Jason Whitlock says Kobe destroyed Lakers, imitated MJ for 20 years & final game was a hot mess.

Options
d.green
d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2016 in From the Cheap Seats

Comments

• MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well.....he's not wrong with the MJ imitation, and Kobe's last three years set the Lake Show back at least 5-6 seasons. He's still a fat ? though, so ? him.
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Kobe could ? a gold brick and Whitlock would hate. He always hated Kobe. ? can dead the whole tryna be like Jordan ? , not everybody can be like Jordan.
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a Whitlock fan but he has some points
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This fat ass ? just trying to get some buzz off Kobe.
    Even if he made some points, everyone knows Whitlock is a clown.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    804 wrote: »
    I don't understand how 5 rings later he destroyed the Lakers. Nobody forced management to pay him. If you're boss offers you 25 mil a year, chances are you're taking it. Folks are overreacting about Lakers future.

Yeah the lakers shoulda started the bid a lil lower but they didn't because the management doesn't know what they doing. Its they fault but they set Kobe up to look like he was selfish. ? did what anybody woulda did in taking that money.
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    That fat ? career is all about being a contrarian.

Everyone knows i ain't the biggest Kobe fan, but let the man have his moment.

Exactly. Whitlock the same guy who thinks Jeff George is one of the greatest quarterbacks
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ima just address his points about Kobes last game and his season as a whole

I watched the final game. Ive never seen a game where cats literally grabed the rebound, handed the ball to the man, and got out the way.

Also plenty of players could have announced their retiement before a season. Plenty of players could have accepted the ultimate green light and shoot whatevr they wanted in a last game (grantwd maybe not 50 shots) . No one would think to do it tho. Bc its self centered to announce, and its atrocious basketball. But Kobe did. More power to him i guess bc all people will remember is 60

Bc the consensus seems to be '? it, its KOBE!'. I personally have recused myself for that reason, im not arguing up a hill vs people reasoning with emotion . But all year ive said to myself, SOMEBODY has to be seeing this ? lol Nigas have said ? wins and losses and the integrity of the game , we just want Kobe to be alright.

So minus the parts about the hate at his career (which is sill largely facts) i have nothing but respect for Whitlock in this case for being the one journalist to address the ? . 'No one man is bigger than the game' went out the window and it was cringeworthy all year.
  • S2J
    Options
    Never been a Spurs fan in my life but i very low key wouldnt mind them winning and Duncan quietly retiring with 6.

Like the fact Duncan is ACTUALLY Kobes equal on an all time level yet not doing all the extra ? and geta no pub is such a black eye to the league to me. No respect lol

804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

I watched the final game. Ive never seen a game where cats literally grabed the rebound, handed the ball to the man, and got out the way.

Also plenty of players could have announced their retiement before a season. Plenty of players could have accepted the ultimate green light and shoot whatevr they wanted in a last game (grantwd maybe not 50 shots) . No one would think to do it tho. Bc its self centered to announce, and its atrocious basketball. But Kobe did. More power to him i guess bc all people will remember is 60

Bc the consensus seems to be '? it, its KOBE!'. I personally have recused myself for that reason, im not arguing up a hill vs people reasoning with emotion . But all year ive said to myself, SOMEBODY has to be seeing this ? lol Nigas have said ? wins and losses and the integrity of the game , we just want Kobe to be alright.

So minus the parts about the hate at his career (which is sill largely facts) i have nothing but respect for Whitlock in this case for being the one journalist to address the ? . 'No one man is bigger than the game' went out the window and it was cringeworthy all year.

No one man is bigger than the game though? Really? Has the game somehow received damage because a man that contributed so much to the game of basketball over the last 20 years decided to go out guns blazing in his last game? The man played half a season in the previous two years, after suffering season ending injuries, and after returning this year and realizing he can no longer play the game at an elite level over the course of a season, he decides it will be his last season and that now makes him an egomaniacal ? intent on leaving a skidmark on the history of the game. Give me a break, this Lakers squad was miss out on the NIT tournament bad, and these young guys had plenty of opportunities to learn even with Kobe's farewell tour. What would have been a better use of 48 minutes of playing time, for young players on a 65 loss team, in the 82nd game of the season? If you choose to nitpick about this year in a otherwise stellar career, you are a hater whether you choose to believe it or not.
  • S2J
    edited April 2016
    Options

No one man is bigger than the game though? Really? Has the game somehow received damage because a man that contributed so much to the game of basketball over the last 20 years decided to go out guns blazing in his last game? The man played half a season in the previous two years, after suffering season ending injuries, and after returning this year and realizing he can no longer play the game at an elite level over the course of a season, he decides it will be his last season and that now makes him an egomaniacal ? intent on leaving a skidmark on the history of the game. Give me a break, this Lakers squad was miss out on the NIT tournament bad, and these young guys had plenty of opportunities to learn even with Kobe's farewell tour. What would have been a better use of 48 minutes of playing time, for young players on a 65 loss team, in the 82nd game of the season? If you choose to nitpick about this year in a otherwise stellar career, you are a hater whether you choose to believe it or not.

? ? u aint gon talk me to death. See below
    I personally have recused myself for that reason, im not arguing up a hill vs people reasoning with emotion .

804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? ? u aint gon talk me to death. See below
    I personally have recused myself for that reason, im not arguing up a hill vs people reasoning with emotion .

Yo ? was longer than mine ? , and there is no emotion it is my opinion. I'll never understand why if you don't agree with somebody on this board, you must be too emotionally invested to have clear opinion on the topic. I don't want to argue with you at all, I don't give two red cents about your existence, let alone whether or not you know what you're talking about, I simply do not agree with your sentiments.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I laughed why Kobe said he liked his time after shaq left talking bout we stayed... as if the constant trade me threats didn't occur after they didn't trade bynum for kidd
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J pretty summed it up and how I feel bout it.