Better duo: Splash Bros vs Team 35&O

DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited May 2016 in From the Cheap Seats
q2x1jemicqjh.jpeg

Better duo: Splash Bros vs Team 35&O 54 votes

Curry & Thompson
42%
S2Jmike06lord nemesisjoeyfkncrakkthe_focused_oneBcotton5Knightrydervageneral08waterproofThe Lonious Monkits....JOHN Btexasdaking88Crude_MR.CJKamPushMeblu197TrillfateInglewood_BDR. JEKRubato Garcia 23 votes
Westbrook & Durant
57%
killapdamnkpRobCoLifeR.D.af.r.i.c.a.bless the childdallas' 4 evaCJPanchoYoSanchoDOPEdweebzCapitalBCoolJoecaddo manLPastNothingButTheTruthShizlansky_Menace_Olorun22Trollio Co_Town_Michael 31 votes

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curry & Thompson
    Not close
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curry & Thompson
    I like Westbrook better than Curry but Splash Bros won a title, so....
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited May 2016
    Westbrook & Durant
    I feel individually Westbrook and Durant are more talented than the Splash but the rest of the pieces work better with Curry and Thompson.

Plus if I picked them individually, Curry, Westbrook&Durant on a coinflip,then Thompson.

Curry n Thompson aint winning a chip by themselves.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curry & Thompson
    This not even close, Klay will be a top 8 SG All time and Curry will be maybe top 3 PG All time when it's all over.... KD will maybe be top 5 SF All time and Russ will be lucky if he cracks top 10 PG All time..
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Westbrook & Durant

A young KD and A young Russ ran into LBJ, Wade and Bosh.

Curry and Klay (green) ran into LBJ, Delly and Mosgov
  • blu197
    Curry & Thompson
    Shizlansky wrote: »

A young KD and A young Russ ran into LBJ, Wade and Bosh.

Curry and Klay (green) ran into LBJ, Delly and Mosgov

Yet many still picked GS to lose to the Cavs last year bc they were "young, inexperienced ect"
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Westbrook & Durant
    If u switch them warriors would be even better well okc would barely be a 7-8th seed its not even close
  • blu197
    Curry & Thompson
    If u switch them warriors would be even better well okc would barely be a 7-8th seed its not even close

OKC would be better, GS would be worse, KD and Russ don't use their teammates nearly enough for GS to even be the #1 seed if you switched them.... you can actually run a team oriented offense around Curry/Klay and they create so much space on the floor for everybody to eat, Curry and Klay would make ibaka look great again, they'll make Dion 6MOTY, Roberson will be a better defensive version of Barnes etc
  • its....JOHN B
    Curry & Thompson
    Didn't they just break the single season wins record?
  • DOPEdweebz
    Westbrook & Durant

No the Golden State Warriors did. Not Curry and Thompson.
  • blu197
    Curry & Thompson

So Curry and Klay aren't apart of the Golden State Warriors?
  • its....JOHN B
    Curry & Thompson
    Not even entertaining this one
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited May 2016
    Westbrook & Durant
    blu197 wrote: »

So Curry and Klay aren't apart of the Golden State Warriors?
    Yes they are but you make it sound like those two played NBA Jam out there and carried 100% of the team stats. The single season record factor has zero affect when I compare the talents of two players vs two players.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Westbrook & Durant

GSW has a better team
  • blu197
    Curry & Thompson
    Every game GS played against OKC this year is all the proof that Curry/Klay>>>KD/Russ, the stats favor Curry/Klay in the h2h match ups and the Reg season
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Curry & Thompson
    This is actually easier than u think. Bc of the spacing that the beige brothers require and the quickness of their shots, if u put the same people around both them and '35&0, Steph n klay will ALWAYS have the better team
  • DOPEdweebz
    Westbrook & Durant
    S2J wrote: »
    What kinda nickname is that 35&0 lol

Bruh I know
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Westbrook & Durant
    S2J wrote: »
    This is actually easier than u think. Bc of the spacing that the beige brothers require and the quickness of their shots, if u put the same people around both them and '35&0, Steph n klay will ALWAYS have the better team

^^^This is a good argument.

But to me the question was more "which is the better duo" not which duo will make their team better overall.

Talent wise, this is really not close to me.

Russ and KD are both MVP candidates who can take over a game or a playoff series. And they haven't even reached their potential yet.

Hell - They are still learning how to play together
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Westbrook & Durant
    The problem with the Durant and Westbrook duo is neither of them will ever truly reach their potential until they stop playing with each other.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Westbrook & Durant

The past doesn't dictate the future.

All Time Greats have played together before and won multiple championships on the same team.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Westbrook & Durant
    Klay still got something to prove.
  • its....JOHN B
    Curry & Thompson
    First thing I thought is who am I building my team around and that's not close, it wasn't that long ago it was looking like it was a lock for Durant to leave, I've seen lockerrooms split in OKC I seen both of them blow up on each other, it could all change this year if they get through the Spurs/Warriors/Cavs to win it you got to give it to them, Warriors road to the championship last year was easy but was legitimized by breaking the single season wins record this year, and yes the Warriors start with the splash bros miss me with that team ? , obviously they do it as a team but all those players around them games are elevated because of the Curry and Klay
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Curry & Thompson
    The thread asks whose the better duo not whose the most talented duo.

Until Durant and Westbrook can win a title together they are not the better duo; maybe all around more talented, but they haven't worked as well together up to this point.

Y'all cats are criminally underrating Klay Thompson too. Klay is easily one of the top 8-10 players in the league and actually plays both ends of the court and not just on offense. Klays game gets underappreciated due to Curry's greatness on offense.

Hell I'd take Klay over anybody not named Lebron, Curry, Durant, Westbrook, AD or CP3.

One could probably make an argument for guys like Paul George and Kawhi Leonard being better but I prefer Klay's game to those guys.