NYPD pig who killed unarmed Akai Gurley to facing sentencing. Update: Judge gives him 5yrs probation

Options

Comments

• mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

BREAKING: ex-NYPD cop Peter Liang addressing the court "I was in shock, I could barely breathe"

tumblr_m4n1a232qi1r44q7k.gif

Sooooooo, you just shot someone and YOU the one in shock and barely breathing??!!
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like the Judge and District Attorney found a "? in the amour" in the case.

This ? immediately called his union head after the shooting, while neglecting his duties (administering life-saving techniques to Akai Gurley).

It's bewildering to me how all those Asian protesters are out there with their pitchforks, eyes blood-shot red filled with tribalism & ethnocentrism as the default instinct. Pesky facts of the case apparently mean nothing to them. They just want a piece of that good ole "white privilege", that's given to white officers when they murk an unarmed black man.

This yellow-back ? should have never been a cop.

He was sacred shitless in the pink houses. Fired his gun at the first sight--shadow of a silhouette, then chucked his professional posture out the window and went straight into cover up mode.

If Akai Gurley was my relative.....I'd be on some Samuel Jackson "A time to ? ? ."

The only group on that mush mouth, "do right, we are the world" ? is, goofy ? .
    The asians did nothing wrong. Nut ting Wrong.
    ? need to learn, about supporting one another. ? are the first to ? on there own kind, than expect others to do RIGHT by them.
    There's repercussions to hustling backwards, and we're looking at it.

What ? say?reap what u sow ... a house divided.....you know the rest.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a lesson to be learned here, these mf's stick together, judge wasn't about to throw his own under the bus. We gotta really get on some us vs them ? , it's the only way to move
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing about this case made sense. However, Justice, like all Gov't institutions, is an instrument of the powerful. It's an extension of their political will that proves routinely that black life is of infinitesimal worth... But we knew that already. What should Black people do now?
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is some ? ! I just found this out on The Black Authority SmH

https://youtu.be/RdCrWt_Bg3Ql

? the district attorney.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure the powers that be put the pressure on that DA.. He wasn't alone in the decision to beg for no jail time.. I am almost sure of that..
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    this ? 's really about to hit the ? fan. ? cant take no more of this ? . the cataclysm is at hand.

? say this everytime and nothing happens
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    I'm sure the powers that be put the pressure on that DA.. He wasn't alone in the decision to beg for no jail time.. I am almost sure of that..

The problem is that the DA that ya'll elected, wasn't vetted properly. He wasn't there to help his people, but to help himself. He's trying to transition into something else.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    What should Black people do now?

This part of the problem. The question isn't "What should black people do now?" because we all know what black should be doing. The proper question is what has to be done to get black motivated to become politically active and start developing an economic foundation.

What can do immediately is stop buying Chinese food, patronizing their hair and salons. If you have these businesses in your neighborhood boycott them out of existence and replace them with black owned businesses. Stir frying noodles, vegetables, meat, and shrimp isn't hard thing to learn how to do. Plus we've frying chicken and French fries since forever.

Black people, (especially black women,) need to go to beauty school, learn how to give pedicures and manicures, then open a nail salon. They also need to take back the black hair care industry. However, this all a pipe dream because some Messianic figure hasn't fallen out of the sky to tell us ? we already know in a charismatic way. Black people on a whole love this parasitic, masochistic relationship that we have other people. The sad part is our so-called leadership are nothing more than ? , Toms, and Sambos.

Why didn't the President call Ken Uncle Thompson and check his ass behind this fuckery? Why didn't Eric Adams, (Brooklyn Borough President,) issue a statement condemning this ? and say that another candidate needs to run against that ? made (and I hate use the word because I'm trying very hard to eliminate it from my vocabulary, but it's apropos,) ? . Al Sharpton can call for ? boycott of some ? doesn't matter, (like the Oscars,) but now he's nowhere to seen. Then you have Farrakhan's punk ass calling for a pep ralley, talking about, "Justice or Else," but that proved to be nothing more than an empty threat from a paper tiger. Then of course you have the hypocrite that is Bernie Sanders, who love show imaginary of himself with Dr. King, marching with Dr. King, and going to jail with Dr. King, but he ain't got ? to say in regards to this fuckery. If Farrakhan can call for brothers to gather en masse for a N.O.I. public relations pep rally, then pray tell, why didn't he do the same in this case?
    Farrakhan should leading an shutdown of Wall Street this morning.

