The Official NBA Lotto/Draft Thread

Options

Comments

• ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ingram can also defend too, especially out on the perimeter, and is a better defender than Simmons, he has the potential to be a 2-way player, he just needs to get stronger so he can defend in the low post better against stronger players, that was his weakness at Duke when he was forced to play the 4 when Jefferson got hurt
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ben simmons actually held down the #1 pick position firmly all year long and i dont remember that happening as often

only

blake
    wall
    oden
    bron

and i think bogut have firmly held down the number 1 spot all year long since like 2000

now simmons
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers can't agree to a potential trade involving Boston's No. 3 pick, the New Orleans Pelicans could be an alternative trade option for Philadelphia. If New Orleans negotiates with Philadelphia in the hours leading up to Thursday night's NBA draft, it reportedly won't be the first time the two teams have talked. On Wednesday, Joe Giglio's NBA draft rumors column led with the headline: "Pelicans, Sixers talked Jahlil Okafor, Nerlens Noel trades."

Rumor CentralAccording to Chad Ford, the 76ers are ramping up efforts to aquire the Celtics' No. 3 pick. However, Chris Forsberg believes the Celtics will be content to wait and see how desperate teams get as pick No. 3 approaches. Perhaps, this could open the door for a trade with the Pelicans as the clock ticks this evening. The possibility also exists of the Celtics keeping the pick, selecting Providence guard Kris Dunn, and then trading him. Philadelphia reporter Jake Fischer tweets that the Pelicans are one of three teams enamored with Dunn, per sources. "If Boston picks him at No. 3, expect a trade to follow," Fischer wrote on Twitter.

In his Mock Draft 10.1, Ford points out that GM Dell Demps "is under fire" and his goal is to get the Pelicans to the playoffs next season. The No. 6 pick in the draft likely won't help New Orleans win next season, notes Ford, but a more experienced player via a trade could finally get the Pelicans out of the draft lottery this time next year. Could Okafor or Noel provide the boost needed for New Orleans to make the playoffs?

If the Pelicans keep their No. 6 pick, they'll want a player who can make an immediate impact, notes John Reid of NOLA.com. Oklahoma senior Buddy Hield, a man among boys in the youth-filled draft, would certainly fit the bill. Ford projects Hield to go at No. 6 in Mock Draft 10.1, but also names Dunn and Dragan ? as possibilities.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Almost that time
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MAN ? IM SCARED
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Top 5 final mock

Philly Simmons
    LA Ingram
    Whoever Boston trades to Dunn
    Suns Chriss
    Wolves Hield

• its....JOHN B
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Top 5 final mock

Philly Simmons
    LA Ingram
    Whoever Boston trades to Dunn
    Suns Chriss
    Wolves Hield

I read Thibs likes Hield too don't know if it was legit
  • silverfoxx
    Options
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Bucks got some ? with that Thon.....him, giannis & Jabari?? ? can get ugly
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn i thought this thread would be flooded with commentary

oh well

pels got Buddy. Im good
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

oh well

pels got Buddy. Im good

You know anything positive about the Pelicans won't go stated on IC lmao but I'm happy af man. I just wanted one of the three guards and keep the pick. We actually did and got Buddy ? Heild, best scorer and college player in the draft.

People may ? on his defense, but dude scored abeyterbetter vertical then Klay Thompson, has a 6'10 wingspan, and is a hard worker. He can still become a good defender. Also I like others were high on Dunn, but Buddy brings leadership, scoring, and most importantly a fanbase which our team needs for a identity.

Lastly Chiek Diallo has alot of potential but will be a huge project. Dude is the ideal big to play with AD though. Check out his mini documentary. Dude is a hard worker energy guy.

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

oh well

pels got Buddy. Im good

You know anything positive about the Pelicans won't go stated on IC lmao but I'm happy af man. I just wanted one of the three guards and keep the pick. We actually did and got Buddy ? Heild, best scorer and college player in the draft.

People may ? on his defense, but dude scored abeyterbetter vertical then Klay Thompson, has a 6'10 wingspan, and is a hard worker. He can still become a good defender. Also I like others were high on Dunn, but Buddy brings leadership, scoring, and most importantly a fanbase which our team needs for a identity.

