Ones Gotta Go: All Around Player

Options
_God_
_God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in From the Cheap Seats
Things to factor: stats, teammates , position, opponents, impact on teammates, performance on both ends of floor amongst other things. rings are not a factor.

Ones Gotta Go: All Around Player 50 votes

Lebron James
12%
the_focused_oneBilly_PonchoKamPushMePiffyHazeSolitary SoldierNegro_Caesar 6 votes
Larry Bird
20%
damnkpd.greenbless the childNothingButTheTruthKing_MeCashmoneyDuxmanofmorehouseMARIO_DROPeace_79mrtdb 10 votes
Dwayne Wade
28%
S2Janeed123the_focused_oneKnightryderCymicaldaneIbexits....JOHN Btexasdaking88Chi-Town BullyDaBullSheerExcellenceLouis DevinearBangEm_Bart Intelligent_Hoodlum 14 votes
Scottie Pippen
32%
infamous114Mdizzle9000JusDre313af.r.i.c.a.CoolJoelamontbdcnujerz84Tommy bilfigerShizlanskyBlackAX410BetaBreezy_KilroyfightforolddcInglewood_B#1hiphopjunki35 Grand 16 votes
Oscar Robertonson
8%
wilberdmillz_God_blu197Trillfate 4 votes

Comments

• _God_
    Options
    Oscar Robertonson
    I love the big o but I'm eliminating him based off athletics, bird wasn't athletic but his height mixed his range and tenacity gives bird the edge
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dwayne Wade
    Dwade
  • _God_
    Options
    Oscar Robertonson
    O.G. wrote: »
    So you just gonna butcher the Big O's name like that? Robertonson? Really?

Golden state did that
  • _God_
    Options
    Oscar Robertonson
    Dwade

Why
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    Lebron

That ? is overrated as ?
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Larry Bird
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Lebron

That ? is overrated as ?

@KamPushMe

Please explain ... In detail

popcorn-blank.gif

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scottie Pippen
    Out of all the choices, Scottie Pippen wasn't even the best player on his team.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Larry Bird
    LeBron will body all of them, but once you said rings were not a factor, Bird was out.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scottie Pippen
    pippin not leading a team like the rest of the list...
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dwayne Wade
    ? scrolling on my phone and somehow input a vote for LeBron. I would have eliminated Wade.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scottie Pippen
    I dont understand why LBJ and Bird has any votes.
  • the_focused_one
    Options
    Dwayne Wade
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Like I said in my previous post, mine was a mistake while scrolling on the mobile. Maybe a couple of others did the same thing.

If not, it just proves the ignorance in the youth on this board lol. Why The Big O has any votes is beyond me. Wade is clearly the weak link here.
  • _God_
    Options
    Oscar Robertonson

Like I said in my previous post, mine was a mistake while scrolling on the mobile. Maybe a couple of others did the same thing.

If not, it just proves the ignorance in the youth on this board lol. Why The Big O has any votes is beyond me. Wade is clearly the weak link here.

Big o lacks the athleticism
  • _God_
    Options
    Oscar Robertonson
    How Scottie pippen has 8 votes shows how some ppl on here do not know about basketball
  • the_focused_one
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Dwayne Wade
    _? _ wrote: »
    How Scottie pippen has 8 votes shows how some ppl on here do not know about basketball

Scottie is forever Robin to those that don't know. His game was amazing and he gets no credit unless it's to compliment Michael.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scottie Pippen

Explain how pippen is better than wade

Wade is a better scorer,more clutch,better handle,better post game than pippen.They both sub par shooters and pippen is better defensively(slightly)
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lebron James
    Voted wrong, thought it was who I thought was the best one. Pippen is def the worst one though
  • the_focused_one
    Options
    Dwayne Wade

Voted wrong, thought it was who I thought was the best one. Pippen is def the worst one though