Personally, I not going to be buying Chinese food, (or patronizing) any other Chinese owned business for about a year or so. I enough y'all to start a #don'tbuychinesefood movement. However, it won't happen because black people love their General Tso's chicken too much, and black women can't bear the thought sporting their natural hair or not having a French manicure. I don't know what it's going to take for black people to understand that we don't have any friends and need to get some act right in our collective lives.

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    black people also love sushi cuz it makes them sound lie they made it.

we will have a bunch of angry people still going to the chinese store...cursing out the people yet still order from them and say they better not do ? to they food.

can black people boycott anything....let keep it real.

? couldnt even boycott crystal even after the owner said he dont want ? buying his ? ....yet he dont give the money back and ? still turn up.

i hate to be the one to say ....but fukk it.

black people are some of the most morally inconsistent only when needed people on this planet. we have some of the highest of the low standards i have seen.

you can cook unhealthy food, cater to our vanity driven ego with hair and nail and sneakers and cheaply made expensive clothes and holda beat or make a beat and anyone is welcomed in our community. they set up shop invest in their own families and race that carries for generations without regards of who the money is coming from and ? on their customers.
    then they come back into Your hoods, buy up the real estate, drive up the prices and kick you the fukk out and rename the ? .
    then for those that have a ? load and happen to escape....they send in the white girl or the non-white Hispanic looking girl and get into the mind of said individual and again that money goes to THEIR family and not back to the black community.

yet we stand together to say jayz aint ? , laugh at 50 cent claiming bankrupt, someone driving a squatter or not having above a 22" tv. We frown upon lack of style, swag or dancing on beat. we are quick to call someone who speaks non-slang as a sellout or post nudes of a chick.

we cant even agree on saying ? and why other should or shouldnt say it.....

all this other ? dont matter......YET.

we should black people do......

we need to get on the same wavelength first,

think like a unit,
    move like a unit,
    take from others and give back to ours,
    stop being so forgiving,
    stop seeking sympathy and empathy from others and sympathize with our own,
    save a gotdamn dollar,
    stay at home and cook,
    invite people over for drink rather than buying out a bar, you still getting ? and you still hanging with freinds but now you are saving money,
    fukk buying a 2017 car when a 2010 will do the same job,
    how about instead of recording every fight to embarrass the loser, we record ? still support asians after this situation.....they are helping those who ? us.
    make those uncle toms, ? , gangbangers, ? who dont care cuz they pass, aint ? ? all feel isolated instead of welcomed and celebrated.

i have so many ideas... but i mostly keep them to myself cuz people cant handle it

? some will be angry with what im saying....but we need to tear down the house and rebuild it stronger.so if it gets you angry either you part of the problem or you are ready to do something about it and not focus on the negative of the message but the guidance it gives to make us stronger.

it not about supporting black its about stopping others from feeling comfortable in our backyard.
    if they are comfortable, they can dominate because of their headstart.
    if they are uncomfortable, they will eventually relocate and black has no other choice but to thrive. we are already thriving behind enemy lines. but not like we could and should.

get rid of them as an option because as long as they are their ...it makes our job harder.

this goes for Asian, white, or black or anyone against uplifting and helping blacks or about the black separation from this island, this DNA strand. they need to be seen as the enemy. ? is nonsense when the first thing that motivates violence against us is our skin color

• powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? is ? up on so many levels... i formulated 5 different responses to this each with it's own point and couldn't make it work without it becoming a rant. Let's just recap what we know then:

