a formidable starting lineup to you?
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

So Armstrong, Mike miller, pat Garrity and Andrew declerq is a formidable starting lineup to you?

What does that have to do with what I was saying

LBJ had terrible team and went to the finals

If you're a top 2 player win at least 1 playoff series.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Listen I'm all for T mac not getting in the hall but where you getting these parameters from though?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

contrary to popular belief, its a team game.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, ? . I can't rock with this. You don't make the Hall just for putting up better-than-average numbers for a five-year span.....

.....if you're not winning any major awards/rings, you got to do that ? for minimum 10 seasons.

Can't ride with Mac to the Hall, but something tells me now that Yao's in, he's getting in...eventually.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at better than average

You got high standards for average
  • PanchoYoSancho
    Options

They were up 3-1 up Detroit tho. And T-Mac shot 36% the rest of the series and they lost 3 straight. Detroit had a great defense, but that's on him. He was killing em the first half of the series and fell apart afterwards.
  • Shizlansky
    Options

This ain't football. 1 player can take over the game and win by himself. It happens a lot.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    from 01-08, t-mac avg 26.1 ppg

thats just above avg? what would be good and great then?
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options

Context.

Lebron's Cav's were certainly trash by Finals standards but they were considerably better than that Magic squad.

Although a massive under-achiever, Larry Hughes had more talent than anyone on that Magic squad not named TMac. Big Z was serviceable in the paint with very good size. Drew Gooden was a high lottery pick - and he was amidst his more productive years in the league. Verajo brought energy and activity every night and complemented Lebron rather well at that point in his career. And Eric Snow had some pretty clutch performances - he was a notch better than Darrell Armstrong.

Thier bench is not even with mentioning, but they played hard and we all know about that team's defense.

All that being said, we know TMac is no Lebron James either. That probably had something to do with it, too.

That ain't the bar though - the bar is the HOF.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was agreeing that Tmac had horrendous teams in Orlando, when they did the comparison on the jump with Tmac's Orlando team from 02 and Melo's team from this past year it was astonishing how ? poor those magic teams were
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T-mac shouldn't get in, dude was just a scorer. No defense, didn't seem to make his teammates better, dude was str8 lazy w/o the ball. Never got out the 1st round..unless u count that chip w the spurs