Video: Detroit ? cop manhandles a 15 yo black teen after she try's to pull out her cell phone...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjDdQcFvwPI
Security Video Shows Alleged ‘Police Brutality’ Against Female Student Inside Detroit’s Cass Tech

DETROIT (WWJ) – A security video filmed in the halls of Detroit’s largest high school is causing shock among the community — it shows an apparent case of what some are calling “police brutality” against a 15-year-old female student.

The incident took place last winter, just before 8:30 a.m. on Dec. 9 at Cass Tech High School, according to markers on the video.

What initially caused a police response wasn’t immediately clear, but the five minute-long video starts with a Detroit Public Schools police officer marching behind the student and pushing her into a corner in a hallway outside the school’s book store, which is located on the upper floor.

After standing there for a moment, the two start to walk away with the officer’s hand firmly on the student’s backpack. When the student takes out her cell phone, the officer apparently becomes enraged and slaps the phone out of her hands. He then swings the student to the side by her backpack while he picks up the phone. When the student tries to walk away, the officer goes after her and grabs her backpack. He again pushes her into the corner but this time, he does it with such force that the student’s head appears to hit the wall. She then falls to the floor and cowers in the corner, refusing the officer’s orders to get up.

Moments later another male officer appears along with a female officer and female administrator. The next few minutes are relatively uneventful. Conversations are taking place and a phone call is made, but the video does not include audio.

Eventually, the officer again attempts to get the student on her feet by pulling on her arms. When the student continues to resist, the officer reaches to his waist and grabs something not visible on the video but what has been described as pepper spray. The student pulls her jacket up around her face, purportedly to block her eyes from the irritant. The officer grabs the student’s arms as the female guard also steps in. What happens next isn’t exactly clear because the officers are blocking the student from the camera.

The struggle between the student and the two officers goes on for about 50 seconds as two bystanders shake their heads in disbelief. At this point, the first officer attempts to use increased force again, yanking the student around by her arms and kicking her in either the leg or crotch region.

Seconds later the student scrambles to her feet before falling backward into the officer. When the student gets on her hands and knees in an attempt to stand up, the other male officer grabs around her backpack. As the student is lifted to her feet, she rubs her eyes — apparently from the irritating pepper spray. The student continues to struggle and kick her legs as the officer pulls her up by her backpack and carries her down the hallway, with just her tip-toes touching the ground. The group then walks out of frame.

District Spokesperson Chrystal Wilson confirmed the incident happened and said she was aware of the video, but declined to provide additional details.

“What I can tell you is that an investigation is under way and this type of behavior is not how the District expects employees, students, staff or parents to be treated,” Wilson said in a statement.

According to figures from DPS, 2,328 students are enrolled at Cass Tech, which employs 119 faculty and staff members.

The DPS Police Department is the state’s only full-service school district police agency and includes 78 police officers patrolling schools 24-7. The DPS-PD also has 43 campus police officers assigned to all high schools, and at other critical sites.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair: ? her. You wanna act like a real life goon, then be prepared for real life consequences. Hope the concussion was worth it. From the video, she ain't follow one order, you gon respect adults, and you gon respect the police. ? her and whoever enabled that type of behavior. White cop on the street gon do her much worse she keep playin.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    Fair: ? her. You wanna act like a real life goon, then be prepared for real life consequences. Hope the concussion was worth it. From the video, she ain't follow one order, you gon respect adults, and you gon respect the police. ? her and whoever enabled that type of behavior. White cop on the street gon do her much worse she keep playin.

What did she do?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im expecting a slam or 2 piece combo. This was tame as ? she should have listened. Also smash
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thank you, for giving other ? a platform my dear brother

django-3.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so the punishement for not listening even when not violent is beating....yet parents who do that are the worse....

so the person who gave birth cant touch them
    but the person with a badge or flashlight can....

i think i get it
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did she commit a crime? She look like she was complying at first, then the police knocked her phone out of her hand, then rammed her into a wall.
  • _Lefty
    Options
    Ya'll throw that ? ? around way too much. I ain't panderin to no white people, i'm talkin to ya'll, us. Take ya punk ass to school, learn somethin, shoot a basketball or do a flip or somethin, sit the ? back and learn somethin. Ain't no police in a school pickin you out a muthafuckin hat.