Lastly Chiek Diallo has alot of potential but will be a huge project. Dude is the ideal big to play with AD though. Check out his mini documentary. Dude is a hard worker energy guy.

the thing is, well at least to me, unless he giving you a james harden type effort, you can mask a few of his inefficiencies by playing sound rotation defense. I dont think he will be asked to guard in a bunch of iso situations but i mean, if he can play good weak side defense, pnr defense, to me, thats already better than whats currently on the roster
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the pelicans had a good draft picking hield & diallo The pelicans should sign etwaun moore I think he'd be a real good look for them combo guard,who can play defense and a solid shooter.

The bulls gonna suck next year I'm hoping they suck bad enough to get Josh Jackson him and jimmy(if he's not traded)) on the wing would be a scary sight duke is much more advanced offensively than wiggins he got handle and range and I read he's hands down the best 2 way player in the '17 draft
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited June 2016
    Options

oh well

pels got Buddy. Im good

People may ? on his defense, but dude scored a better vertical then Klay Thompson, has a 6'10 wingspan, and is a hard worker. He can still become a good defender. Also I like others were high on Dunn, but Buddy brings leadership, scoring, and most importantly a fanbase which our team needs for a identity.

That's really not much to brag about cause I'm sure anybody that watches the NBA should know by now that Klay isn't a great athlete, he's just tall, strong, and has enough lateral quickness and length to stay in front of some of the better ball-handlers in the Association
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Next year draft is good
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Next year draft is good

Their best player had two ACL injuries. I'm not buying the hype yet man.

Btw what happened to Taco Fall?
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Next year draft is good

Josh Jackson the best one, not Giles imo
  • its....JOHN B
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Apparently Ainge is having a hard time making trades because teams are worried about being the next to get fleeced by him, first Minny, then Brooklyn and Dallas, add the rising cap it's just not a good time for him to do work, I'm hoping the Kings and Nets both have trash records going into the deadline and we can move that pick for Boogie but even then what else will the Kings be asking? Here's what the stupid media and idiot fans don't understand when they get upset at Ainge for not making deals, you don't basically create Sacramento like situation here just to land Boogie, the plan is to get him here with as much of the core that you have now
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I'm going to keep my eye on Ivan Rabb though, would like to address the front court if we do keep the pick next year, was teammates with Jaylen at Cal his scoring numbers should sky rocket this year, already a good rebounder and defender
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harry Gyles looks hella basic to me. Dennis Smith, if healthy, is the 1. A throwback to that AI, Francis, Marbury type young protege flashy quick elite scoring HS PG.

Never listen to scouts. See Cliff Alexander. On 1st look he looked like an undersized pf to me and thats exactly what he turned out to be
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Next year draft is good

Josh Jackson the best one, not Giles imo

Tatum>>>>
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    i can't even lie, I was fronting on Buddy's ball-handling ability all year and labeling him just a 3 point shooter, but the more footage i watch of him and the James Harden type dribble moves he was pulling off in-game to create space for his shot combined with his work ethic to always continue to get better, has me really starting to think that maybe he and AD can really form the 1-2 punch that we need to be successful in the Western Conference
  • silverfoxx
    edited June 2016
    Options
    i can't even lie, I was fronting on Buddy's ball-handling ability all year and labeling him just a 3 point shooter, but the more footage i watch of him and the James Harden type dribble moves he was pulling off in-game to create space for his shot combined with his work ethic to always continue to get better, has me really starting to think that maybe he and AD can really form the 1-2 punch that we need to be successful in the Western Conference

eating-crow.jpg

Buddy was forced out the Pelicans gym recently, Trainers were begging him to stop practicing so much. We may got something in Nola. I ain't gonna jump to conclusions, but watch this:
    https://youtu.be/VeC7a92gEdg
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Just the dedication and commitment he has to improving on his craft, I never got that feeling from Eric Gordon or Austin Rivers, Eric comes across as being entitled and complacent while Austin was just flat out arrogant
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Just the dedication and commitment he has to improving on his craft, I never got that feeling from Eric Gordon or Austin Rivers, Eric comes across as being entitled and complacent while Austin was just flat out arrogant

Tbf Rivers was a gym rat, but he ALWAYS had a broken jumper.