See. This is how LeBron and Bird got votes. LMAO.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scottie Pippen
    Pippen gotta go
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Its a tough call. Lebron's better than Wade in almost every phase, so he's not going anywhere. Bird, unlike Lebron, wasnt a great athlete. But like Lebron, Bird could dominate the game in all phases, so he's safe. The Big O is the only name on this list who never made an All-Defensive team, but they didnt exist til his 9th season and he averaged a 30 point triple double his first 5 in years in the (albeit watered down) league, so he's good. Sc

It comes down to Scottie and D-Wade. Pippen's one of the greatest wing defenders ever and was a good scorer and passer. Wade was a more explose/efficient scorer than Pippen ever was and is/was a good defender, but not a "lockdown" defender like Pippen. Wade's played 13 seasons, so if you compare it to Scottie's first 13, their numbers are pretty similar except for Scottie averaging almost 2 rebounds more per game and Wade averaging more than 6 points per game. Offensive is more valuable than defense, so I give Wade the edge because of his scoring and the fact that with the exception of the 4 years he played with Lebron, he was the best player on his team which meant his teammates had to rely on him whereas Scottie was only in that situation for less than 2 years in his entire career.

Pippen's gotta go.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Oscar Robertonson

Wade is a better scorer,more clutch,better handle,better post game than pippen.They both sub par shooters and pippen is better defensively(slightly)

Scottie is a better playmaker, rebounder, defender, athlete and passer.. Scottie can play more positions and defend more positions. Scoring 25+ppg was somethin Scottie never was asked/had to do. All Around he's better than Wade...
  • _God_
    Options
    Oscar Robertonson
    Its a tough call. Lebron's better than Wade in almost every phase, so he's not going anywhere. Bird, unlike Lebron, wasnt a great athlete. But like Lebron, Bird could dominate the game in all phases, so he's safe. The Big O is the only name on this list who never made an All-Defensive team, but they didnt exist til his 9th season and he averaged a 30 point triple double his first 5 in years in the (albeit watered down) league, so he's good. Sc

It comes down to Scottie and D-Wade. Pippen's one of the greatest wing defenders ever and was a good scorer and passer. Wade was a more explose/efficient scorer than Pippen ever was and is/was a good defender, but not a "lockdown" defender like Pippen. Wade's played 13 seasons, so if you compare it to Scottie's first 13, their numbers are pretty similar except for Scottie averaging almost 2 rebounds more per game and Wade averaging more than 6 points per game. Offensive is more valuable than defense, so I give Wade the edge because of his scoring and the fact that with the exception of the 4 years he played with Lebron, he was the best player on his team which meant his teammates had to rely on him whereas Scottie was only in that situation for less than 2 years in his entire career.

Pippen's gotta go.

I was bout to goat it until u said wade was the best on the team the 4 yrs in Miami, major fallacy in your argument
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »

Scottie is a better playmaker, rebounder, defender, athlete and passer.. Scottie can play more positions and defend more positions. Scoring 25+ppg was somethin Scottie never was asked/had to do. All Around he's better than Wade...
    Scottie cant get a pass for that. Scottie deserves far more respect than he gets from most, but you cant ignore the fact that for most of Wade's career he was asked to carry his team offensively and did. Scottie was the best player on his team for almost 2 years (til Jordan came back) and was putting up just under 22 PPG during that span. Those are very good, but not elite numbers for being the leading scorer on your team. Either he wasnt capable or wasnt asked to be a dominant scorer, but the fact is he never did it and Wade did.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oscar Robertonson
    blu197 wrote: »

Scottie cant get a pass for that. Scottie deserves far more respect than he gets from most, but you cant ignore the fact that for most of Wade's career he was asked to carry his team offensively and did. Scottie was the best player on his team for almost 2 years (til Jordan came back) and was putting up just under 22 PPG during that span. Those are very good, but not elite numbers for being the leading scorer on your team. Either he wasnt capable or wasnt asked to be a dominant scorer, but the fact is he never did it and Wade did.

Being a better All Around scorer =/= being a better All Around player, just a fact