1. Prisons are made for blacks and only blacks. Tons of money are made from your warehousing.
    2. The usps worker that cussed out a cop saw more time behind bars
    3. The DA in NO tried to give a black guy 25-L over $31 of stolen candy and This DA... not so much
    4. We've seen NYPD strangle a man to death over loose cigarettes, so this was the natural progression, next we'll see them open fire on a group of black children leaving school....... and get off (remember this statement)
    5. If you agree with chinese people on the subject of human rights..... you're probably a ? up individual. Conditions in your ? sweat shops, foxconn workers committing suicide when they suppose to be making apple ? , the tianjin explosion are "tragic mistakes" this was willfully not following procedure which resulted in death.

no rant from me..sadly, it'll be business as usual by friday night.... I posted this before, but here's a refresher, it is possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgZvdl5qE58
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? couldnt even boycott crystal even after the owner said he dont want ? buying his ? ....yet he dont give the money back and ? still turn up.

This is why Farrakhan is a clown, "talking-loud-and-saying-nothing-? . Don't you if he called froim called black to show up at the courthouse they would have came? Since he holds so much sway in the community, that if he called for a boycott of these ? eyed muthafuckas businesses, we'd be doing it?
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? them chinks and the ? ? they came out of
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »

The problem is that the DA that ya'll elected, wasn't vetted properly. He wasn't there to help his people, but to help himself. He's trying to transition into something else.

This is speculation on my part.. Im sure they came at him like yo if u don't do this.. Something bad is gonna happen.. And he had to oblige.. Cuz to his credit he charged the cop.. Then all of a sudden beg for no jail time.. Something change between the time he filed charges to when the sentences was supposed to come down.. I can't say for sure.. But its plausible..
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is why Farrakhan is a clown, "talking-loud-and-saying-nothing-? . Don't you if he called froim called black to show up at the courthouse they would have came? Since he holds so much sway in the community, that if he called for a boycott of these ? eyed muthafuckas businesses, we'd be doing it?

farrakhan didn't pull the trigger give that man probation nor put the da in puppet position

let's not lose focus or misdirect energy
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and half stepping because of what "most ? " is on at best an ignorant distraction and at its lowest is an excuse

handfuls of people were catalysts for the world we live in today. "most people" were bystanders and or chasing their tails...people alwats lose sight of that reality

do what you can and influence your circle and keep your kids in tune to what were living in. that alone will lead you to more ?
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ive been keeping my dollar mad black.this yr and u punks better start doing the same...I bet u if ? were like we are not frequenting any asian.owned eatablishment til.homie served.some.time, they d make sure he went to.prison

how about made in asia products too?
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options
    optimistic wrote: »
    Instead of marching, protesting, and complaining, shoot a coupla DA. 's those recommendations will change

? aint down for that jail time
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options
    Looks like the Judge and District Attorney found a "? in the amour" in the case.

This ? immediately called his union head after the shooting, while neglecting his duties (administering life-saving techniques to Akai Gurley).

It's bewildering to me how all those Asian protesters are out there with their pitchforks, eyes blood-shot red filled with tribalism & ethnocentrism as the default instinct. Pesky facts of the case apparently mean nothing to them. They just want a piece of that good ole "white privilege", that's given to white officers when they murk an unarmed black man.

This yellow-back ? should have never been a cop.

He was sacred shitless in the pink houses. Fired his gun at the first sight--shadow of a silhouette, then chucked his professional posture out the window and went straight into cover up mode.

If Akai Gurley was my relative.....I'd be on some Samuel Jackson "A time to ? ? ."

he is your relative bruh, he is all our relative.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    New Orleans

Five former police officers involved in the shooting deaths of unarmed people here in the days after Hurricane Katrina, a case that drew national outrage and intense scrutiny to the city’s police force, pleaded guilty in federal court on Wednesday and received significantly less prison time than they originally faced.