And as far as what she did, everybody know, once the police show up, it's a wrap, resource officer or whatever, it's time to chill out. Don't say nothin and do what they say because you can't beat em on the street. We all been in school, ya'll bout to tell me that the police came to ya'll school and just said "i'ma grab this ? for no reason" no. Ya'll gotta get off this ? , everybody talk about how bad the kids are, but when somethin like this happen, ? cry foul.

I'm the first to say ? the police, but at the same time, these kids gotta get put in check. Flat out. Police come, sit yo ass down, you in a fight and the teachers break it up, sit yo ass down.

Why do it take 3 people to get her ass up and where she need to be? ? outta here. Get yo punk ass up and go to the office, and hold this suspension.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya'll throw that ? ? around way too much. I ain't panderin to no white people, i'm talkin to ya'll, us. Take ya punk ass to school, learn somethin, shoot a basketball or do a flip or somethin, sit the ? back and learn somethin. Ain't no police in a school pickin you out a muthafuckin hat.

And as far as what she did, everybody know, once the police show up, it's a wrap, resource officer or whatever, it's time to chill out. Don't say nothin and do what they say because you can't beat em on the street. We all been in school, ya'll bout to tell me that the police came to ya'll school and just said "i'ma grab this ? for no reason" no. Ya'll gotta get off this ? , everybody talk about how bad the kids are, but when somethin like this happen, ? cry foul.

I'm the first to say ? the police, but at the same time, these kids gotta get put in check. Flat out. Police come, sit yo ass down, you in a fight and the teachers break it up, sit yo ass down.

Why do it take 3 people to get her ass up and where she need to be? ? outta here. Get yo punk ass up and go to the office, and hold this suspension.

Fam. Whatever she did doesn't justify brutality
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smash @ the teacher in heels
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn @_Lefty you out here tap dancing my ? ? That is a GIRL and he is a GROWN MAN. If he can't handle that situation in a way other than the one he displayed he shouldn't be a cop.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who is that wit the choppa suit and grey ones??

Why didn't she step in do something?

• xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What did she do?

Well she's seen on the video disobeying an officer

Damn @_Lefty you out here tap dancing my ? ? That is a GIRL and he is a GROWN MAN. If he can't handle that situation in a way other than the one he displayed he shouldn't be a cop.

So what should he have done when a child isn't following his orders?

I can tell that a lot of y'all are gonna set your kids up to be ? up by police because y'all don't live in the current reality. Y'all live in "this is how is should be" world

My kids will know better if I have any say about it
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    King Crusaders we in here ? Cass Tech
  • _Lefty
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Damn @Lefty you out here tap dancing my ? ? That is a GIRL and he is a GROWN MAN. If he can't handle that situation in a way other than the one he displayed he shouldn't be a cop.

Tap dancin for who? Na fam all that coonin ya'll talkin is dead over here. Like I said before, I ain't panderin to nobody but us. If this lil girl is playin her position, guess what that video is? 30 seconds of walking through the hall at the most. I used to get into hella fights in middle and high school, not sayin this was a fight, but whatever the situation was, once school staff intervened, Wrong or not, walk yo ass to the office and explain yourself out of trouble, or, get ready for that out of school suspension, and probably be on punishment for a grip. I might beat this ? up, but the teachers is off limits unless they totally disrespect their authority. These ain't kids, and they not your friends, so why you playin wit em?

She was buggin the ? out the whole video and all ? see is the cop. I ain't sayin dude was cop of the year, but why the ? do it take 5 people to come get you to the office? That's what I'm sayin. Kids get in trouble sometimes, I get it, hell, i was it. I was bad as ? in middle/high school, guess what? Never found a way to be in that situation. Respect your elders, respect authority(while you're a child). You 15 years old, you fallin out like a 4 year old in the grocery store. Get yo ? up and go to the office.

She doin that ? cause she can, let big momma had walked in that school, she wouldn't have needed nobody to get her up. That's the problem today, ain't no big mommas bruh. I'm only 30 somethin, all the youngins in my circle know who they gotta deal with if I get called to that school? They keep they ? together because of it. And when they don't, they know they gotta pay. I wonder who she gotta deal with?

