Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited April 2016 in From the Cheap Seats
gzevt0wfylbt.jpeg

Choose One: Money Mayweather vs Sugar Ray Leonard 38 votes

Money Mayweather
63%
Dupaceljay7iethosaneed123KNiGHTSBcotton5moneycrooksent.spit_fiyaMasteryFlyFreeCtBDBIIDits....JOHN Btexasdaking88NothingButTheTruthMR.CJElzo69RenaissancesilverfoxxTrillfatemanofmorehouseMuhannad 24 votes
Sugar Ray Leonard
36%
dc's teflondond.greenKnightryderdallas' 4 evaPanchoYoSanchoCapitalBIbexpennyda1Vader_F_KennedyValentinez A. KaiserSolitary SoldierD0wn804APEX_PREDATOR 14 votes

Comments

• d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    Cmon son.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    gjidkgvns5bw.gif
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    voters should also justify their answers...
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Money Mayweather
    Money....defense defense defense
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    Ray Leonard. He's as fast as Floyd, but hits harder, he's longer, better beard, and he combination punching would look good when Floyd shells up on the ropes. Plus Leonard has a good jab, that would give Floyd fits. A sharp Leonard KOs Floyd within in 7, in my humble opinion.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Money Mayweather
    Which version are we talking? Pre-Gatti to Gatti Era Floyd is throwing bombs AND defensively ? on people, so that version versus Olympic to Early 80s Ray is going to the wire. I think Floyd takes it. No disrespect to Sugar, but he showed vulnerabilities to ? that Floyd did not.

It's the only intangible because speed, power, and footwork is a virtual wash. Ray got talked into banging with Duran the first time. Floyd has yet to be talked into ? that I've seen, and even when Zab knocked the ? out of his ? and did all that dramatic ? , Floyd calmly composed and got back to the money making of beating that ass.

Ray's aggression would undo him versus Floyd. He'd clown and Floyd would stand there until Ray forced it. Then he'd be picked apart.
    Options
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Which version are we talking? Pre-Gatti to Gatti Era Floyd is throwing bombs AND defensively ? on people, so that version versus Olympic to Early 80s Ray is going to the wire. I think Floyd takes it. No disrespect to Sugar, but he showed vulnerabilities to ? that Floyd did not.

It's the only intangible because speed, power, and footwork is a virtual wash. Ray got talked into banging with Duran the first time. Floyd has yet to be talked into ? that I've seen, and even when Zab knocked the ? out of his ? and did all that dramatic ? , Floyd calmly composed and got back to the money making of beating that ass.

Ray's aggression would undo him versus Floyd. He'd clown and Floyd would stand there until Ray forced it. Then he'd be picked apart.

Floyd never fought anyone close to being as good as Duran, and the power is not a wash. Ray Leonard had pop in his punches. There is no chance Floyd could hurt Leonard, and pre Gatti Floyd would be too small for Ray. Leonard was a natural Welterweight.
  • moneycrooksent.
    moneycrooksent. Members Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Options
    Money Mayweather
    Floyd would of figured Sugar and frustrated him with his D!!! I think Sweet Pea in his prime may have got Sugar too. But there would be no Money May or Pernell without the Great Sugar Ray Robinson.
  • moneycrooksent.
    moneycrooksent. Members Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Options
    Money Mayweather
    Sugar Ray Leonard excuse me.
  • Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Money Mayweather
    PRINCE NASEEM HAMED

The most entertaining boxer ever hands up or down, dude was a true showman.
    Options
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    I see it's a lot of cats that don't know much about Ray Leonard.
    Options
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    Floyd would of figured Sugar and frustrated him with his D!!! I think Sweet Pea in his prime may have got Sugar too. But there would be no Money May or Pernell without the Great Sugar Ray Robinson.

