124»

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curry & Thompson
    waterproof wrote: »
    The one's with the Chip is a better duo

Is Parker & Ginoboli better all time @waterproof ?

As of right now I'm going to say yes because as a starting Duo Parker and Gino won 2 together the other chip Manu was off the bench I believe but they won lots of games and playoffs as a starting duo
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Westbrook & Durant

As of right now I'm going to say yes because as a starting Duo Parker and Gino won 2 together the other chip Manu was off the bench I believe but they won lots of games and playoffs as a starting duo

At the end of the day it's how you define "better". More talented or more winning.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curry & Thompson

At the end of the day it's how you define "better". More talented or more winning.

True I agree with you
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Ahh Splash Bros actually make their whole team better. You do the math. Wes and kev don't even play as a duo but two separate star players which is why they lost the series.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curry & Thompson
    Not close

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curry & Thompson
    Didnt they just prove they the better duo by putting them guys outta the playoffs after everybody threw dirt on them when GS was down 3-1?
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westbrook & Durant
    If you picking Curry and Thompson, then you by default have Steph as the far and away best player in the league.

Durant and Westbrook are top 5, easy... Many have either of them at the 1 or 2 spot.

Thompson isn't in that class yet.

There's only one way to make up the difference ...
  • Peace_79
    Options
    Westbrook & Durant
    Broken record - question comes down to
    Talent & Potential VS Winning & Accomplishments.

We also have to consider team strength, chemistry and coaching when using team success as selection criteria.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Arguably Lebron - 1, Durant - 2, Curry -3, CP3/Westbrook - 4/5, And Klay would be somewhere around 10 or so

So the answer is Durant and Westbrook if we are talking BETTER. As in BETTER players.2 MVP candidates vs 1.

Gotta define the debate more to clarify though..
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curry & Thompson
    blu197 wrote: »

The Warriors window to win Titles is still huge after this season
    No it's not.They'll probably lose ezeli and barnes in free agency they have to resign curry, igoudoula and bogut who are all free agents after next season.If they don't win this year their reign on the top will be short like leprechauns.Thunder sonning these dudes & the T wolves got next

This yall mans tho :joy: ...this is the cheap seats champion groupthink dickrider. And he doesnt know a gotdamn thing
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

No it's not.They'll probably lose ezeli and barnes in free agency they have to resign curry, igoudoula and bogut who are all free agents after next season.If they don't win this year their reign on the top will be short like leprechauns.Thunder sonning these dudes & the T wolves got next

This yall mans tho :joy: ...this is the cheap seats champion groupthink dickrider. And he doesnt know a gotdamn thing

You try way too hard, you're like a vindictive female and you quoted that like my point still doesn't stand

Warriors have speights,barnes,ezeli and barbosa as fa's this summer.Next summer bogut,curry and igoudoula they won't have cap space to retain all of them + re sign curry to a super max or they'll be paying beacoup luxury taxes they will lose depth.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Westbrook & Durant
    Kevin Durant
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Curry & Thompson

You try way too hard, you're like a vindictive female and you quoted that like my point still doesn't stand

Warriors have speights,barnes,ezeli and barbosa as fa's this summer.Next summer bogut,curry and igoudoula they won't have cap space to retain all of them + re sign curry to a super max or they'll be paying beacoup luxury taxes they will lose depth.

Just sit back champ, learn a thing or 2. These are problems teams have had forveer without the most cap space ever. They will be just fine.

Speights is gone---ok??
    Barnes is gone---replace with a Bazemore or Batum if they wanaget a lil fancy
    If Ezeli leaves- --meh, draft pick to replace him
    Barbosa? Before him it was Jaret Jack. You now have Ian Clark on a rookie deal.

Its the spacing from Steph and Klay that allows thwse dudes to play with such confidence. No one but Iggy with that D nh and Livingston with the size is individually vital or irreplaceable. As log as klay, Steph, and draymond there u can duplicate what the others bring. Good talk tho

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

Ironic post

Just sit back champ, learn a thing or 2. These are problems teams have had forveer without the most cap space ever. They will be just fine.

Speights is gone---ok??
    Barnes is gone---replace with a Bazemore or Batum if they wanaget a lil fancy
    If Ezeli leaves- --meh, draft pick to replace him
    Barbosa? Before him it was Jaret Jack. You now have Ian Clark on a rookie deal.

Its the spacing from Steph and Klay that allows thwse dudes to play with such confidence. No one but Iggy with that D nh and Livingston with the size is individually vital or irreplaceable. As log as klay, Steph, and draymond there u can duplicate what the others bring. Good talk tho

Speights,Ian Clark,Barbosa,Barnes,ezeli all free agents this summer so that leaves the warriors with approximately 18 mil in cap space to build a new bench (if they lose all these players) 18 mil aint nothin in this new tv money market.Barnes already rejected 16 mil a year barnes and ezeli will get overpaid so the warriors have to either match and pay more luxury taxes or lose em,then next summer livingston,bogut,curry and igoudoula are all fa's so their options are keep the core and pay luxury taxes for years and become repeat tax payers which triples the taxes or lose some of these players and replace them wit vet min contracts or rookies.Like I said they will lose depth the next few years

Class dismissed,now stop quoting me your womans fed up/stalk bilfiger agenda is laughable and your bball knowledge is trash."Good talk tho"
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was just thinking last night at what type of contract will Steph receive in 2017...
  • Peace_79
    Options
    Westbrook & Durant
    I was just thinking last night at what type of contract will Steph receive in 2017...

Hmm... Maybe the veterans minimum?
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curry & Thompson
    Didn't they just break the single season wins record?

No the Golden State Warriors did. Not Curry and Thompson.

Like they didn't play a big part of it
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westbrook & Durant
    Didn't they just break the single season wins record?

No the Golden State Warriors did. Not Curry and Thompson.

Like they didn't play a big part of it

seriously?