The official Breakfast Club Interview thread

Options

Comments

• Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fat joe interview was also great/By the way anybody got that Nore and fat joe interview which fat joe talked about...
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1976 copyright law? wow
  • AP21
    Options
    @knock_twice and I go back and forth talking about Tariq

this was a very good interview tho imo
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Where the sticky fingers joint at? That ? was funny as ? too. And u can't forget about that infamous Lil Mama interview, just because she ended up crying
  • AP21
    Options
    i got you brah...give me min
  • AP21
    Options
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Figo wrote: »
    ? Train Award 2016

Jz18-5.gif

Tariq asked could he slide the ? train trophy over to Envy after he asked what about black on black crime was hilarious.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

Dope and entertaining interviewing

I like how they gave him a lil push back on the voting issue,becuase it really doesn't make sense under greater scrutiny. If you ARE participating you DO have a right to voice your grievance if things aren't getting done as promised. He would have been better off saying, don't vote because it takes too much time out day to do it lol

And it was funny as hell how quiet Envy got once Tariq said all men, especially if they have money and a lil power cheats
    lol

He was either oblivious or just forgot about that ugly situation Envy got himself to a few years back

• AP21
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

Dope and entertaining interviewing

I like how they gave him a lil push back on the voting issue,becuase it really doesn't make sense under greater scrutiny. If you ARE participating you DO have a right to voice your grievance if things aren't getting done as promised. He would have been better off saying, don't vote because it takes too much time out day to do it lol

And it was funny as hell how quiet Envy got once Tariq said all men, especially if they have money and a lil power cheats
    lol

He was either oblivious or just forgot about that ugly situation Envy got himself to a few years back

brah...me and Knock Twice was about to fight about this lol

you saying the same thing i was saying. If you gon say not vote, then whats the alternative. He talked about it in greater detail here vs the podcast Knock Twice had me listen to. His views regarding certain topics are a bit extreme imo, however, he does raise some good points and questions.

Re: Envy

i dont think a lot of people remember that outside of the loyal BC viewers. He may not honestly know, but Envy did get tight when they talked about why blacks rob other successful blacks.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He was saying some real ? but his stance on voting is dangerous. Voting matters I don't care what he says.
  • AP21
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    He was saying some real ? but his stance on voting is dangerous. Voting matters I don't care what he says.

i agree with him that we should start to build up our representation at a grassroots level to ensure or at least to mitigate as much as possible, that they will continue to have our backs as their political careers take off

I do believe that, but even that starts at the local level
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options

Lost a little respect for Charlemagne on this one. He basically bullied her. If she ain't popping why have her on there?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How so

If voting isn't producing desired results, why keep doing it?
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

How so

If voting isn't producing desired results, why keep doing it?

Again, it's how and when u vote that matters. Bernie sanders just came out and said he's losing because poor people don't vote. It's the reason his strategy from the beginning was never going to work. Putting policy aside, he targeted the two groups of people that historically vote in the lowest numbers: young people and poor people.

Ask yourself this: if voting is as much of a facade as u say, why is it that the richest people in the world vote in upwards of 80%?? It's less of them than us but they actually utilize the one tool that we all have at our disposal. That's how u enact change but the vast majority of us would rather complain about ? and only vote in presidential elections, not even presidential primaries
  • R.D.
    Options
    Bruh we voted for Obama...what did it get us

Like others saying in the other thread, why give our votes to people not offering us anything

Why keep offering our votes in exchange for a dream
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Bruh we voted for Obama...what did it get us

Like others saying in the other thread, why give our votes to people not offering us anything

Why keep offering our votes in exchange for a dream

Ive posted things plenty of times on what Obama has done for us... but you ? dont want to hear that.. you ? just like to hear yourself bytch.. he hasn't done what YOU wanted him to do either because he cant (not in his power) they wont let him... or its simply implausible to do so..

Yall ? want a "real ? " in office huh?

So yall want the black version of Donald Trump right?

Them racist rednecks want that too and you see how the Republican party is being viewed..
  • R.D.
    Options
    Bruh I don't have conversation for you

We've agreed we don't see eye to eye
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh I don't have conversation for you

We've agreed we don't see eye to eye

You cant say "he hasn't done anything for us" if in fact if you do research he has... you are projecting an opinion as fact..
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? a President... Your states are the ones out here ? ? up. This is why voting is important. You think these people who are criticizing The North Carolina Governor are going to stay home? You think the LBGT group are thinking that voting won't change anything? Nope! People be worried about the President too much then be driving around their city wondering why all the hoods gone and why you got toll roads and ? . Don't let Tariq lie to you and say voting don't matter. He's saying for President, but some dumb ? will go on thinking that voting at all don't matter.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No troll ? ....serious bidness....I got a question....

I feel like Tariq is saying that we don't need to vote until we have a bargaining chip(resources) to pay off a politician to get what is promised....

Now to my understanding....voting is ruled by the majority...if we are the minority....how can we have more votes than the majority in order to win an election unless it's a highly populated black area or area where people of different races agree politically ?

So saying to all black people who are the minority, that it is important to vote, but voting is judged off majority rules , how we as a minority, using a system that favors the majority, win an election unless enough of the majority votes for what the minority votes for?

How can the minority win in a voting system that favors the majority? is my question
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »

I feel like Tariq is saying that we don't need to vote until we have a bargaining chip(resources) to pay off a politician to get what is promised....

Now to my understanding....voting is ruled by the majority...if we are the minority....how can we have more votes than the majority in order to win an election unless it's a highly populated black area or area where people of different races agree politically ?

So saying to all black people who are the minority, that it is important to vote, but voting is judged off majority rules , how we as a minority, using a system that favors the majority, win an election unless enough of the majority votes for what the minority votes for?

How can the minority win in a voting system that favors the majority? is my question

The idea is that.. Our votes will add to the other votes that the candidate has.. It can sway an election.. If a politician has a good amount of white votes, latino, asian votes and all he/she needs is the black vote to win the election.. We then become a powerful group..
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »

The idea is that.. Our votes will add to the other votes that the candidate has.. It can sway an election.. If a politician has a good amount of white votes, latino, asian votes and all he/she needs is the black vote to win the election.. We then become a powerful group..

But we have nothing to hold to that person to get what is promised to us for our vote is what I feel like tariq is trying to convey....

? voting for right now until blacks collectively have enough resources to come together and contribute to a campaign with resources that we can expect to be catered to for our contribution rather than being lied to for 4-8 years time and time again