I'm gon nosign the bolded. I think Sweet Pea would do better against Leonard than Floyd would, but I don't believe either beats him.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Money Mayweather
    804 wrote: »
    Ray Leonard. He's as fast as Floyd, but hits harder, he's longer, better beard, and he combination punching would look good when Floyd shells up on the ropes. Plus Leonard has a good jab, that would give Floyd fits. A sharp Leonard KOs Floyd within in 7, in my humble opinion.

You don't know much about Floyd
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sugar Ray Leonard

If Demarcus Corley can hurt Floyd, trust and believe that Ray Leonard would. Zab hurt Floyd early, washed Mosley hurt him early, Ray Leonard would finish the job. And I said a sharp Leonard, bold the whole thing next time.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Money Mayweather
    The undefeated guy who made all of his peers look like amateurs.
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    Damn shame how much value y'all place in that undefeated record. Quality competition doesn't mean much to y'all.
  • d.green
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    The undefeated guy who made all of his peers look like amateurs.

Were any of them great? If so, were any in there prime?

Do any of those compare to a Duran, Hagler or Hearns?

• d.green
    Options
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    Damn shame how much value y'all place in that undefeated record. Quality competition doesn't mean much too y'all.

Exactly.
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    On some real ? , Miguel Cotto is Floyd's best win in the last 10 years.

*edit
    I'll say it's Floyd's highest quality win
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    Floyd my favorite fighter; but Ray got this one
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Money Mayweather

If Demarcus Corley can hurt Floyd, trust and believe that Ray Leonard would. Zab hurt Floyd early, washed Mosley hurt him early, Ray Leonard would finish the job. And I said a sharp Leonard, bold the whole thing next time.

And Dicky Ecklund hurt Ray and knocked him down so what's your point? If you told me Ray would pull off a masterful fight to edge out Floyd like he did Hagler fine that's believable but to knock him out in 7 because Floyd got shaken up a couple times even though he never got knocked down clean? Sorry you're the one that sounds stupid here, I know who Ray fought and his resume probably does look a little better than Floyd's but that still doesn't mean he's knocking out one of if not the greatest defensive counter puncher in the history of the sport
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sugar Ray Leonard

And Dicky Ecklund hurt Ray and knocked him down so what's your point? If you told me Ray would pull off a masterful fight to edge out Floyd like he did Hagler fine that's believable but to knock him out in 7 because Floyd got shaken up a couple times even though he never got knocked down clean? Sorry you're the one that sounds stupid here, I know who Ray fought and his resume probably does look a little better than Floyd's but that still doesn't mean he's knocking out one of if not the greatest defensive counter puncher in the history of the sport

Bruh, calm down. Ray Leonard has the power to knock Floyd out. Ray Leonard has the skill to knock Floyd out. Floyd has never fought a fighter at the talent level of Leonard. Ray Leonard beat three guys good enough to beat Floyd. Not a single fighter Floyd has ever fought would beat Leonard, not one. If you're so confident that Floyd would beat Ray, tell me how it happens then, and stop telling me how stupid I sound.

Heaven forbid I even suggest Floyd Mayweather could be knocked out. Get real dog, we're talking about a matchup between two of the greatest of all time, anything could happen, and it's boxing, you know how that ? goes. In some hypothetical Dragon ball z like realm where all these all-time great fights could take place, no fighter would come out with out a loss.
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    If you look at the history of Floyd's fights, he'll typically find his groove around the 4th round, give or take a round or too. He finishes strong, because by then he's got a good idea of what you want to do. In my eyes, if Floyd is getting stopped it's gonna be early. I say round 7 because if Ray hurts Floyd early, I don't think he let's him off the hook. I could see Ray's speed suprising Floyd, and Ray flooring him in the 1st or 2nd round, and Floyd trying to gather himself for a round or two.

The 4th to 6th round, I see it being a high level chess match after Floyd gets his ? together. Late in the 6th Ray rocks Floyd again, Floyd gets save by the bell. Floyd starts the 7th still hurting, and Ray finishes the job in the middle of the 7th. That's a highly plausible outcome.