30 % Cop at fault

12 % That baby at fault

50 % Her punk ass parents that made her.

13 % This soft ass society that has no place for accountability's fault.

100 % ? aaaaaalllllll Ya'll if you think i'm wrong. Call me old school.

*Throws mic*

giphy.gif
  • I_fap_twohanded
    I_fap_twohanded Members Posts: 382 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? took a flop ric flair like
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »

What did she do?

I can tell that a lot of y'all are gonna set your kids up to be ? up by police because y'all don't live in the current reality. Y'all live in "this is how is should be" world

not violate her right to record a peace officer on duty

Not shove her so hard into a wall that she bounces her head off of it.

If you cannot handle a GIRL without resorting to violence you shouldn't be a cop, it isn't rocket science. Conduct yourself with civility if you are charged with being a peace officer. Stooping to that level shows how lacking social skills are.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What did she do?

If you cannot handle a GIRL without resorting to violence you shouldn't be a cop, it isn't rocket science. Conduct yourself with civility if you are charged with being a peace officer. Stooping to that level shows how lacking social skills are.

I agree but would you agree that there are some kids who's parents never taught them to respect authority in a school setting?

Growing up my mom would have given teachers the right to beat my ass for acting up if it was legal in the states.

And I was the good kid lol
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options
    Damn @Lefty you out here tap dancing my ? ? That is a GIRL and he is a GROWN MAN. If he can't handle that situation in a way other than the one he displayed he shouldn't be a cop.

Tap dancin for who? Na fam all that coonin ya'll talkin is dead over here. Like I said before, I ain't panderin to nobody but us. If this lil girl is playin her position, guess what that video is? 30 seconds of walking through the hall at the most. I used to get into hella fights in middle and high school, not sayin this was a fight, but whatever the situation was, once school staff intervened, Wrong or not, walk yo ass to the office and explain yourself out of trouble, or, get ready for that out of school suspension, and probably be on punishment for a grip. I might beat this ? up, but the teachers is off limits unless they totally disrespect their authority. These ain't kids, and they not your friends, so why you playin wit em?

She was buggin the ? out the whole video and all ? see is the cop. I ain't sayin dude was cop of the year, but why the ? do it take 5 people to come get you to the office? That's what I'm sayin. Kids get in trouble sometimes, I get it, hell, i was it. I was bad as ? in middle/high school, guess what? Never found a way to be in that situation. Respect your elders, respect authority(while you're a child). You 15 years old, you fallin out like a 4 year old in the grocery store. Get yo ? up and go to the office.

She doin that ? cause she can, let big momma had walked in that school, she wouldn't have needed nobody to get her up. That's the problem today, ain't no big mommas bruh. I'm only 30 somethin, all the youngins in my circle know who they gotta deal with if I get called to that school? They keep they ? together because of it. And when they don't, they know they gotta pay. I wonder who she gotta deal with?

30 % Cop at fault

12 % That baby at fault

*Throws mic*

giphy.gif

When a person stoops to the level of another person they lost control of the situation. Was she wrong, absolutely. But when that pig decided to lower himself to that level he was more so in the wrong because he is an adult in a position of authority letting a child dictate the situation. He doesn't need a badge or a gun. He is a child himself, he let his emotions control him.
  • _Lefty
    Options

30 % Cop at fault

12 % That baby at fault

*Throws mic*

giphy.gif

When a person stoops to the level of another person they lost control of the situation. Was she wrong, absolutely. But when that pig decided to lower himself to that level he was more so in the wrong because he is an adult in a position of authority letting a child dictate the situation. He doesn't need a badge or a gun. He is a child himself, he let his emotions control him.

I'll give you that. He definitely let his frustration bleed too far into the situation. But ? that. She need her ass whooped.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options

What did she do?

I agree but would you agree that there are some kids who's parents never taught them to respect authority in a school setting?

Growing up my mom would have given teachers the right to beat my ass for acting up if it was legal in the states.

And I was the good kid lol

man hell yeah!! And that ? sucks, but it's a thin line to tread on. Perception of disrespect and actual disrespect are 2 different things. If we allow violence for one how are we to prevent violence with the other?
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm indifferent here, more details needed. Fault could be placed on both parties.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I notice a couple of yall like to defend cops when they Black

They can all die imo