Conor Leslie as Sarah Ellis
Stephan James as Treston Perry
Tristan Wilds as Officer Belk (Beck)
Clare-Hope Ashitey as Kerry Beck, officer Beck's wife
Aisha Hinds as Pastor Janae James

Comments

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I saw what the Michael from the Wire turned 50 says at the 1:27 mark....

Black folks gonna tune in like..
    tumblr_inline_n1bqjqzDFv1qlvgiq.gif

If only to check the white outrage the follows...
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Will not watch and basically disgusted, this is why:

I'm assuming this show was written, created and produced by white writers who blindly jumped the gun in saying that the continuing prejudice and violence of white officers on minorities will produce hateful black ppl that will in turn manipulate the judicial system which is impossible because the system won't allow it for ppl of our shade. This is completely inaccurate, racist and false because it stereotypes us as being racist towards racist ppl. The actors they chose are simply just in it for the money despite the ? logic behind it.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I see what they tryin to do but
    tvvll1qn4y0e.gif
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That "? these crackers" line tho. Smh.

? feels like race baiting.

Police shooting , BLM, ? cops etc etc. Its all in the news now. Feels like they are jus trying to strike while iron is hot.

But i might watch the 1st ep to see its really as bad as i think it is.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm assuming this show was written, created and produced by white writers who blindly jumped the gun in saying that the continuing prejudice and violence of white officers on minorities will produce hateful black ppl that will in turn manipulate the judicial system which is impossible because the system won't allow it for ppl of our shade. This is completely inaccurate, racist and false because it stereotypes us as being racist towards racist ppl. The actors they chose are simply just in it for the money despite the ? logic behind it.

Short of it being made by Tyler Perry, I'll support to see if it's worth a damn. Especially with a E.P. like Grazer on board which movies/tv shows include:

Arrested Development
    Friday Night Lights
    American Gangster
    The Da Vinci Code
    Inside Man
    Cinderella Man
    8 Mile
    A Beautiful Mind
    Boomerang
    The Nutty Professor
    Liar Liar
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    I see what they're trying to do. Flip the script to get a reaction. Real "clever"
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator

I'm assuming this show was written, created and produced by white writers

Wrong. It was created and written by gina and reggie bythewood, black filmmakers who are married. Gina wrote and directed love and basketball and reggie wrote and directed on a bunch of black sitcoms back in the day.

That's the only reason ima hold off on the initial skepticism cuz they both go out of their way to create things about black ppl just being regular folk with stories....but i agree this premise is sus. I'm expecting the worst, hoping for the best.
    It's fox tho so......the potential of fuckery is high because of that alone.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ? tryin to be like abc american crime
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF is this fake-ass false-equivalence opposite world ? ?
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm assuming this show was written, created and produced by white writers

Wrong. It was created and written by gina and reggie bythewood, black filmmakers who are married. Gina wrote and directed love and basketball and reggie wrote and directed on a bunch of black sitcoms back in the day.

That's the only reason ima hold off on the initial skepticism cuz they both go out of their way to create things about black ppl just being regular folk with stories....but i agree this premise is sus. I'm expecting the worst, hoping for the best.
    It's fox tho so......the potential of fuckery is high because of that alone.

Oh ok. I just hate race bait movies. Racism is disgusting.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the trailer I don't see how it's a race bait movie.

It seems pretty accurate to me...white cops get away with murdering black kids daily, yet if the roles were reversed, a government enquiry would take place.

Whether a black cop is depicted as racist is irrelevant. Black people cant be racist. They can spew hatefull views, from being oppressed, not because of racist views towards whites.

I'll watch to see what they do with it.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    white folks gonna be all over this ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it's going to try and play both sides in teaching "lessons." It will attempt to get white people to understand how it feels to be on the end where they are unfairly victimized. It will attempt to get black people to understand that we could very easily do the same bad ? if we got a little power.

Yeah, it is suspect.
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Mike from the Wire is a Chris Dorner-esque character? Some of the premise of the trailer reminds me of the movie White Mans Burden...