The devil loves you

Options

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    ^^^ we've been through this @kingblaze84 .... that's man's handiwork, not gods.

And what exactly is this "? " (which ? ?) doing about it? Humans have polluted and screwed up the world in many ways, true, but what exactly is this ? doing about the natural parasites and other horrors of the world? Is this ? really that lazy, or just a giant ? ? After all these years, let's be honest, humans aren't going to improve by much.
    Humanity has to hit rock bottom first.

How far to the bottom does humanity have to hit lol?? Many people are doing fine of course but BILLIONS of people are living horrible, awful lives, often from natural causes. And humans aren't going to be any less greedy or reckless with how they treat the environment and other people, wars will continue to rage and landfills are only going to get more overcrowded. Some places have already hit rock bottom, and yet the misery in some places continues.

my theory is the moment one human feels like they can actually rival ? ...(and has the potential (through technology) will he appear again..

honestly if you read both testaments you see in the old testament that ? had limitations and had more "human" emotions. Its the new testament where ? is perceived as this "perfect" being..

either way the bible is different accounts of how those particular people experienced his presents and how they perceived him. Honestly there is no "wrong or right way" believe in him..

That's evolution of a deity.

which is ironic because the bible teaches against that..
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

And what exactly is this "? " (which ? ?) doing about it? Humans have polluted and screwed up the world in many ways, true, but what exactly is this ? doing about the natural parasites and other horrors of the world? Is this ? really that lazy, or just a giant ? ? After all these years, let's be honest, humans aren't going to improve by much.

How far to the bottom does humanity have to hit lol?? Many people are doing fine of course but BILLIONS of people are living horrible, awful lives, often from natural causes. And humans aren't going to be any less greedy or reckless with how they treat the environment and other people, wars will continue to rage and landfills are only going to get more overcrowded. Some places have already hit rock bottom, and yet the misery in some places continues.

my theory is the moment one human feels like they can actually rival ? ...(and has the potential (through technology) will he appear again..

honestly if you read both testaments you see in the old testament that ? had limitations and had more "human" emotions. Its the new testament where ? is perceived as this "perfect" being..

either way the bible is different accounts of how those particular people experienced his presents and how they perceived him. Honestly there is no "wrong or right way" believe in him..

That's evolution of a deity.

which is ironic because the bible teaches against that..

Because humans wrote the bible, even if they did have an encounter with a higher power, that doesn't negate what we can see in the biology and DNA. There is a lot of things that we know in modern times through trial and error and observation and testing. Then producing a product that gives real results.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    take away titles and describe each entity as a human, ppl will say that the one w Gods description is the evil person and the devil is good

titles play the part here, nothing else

YOU THINK THATS ALL IT IS?

IF THE DEVIL IS KNOWN TO LIE AND DECIEVE, WOULDNT HE ALSO DO THAT WITH HIS APPEARANCE/WHOLE BEING AND SAID PURPOSE?

Jesus lied about coming quickly (2,000 years later, no appearances lol), and the Bible ? in the OT admits to sending lying and deceiving spirits several times. What's your point?
    STOP BEING SIMPLE BRUH... ? /JESUS ISNT ON A 24 HOUR CLOCK... WHAT IS 2000 YEARS TO SOMEONE THAT HAS EXSISTED OUTSIDE OF TIME..?
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    Satan lied to the angels in heaven to get them to go against ? . He is the father of lies and deception..He also lied to Eve, in the Garden of Eden. After planting seeds of doubt in Eve’s mind with a question (Genesis 3:1), he directly contradicts ? ’s Word by telling her, “You will not certainly die” (Genesis 3:4). With that lie, Satan led Eve to her death; Adam followed, and so have we all.

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

That's an interesting theory but it seems weird that it didn't come back during the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade or during the Holocaust. Was Jesus or whoever too busy being preoccupied with something during those events? The Bible makes the Abrahamic ? seem quite powerful but real life makes it seem hollow and weak. I'm not against believing in a higher power but the Bible ? seems like a giant fraud talking that rah-rah ? yet being so absent during those events.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    take away titles and describe each entity as a human, ppl will say that the one w Gods description is the evil person and the devil is good

titles play the part here, nothing else

YOU THINK THATS ALL IT IS?

IF THE DEVIL IS KNOWN TO LIE AND DECIEVE, WOULDNT HE ALSO DO THAT WITH HIS APPEARANCE/WHOLE BEING AND SAID PURPOSE?