The victims, in a city still without order and drowning in floodwaters, were crossing the bridge in search of food or relatives when police officers rushed to the scene in a rental truck. The officers opened fire with shotguns and AK-47s, leaving four people severely injured and two dead: 17-year-old James Brisette, and Mr. Madison, a 40-year-old developmentally disabled man who took a shotgun blast in the back.

But other officers who had pleaded guilty testified that defendants had fired without warning, stomped on the dying and immediately afterward began to construct what would become an extensive cover-up.

The officers were convicted of civil rights violations, conspiracy and obstruction of justice. At their sentencing, however, Judge Engelhardt delivered a long speech condemning the prosecution for its plea deals and its use of certain witnesses, and deplored the mandatory minimum sentences he was forced to impose on some of the convicted officers.

@ Bold - ?
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb6hsLfP4x0

http://gothamist.com/2016/04/20/seven_arrested_protesting_peter_lia.php
    Seven Arrested Protesting Peter Liang Sentencing Outside Brooklyn DA's House

Seven people were arrested early this morning while protesting outside Brooklyn District Attorney Ken Thompson's house, denouncing his handling of the Peter Liang case. Last month, Thompson recommended that Liang get probation and house arrest—but no prison time—for killing 28-year-old Akai Gurley in 2014, and yesterday, Brooklyn judge Danny Chun reduced Liang's charges from second-degree manslaughter to criminally negligent homicide, sentencing the former NYPD officer to five years of probation and 800 hours of community service.

Police said that they received a 911 call at about 12:40 a.m. today informing them about a group of protestors outside Thompson's house in Clinton Hill. Video taken at the protest shows some 20 protestors using the people's mic technique to deliver the following message to Thompson and his neighbors:

"We want you to know you live next door to someone complicit in a murder—in the murder of black people here in New York City. Ken Thompson wrote a recommendation to the judge in Peter Liang's trial to say that he should not receive jail time for murdering Akai Gurley. Instead, Peter Liang will serve no jail time and receive not even house arrest, but community service, for killing someone. For killing Akai Gurley. We all know that black people in the neighborhood of Fort Greene, in the neighborhood of Bed Stuy, receive more jail time for hopping a turnstile."

The late timing of the protest was intentional: protestors shouted, "Akai Gurley cannot sleep tonight, and if the family of Akai Gurley cannot sleep tonight, if those of us that have been fighting for justice for more than a year cannot sleep tonight, then Ken Thompson will not sleep tonight."

Holding a banner that said "#BYEKEN BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS," protestors beat drums and chanted, "get the ? up, Ken," "? these racist police, no justice no peace," and "killer cops, go to jail."

In the above video, a police officer can be seen telling the protestors that they need to keep it down or they will be arrested. When someone demands to know on what grounds, the officers says it would be for disturbing the peace and demonstrating without a permit.

Police said that when the group refused to stop blocking the sidewalk or be quiet, they took seven people into custody: Joel Northam, Nathaniel Chase, Araminta Jeffreys, Michael Bento, Vienna Rye, Nabil Hassein, and Jason Woody. The first six were charged with inciting a riot, unlawful assembly, and disorderly conduct. Woody, who police said grabbed an officer's arm and slammed it against the ground, was further charged with assault and injuring a police officer (the officer had a cut on his finger).

According to Twitter user Ash J, who documented the protest and arrests, 10 police officers were surrounding Woody.'

After Liang's sentencing yesterday, Thompson said that he "respectfully disagree with the judge's decision to reduce the jury's verdict and will fight to reverse it on appeal."

In a statement today about the protest outside his house, Thompson said, "these efforts to harass and intimidate my family, frighten my young children and disturb my neighbors at one in the morning will not deter me from doing what is right."

As of this afternoon, the seven arrested had not yet been arraigned or released. The DA's office said that is expected to happen late this evening. Meanwhile, activists are taking to social media to encourage others to demand that the DA drop the charges.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So they got more time in jail already for being loud outside than a killer
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why you going at Farrakhan though? He's been one of our greatest leaders for almost half a century, and your response is to ? on him? Misdirected anger...