DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited May 2016 in From the Cheap Seats
jsu8x219at9j.jpeg
Edit: Shaq Prime I meant 00-03

Better Center In Their PRIME: Shaquille O'Neal vs Hakeem Olajuwan 84 votes

Shaq Diesel 01-03
46%
Dupac[Deleted User]davidbrooksethoswhite715S2Jbigduece69KNiGHTSaf.r.i.c.a.bless the childdallas' 4 evaspit_fiyaDoUwant2go2HeavenSo ILLCapitalBCoolJoenujerz84caddo manBDBIIDtexasdaking88 39 votes
Hakeem the Dream 93-95
53%
blackrainsouthsil4lilkillapplaymaker88damnkpFocal Pointtoheeb27aneed123themadlionsfandnyce215king hassancoltonKnightryderMoore7svicvallinCutler 26 INT's LOL!PanchoYoSanchoDOPEdweebzlamontbdcyroholla 45 votes

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Hakeem the Dream 93-95
    Seen both in their prime, Hakeem was more skilled blocking, and passing, Shaq was more physical scoring and getting his own rebounds. I think this will basically come down to preference, and who you seen more of.

Hell Hakeem and Shaqs primes might have been earlier to some people before they got the right team to win championships with.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shaq Diesel 01-03
    Shaq's prime started way before that, he was entering his prime when was still with the Magic.
  • So ILL
    Options
    Shaq Diesel 01-03
    But I'd say Shaq just because he was more physically dominant. You couldn't do nothing with that ? unless he was at the free throw line lol.
  • So ILL
    Options
    Shaq Diesel 01-03
    HafBayked wrote: »
    I hated Shaq in his prime.....thats the only leverage I got for my vote lol....both greats tho

What did Shaq do to you, bruh? Your favorite player was Rik Smits or something? Lol.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hakeem the Dream 93-95
    just the team he was on I guess....he woulda been the man if he was on one of my teams

it was always ? the Lakers growing up

Orlando was dope tho....I had the Penny jersey, and my sister had Shaq
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shaq Diesel 01-03
    People forget how great this ? footwork, passing, and shot blocking was. Shaq was unfuckwittable in his prime. Hakeem got him that one series when Shaq was still learning the ropes in the league. But 01-03?? If you were unlucky enough to be in his way when he was banging back boards, u could've gotten a rib broke. Real ? . That's why I personally have an issue with Kobe being compared to MJ. Those first three chips, Shaq was the best player in the league
  • So ILL
    Options
    Shaq Diesel 01-03
    But you pick Olajuwon, the same Olajuwon that swept the Magic in the Finals? Come on, bruh lol. Who's your team, fam?
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hakeem the Dream 93-95
    So ILL wrote: »
    But you pick Olajuwon, the same Olajuwon that swept the Magic in the Finals? Come on, bruh lol. Who's your team, fam?

i was little as hell man...but I was saying I liked Shaq over there but never w/ the lakers....neither were MY teams tho

I always ran w/ SA and Boston.....I had Phoenix jersey too (Kidd)......a Hornets windbreaker lol......the youngin was all over the place in the 90's

fast forward to Shaq's Lakers days I was older and knew who I liked and didnt like and had to choose sides.....im an underdog man so that automatically made me hate the Shaq and Kobe ruckus....i wanted anybody to beat them lol

same for football which i dont even follow like that......I dont have a set team im running with all year.....but im good any time the Pats lose lol
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hakeem the Dream 93-95
    Apples and Oranges in terms of style. Orlando Shaq was more comparable to Hakeem in terms of his footwork, agility and overall athleticism, but LA Shaq more brute force overpowering everybody in his path. Shaq was the more reliable scorer in terms of getting easy buckets, but I give Hakeem the edge cause of his superior defense and reliability at the FT line.
  • So ILL
    Options
    Shaq Diesel 01-03
    HafBayked wrote: »
    So ILL wrote: »

i was little as hell man...but I was saying I liked Shaq over there but never w/ the lakers....neither were MY teams tho

I always ran w/ SA and Boston.....I had Phoenix jersey too (Kidd)......a Hornets windbreaker lol......the youngin was all over the place in the 90's

fast forward to Shaq's Lakers days I was older and knew who I liked and didnt like and had to choose sides.....im an underdog man so that automatically made me hate the Shaq and Kobe ruckus....i wanted anybody to beat them lol

same for football which i dont even follow like that......I dont have a set team im running with all year.....but im good any time the Pats lose lol

Respect, especially at the bold.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Shaq Diesel 01-03
    2000-2001 Shaq would destroy Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem and anyone else in their prime head to head. Even Tim Duncan and David Robinson together didn't know what to do with him
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    2000-2001 Shaq would destroy Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem and anyone else in their prime head to head. Even Tim Duncan and David Robinson together didn't know what to do with him

Spurs swept the Lakers in 1999 and Duncan was injured in 2000, it wasn't until Kobe became Kobe for them to get by the Spurs in the playoffs, Spurs had nobody that could guard Kobe but Duncan/Old Robinson usually contained Shaq to an extent
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    Shaq Diesel 01-03
    blu197 wrote: »

Spurs swept the Lakers in 1999 and Duncan was injured in 2000, it wasn't until Kobe became Kobe for them to get by the Spurs in the playoffs, Spurs had nobody that could guard Kobe but Duncan/Old Robinson usually contained Shaq to an extent

Tell me more about the team I grew up rooting for in the city I live in and the players I idolized growing up.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hakeem the Dream 93-95

Tell me more about the team I grew up rooting for in the city I live in and the players I idolized growing up.

That doesn't help your biased ass opinion
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    Shaq Diesel 01-03

Insightful ? bro... What gave it away?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Hakeem the Dream 93-95

Your vote don't count breh
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hakeem the Dream 93-95
    I like the skills that the dream had.. Shaq use to offensive foul with those elbows
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    Shaq Diesel 01-03

Your vote don't count breh

Oh, no? Erase it then... Go 'head I'll wait lol
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Hakeem the Dream 93-95
    6-5 Keem
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hakeem the Dream 93-95
    Apples and Oranges in terms of style. Orlando Shaq was more comparable to Hakeem in terms of his footwork, agility and overall athleticism, but LA Shaq more brute force overpowering everybody in his path. Shaq was the more reliable scorer in terms of getting easy buckets, but I give Hakeem the edge cause of his superior defense and reliability at the FT line.

Couldn't have said it better!

Not to slight Shaq either because he was a monster but I'm taking Olajuwon
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hakeem the Dream 93-95
    Tough but i always felt Hakeem was betterover all .. toss up really though
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hakeem the Dream 93-95
    The Dream had a gang of moves and he had a nice 12-15 foot jumper
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shaq Diesel 01-03
    cant go wrong wit either pick..
    but Shaq in his prime was nothin to ? wit..

PERIOD!!
    when Hakeem got him Shaq was still learnin..
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shaq Diesel 01-03
    cant go wrong wit either pick..
    but Shaq in his prime was nothin to ? wit..

PERIOD!!
    when Hakeem got him Shaq was still learnin..

He still gave Dream that work.