Jesus lied about coming quickly (2,000 years later, no appearances lol), and the Bible ? in the OT admits to sending lying and deceiving spirits several times. What's your point?
    STOP BEING SIMPLE BRUH... ? /JESUS ISNT ON A 24 HOUR CLOCK... WHAT IS 2000 YEARS TO SOMEONE THAT HAS EXSISTED OUTSIDE OF TIME..?

That's a terrible excuse, so 2,000 plus years isn't a long time now? No wonder 70% of the world isn't Christian.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Satan lied to the angels in heaven to get them to go against ? . He is the father of lies and deception..He also lied to Eve, in the Garden of Eden. After planting seeds of doubt in Eve’s mind with a question (Genesis 3:1), he directly contradicts ? ’s Word by telling her, “You will not certainly die” (Genesis 3:4). With that lie, Satan led Eve to her death; Adam followed, and so have we all.

Copy and pasted..

but elaborate on the lie to the Angels..

As for "lying" to Eve, technically he didn't..
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You always type in all caps. This post isn't in all caps. Does this mean you got your answer from someone else? Why couldn't you answer for yourself?
  • soul rattler
    Options
    If the soul is eternal, then it logically follows that man will not surely die. So, nope. No lie told there.

The third of Heaven that rebelled, what lie was told exactly? This time, type the answer yourself.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes they surely died. Before they were aware there was no death, only life. We had awareness like that of animals, and all they know is life. They aren't aware "one day" they will die, they don't contemplate their life or death. After the 'eating of the fruit' adam and eve became aware of their ultimate demise.

I didn't get to this understanding by argument with someone, debate or general conversation. Imo it is something that needs to be pondered to understand.
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IMO an idea, no matter how much you believe it, it can not love or hate "that's just us needing to have something we can describe/define good and evil to so we can lead orderly lives within the original cultures that defined them". Of course, religion and culture spreads and conflicts because we look at words and their "power" rather than how these different languages and cultures define the ideas of good, bad, ? , the "devil", evil, chaos or any other words that conflict with ideology and practice.

If you need the devil to love you he does, I am a Christian and follow Christ and his teaching. However, I can not take the bible verbatim and that is between myself, ? and Christ to judge me on that, not your's or even mine.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Adam and Eve were always going to "die" they just had no knowledge of what life and death was?

so did ? lie?

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adam and Eve were always going to "die" they just had no knowledge of what life and death was?

so did ? lie?

no
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

so did ? lie?
    View the story as the evolution of consciousness in man. It becomes apparent there was no other way things could have gone.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The Devil is a ? lie....

The only devil from which men must be redeemed is self, the lower self. If man would find his devil he must look within; his name is self.

• MARIO_DRO
    Options

Copy and pasted..

You always type in all caps. This post isn't in all caps. Does this mean you got your answer from someone else? Why couldn't you answer for yourself?

..ITS COPIED AND PASTED CAUSE ITS WORDED BETTER THAN WHAT HOW I WAS GONNA PUT IT
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    If the devil loves me so much why don't he send some Hoes my way. I want some big ? ? for my next birthday
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    If the devil loves me so much why don't he send some Hoes my way. I want some big ? ? for my next birthday

Yeah? What you got to offer the devil back?
  • Splackavelli
    Options

uhh.....my ps4 my, comic book collection, my weightset, my ball and jacks he cant have my soul though.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

uhh.....my ps4 my, comic book collection, my weightset, my ball and jacks he cant have my soul though.

Who plays games in hell anyway...
  • Splackavelli
    Options

Who plays games in hell anyway...

I'm pretty sure Satan plays saints row v gat out of hell.
  • VIBE
    Options

Copy and pasted..

..ITS COPIED AND PASTED CAUSE ITS WORDED BETTER THAN WHAT HOW I WAS GONNA PUT IT

Explain..

What lie did he tell the Angels and what lie did he tell Eve
  • VIBE
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

so did ? lie?

no

He just withheld info?
  • soul rattler
    Options

They are available for you, my child. Look to the King of Diamonds who dwells in Magic City.

Bring singles.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

so did ? lie?

no

He just withheld info?

? said they'd surely die. When they became aware of their demise they lost their life that day. 'Life' from that point on was death, a slow progressive death. The devil told the truth too, but as the devil does the truth is 'warped', it was played off as tho they wouldn't drop dead right there. And they didn't. It is not the fault of ? or the devil that man lacked understanding.