Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Who's to say he can't do serious movies though?

It wouldn't benefit him to try at this point.

CASH IN COMPLETELY, then when u sittin on 100 mill hey go for it

Yall want the ? to put his career in jeopardy to make a point . And yea, i say career, bc the following for comedians is THAT fickle

Yeah.

I don't like Kevin Hart at all. Never found him funny once but the smartest thing he ever did was stay in his lane.

I know traditionally comedians are brilliant at transitioning to drama but notice that it's usually the ones who started out as genuinely funny comedians who do? even when they're not even funny amymore like ? .

Not accidental superstar comedians like Hart. Smartest thing he's done is stick to his formula.

Everything Hart does isn't funny but he ain't no accidental superstar. ? been grinding for years before he blew up

Be honest. The way he started and was going he was destined for co star status for life. He was the star of Soul Plane for ? 's sake. He networked like a muthafucka and expanded his brand and I don't knock his hustle but he's not in there like that off talent alone. Be real.

Chappell did Undercover Brother. Only a year before Chapelle show....And wasnt the star at that. So lets not jump out the window shall we...

Chappelle was already a well established superstar on the comedy circuit by the time he did that movie. He had grinded on his own but unlike Hart it wasn't just his grind it was his talent as well that got those kinda eyes on him.

By the time Chappelle did Undercover Brother his Killing Em Softly was considered an instant stand up classic. Halfbaked was considered a cult classic and he had already broken through via his work in the Mel Brooks movie he co-starred in.

By the time Kevin Hart did Soul Plane he was most famous for some DTV Roc-A-Fella films jump off.

You can't compare Hart's come up to Chappelle or Martin or Eddie or even Jamie. Compared to those cats he was a straight up fluke. They already were genuinely established comedy prodigies before their mainstream success came in. Hart really wasn't. Certainly not on their level.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options

Yall want the ? to put his career in jeopardy to make a point . And yea, i say career, bc the following for comedians is THAT fickle

Yeah.

I don't like Kevin Hart at all. Never found him funny once but the smartest thing he ever did was stay in his lane.

I know traditionally comedians are brilliant at transitioning to drama but notice that it's usually the ones who started out as genuinely funny comedians who do? even when they're not even funny amymore like ? .

Not accidental superstar comedians like Hart. Smartest thing he's done is stick to his formula.

Everything Hart does isn't funny but he ain't no accidental superstar. ? been grinding for years before he blew up

Be honest. The way he started and was going he was destined for co star status for life. He was the star of Soul Plane for ? 's sake. He networked like a muthafucka and expanded his brand and I don't knock his hustle but he's not in there like that off talent alone. Be real.

Chappell did Undercover Brother. Only a year before Chapelle show....And wasnt the star at that. So lets not jump out the window shall we...

Chappelle was already a well established superstar on the comedy circuit by the time he did that movie. He had grinded on his own but unlike Hart it wasn't just his grind it was his talent as well that got those kinda eyes on him.

By the time Chappelle did Undercover Brother his Killing Em Softly was considered an instant stand up classic. Halfbaked was considered a cult classic and he had already broken through via his work in the Mel Brooks movie he co-starred in.

By the time Kevin Hart did Soul Plane he was most famous for some DTV Roc-A-Fella films jump off.

You can't compare Hart's come up to Chappelle or Martin or Eddie or even Jamie. Compared to those cats he was a straight up fluke. They already were genuinely established comedy prodigies before their mainstream success came in. Hart really wasn't. Certainly not on their level.

I dint need the Chapelle biography bro.

Your orginal point was "He did Soul Plane for ? 's sake". And i pointed out Chapelle did Undercover Brother. It completely eliminates your point.

Chapelle was a star comedian but that dont make one a star overall. So....he did take that pretty innocuous role , didnt he? Ok then.

He did have brief cameos in Nuty Professor and Blue Steak- --not co-starting roles- --just like Hart took the same type roles in 40 Year Old ? , yes? Ok then.

No one is making a parallel argument that their come ups are equal. No one's come up is. But Hart had a similar slow burn rise as the names you mentioned. It wasnt overnight or a fluke

As far as exposure, Rock in Boomerang = Chapelle in Nuty Professor = Hart in 40 Year Old ?

And btw Dave chapelle after Killing Me Softly was basically where Hart was after Im a Grown Little Man. We not talkin quality, we just talkin fame. Social media and YouTube played a part to help Hart in that regard . And the numbers support that, Hart has the receipts. Sold out shows, Laugh at My Pain numbers, catch phrases that everyone irl and online knows, comedian ticket sale box office records . Kehin Hart had all that before he starred in 1 major budget box office movie
  • Broddie
    Options
    I am talking quality. It's my fault for not adding "talentwise" right after "not on their level".
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I am talking quality. It's my fault for not adding "talentwise" right after "not on their level".

Damn man made me write all that ? lol No argument there, of course Hart is not in their league talent wise

Fame wise its gettin very interesting. ..
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Yeah.

So now networking and grinding=accidental success? Your post pretty much proves his success isn't an accident or fluke and the he worked hard for it. Nobody makes it on talent alone...not one person. There's always other things that factor into how successful you are.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kevin Hart is my friend
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone seen the trailer for their new different upcoming movie together???
    What's the name; the rock is like CIA agent ...
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And you the on that creates this ? thread

To be honest I'm ? as ? right now, so I just said f#ck it and still created the thread without searching!
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh boy Hollywood is doing another remake.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sometimes I think he's a group of interns at AHH that have to create threads to get their college credits.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    And this is a sequel not remake
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh boy Hollywood is doing another remake.

Please change your avi. That satanic ? ain't wavy bruh
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh Hollywood stay comin up with ? ideas
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im in there 1st week.

My 4yr old loves the OG and cant wait for the sequel.

If u think about it the graphics were pretty bad in the OG during the early stages of cgi

This might be a nice reup.

Also keep in mind its not make for 30+ year old men. Its for the kids B
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds promising with Jack black.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hahahahha
  • TheGOAT
    Options

Trailer drops tomoro
  • Broddie
    Options
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Actually looks better than i thought

https://youtu.be/2QKg5SZ_35I
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    why they call it Jumanji when it can be its own thing/idea.