The Official "Espn First Take , FS1 Undisputed, Sportscenter , Sports Radio, Podcasts etc" Thread.

Options

Comments

• d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    ESPN used to be the fun place to work, now it's becoming another company

Some clown at the top turned the network over to women and LGBT.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well damn....didn't see that coming...and im sure SAS was getting tired of doing it and was stretched thin anyway with other engagements

would've been interesting to see FT with him and someone other than Skip on there to debate but oh well
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, is the annoying chick Molly going back to NFL Net?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First and drama queen was such a overdramatic scripted show. It bought ratings because people feel for the trolling however and was a big part of espn click bait for online videos. It was beyond played out so i am not surprised skip is leaving.
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't imagine skip without sas or vice versa. I guess I'm going to be watching his and hers.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There been rumors about Bayless leaving. Surprised by Tirico tho.

like others said: people are cutting the cord on cable and sports is a niche business while being the most expensive cable channel. So many alternatives to watch tv.

Also, the fact ESPN and ESPN2 compete against each other for ratings makes staff expendable as well.
  • elgato
    elgato Members Posts: 216 ✭✭
    Options
    I hope they get rid of Kay Fagan. Her weirdly timed pauses are just awkward.

I think Will Cain would be a good sparring partner for Stephen A. but I could see them coming to blows. Will is full Reupublican.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    elgato wrote: »
    I hope they get rid of Kay Fagan. Her weirdly timed pauses are just awkward.

I think Will Cain would be a good sparring partner for Stephen A. but I could see them coming to blows. Will is full Reupublican.

SAS ain't wouldn't do ? . He cowers in front of white people. See how Michelle Beadle had his ass copping pleas.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    detcatinva wrote: »
    ESPN used to be the fun place to work, now it's becoming another company

Some clown at the top turned the network over to women and LGBT.

They way over the top pushing this wack ass females
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    people actually watch foxsports?

Is Charissa Thompson still there?
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    people actually watch foxsports?

I did when it first came on strictly for UFC but the rest of their shows are garbage. They try to hard to be like Sportscenter & don't do anything original. Bet money Skip & someone else will do a First Take rip off. Overall no one really ? with Fox Sports.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fox is gonna make Skip the Face of the network like Rich Eisen when he left Espn for NFL network
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Another one

Report: ESPN’s Brad Nessler to CBS, ultimately to do SEC games

If true, he's gonna replace Verne for sec football games
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/jamie-horowitz-wants-to-channel-fox-news-takes-shot-at-espn.html
    JAMIE HOROWITZ WANTS TO CHANNEL FOX NEWS

According to what Horowitz told Joe Flint of The Wall Street Journal in a piece published Wednesday, the shift away from news towards opinion will continue across FS1, not just on Fox Sports Live. Some shifts towards controversial opinions have already been made, such as last summer’s hire and promotion of former ESPN provocateur Colin Cowherd, and more are on the way; Horowitz has even talked about targeting Skip Bayless. Interestingly enough, he told Flint that FS1 will be taking a page from a controversial corporate sibling:

Fortunately for Mr. Horowitz, there is already a blueprint within 21st Century Fox for what he wants to do with Fox Sports 1 – Fox News.

“Fox News positioned itself as provocative and opinion oriented,” Mr. Horowitz said. “I believe Fox Sports 1 can take a similar tack.” Opinion costs less than news and documentaries, and is likely to stand out more in the busy sports media world, he theorizes.

…One of Mr. Horowitz’s first moves was plucking Colin Cowherd from ESPN. Mr. Cowherd, who has an everyman’s approach to sports talk and a loyal following. “The Herd” is averaging 57,000 viewers, a small number but an improvement of more than 40% in its time slot. “People seem to think Colin is a more natural fit at Fox than he was at ESPN,” Mr. Horowitz said.

Katie Nolan, a homegrown talent who has gained a following for her willingness to call out bad behavior and hypocrisy in sports, will also be featured prominently. “There is fearlessness to her and a level of insight she brings to the table,” Mr. Horowitz said.

Other outspoken personalities with shows in the works include Jason Whitlock, a former Fox Sports 1 talent who is coming back after a stint at ESPN. He often tackles controversial topics regarding race in sports. However, a recent special he hosted on Fox Sports 1 made headlines for a different reason when New England Patriots star Rob Gronkowski gave a lap dance to anchor Julie Stewart-Binks.

Regarding the tendency of some of his talent to make the wrong kind of news, Mr. Horowitz said, “as long as people are trying to do incisive programming, we’re supportive and helpful with them.”

So, it looks like FS1’s strategy will be continuing to embrace debate and stir the ? , whether that’s on The Herd, the forthcoming Whitlock show or anything else. Being controversial and provocative certainly has done pretty well for Fox News, so it’s not surprising that FS1’s going that way, especially with First Take veteran Horowitz at the helm. We’ll see how much success it brings them, and if Horowitz’s shots at ESPN will prove prescient or poorly-timed.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    Another one

I like Brad but I ? with Verne too. He retiring or something?
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    Another one

I like Brad but I ? with Verne too. He retiring or something?

Probably. He's 76
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    Cha ching

thats what im saying.. If ESPN was offering him 4 mil annually and he shot that down.. FOX must be on some name your price ? .. i aint even mad at him .. keep getting dem checks...

but to be real First take lost its appeal for some time now. Was a time few years ago were FT was the must watch, but past couple years its feel off...

Everyone thinks that cuz everyone either hates or loves skip bayless. But it's not the case. FT made so much money for the network. Low production cost and alot of time slots for commercials to air equals crazy revenue