Etan Thomas Exposes Racist CAC on Amtrak

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ex-NBA Baller Blows Up Racist Woman on Amtrak
http://www.theroot.com/articles/news/2016/05/ex_nba_player_blows_up_racist_woman_on_amtrak_train.html?utm_content=bufferf8d2b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

After Etan Thomas confronted the woman for lying about an open seat, she told him not to pull the “race card.”

BY: ANGELA BRONNER HELM
Posted: May 21 2016

86188896-washington-wizards-basketball-player-etan-thomas-arrives.jpg.CROP.rtstory-large.jpg
Ex-Washington Wizards basketball player Etan Thomas in 2009.
BRENDAN HOFFMAN/GETTY IMAGES

Social media has morphed from a cute little platform for sharing funny pics and links to a truth-telling device that confirms that racism is alive and well in America.

Ask ex-Washington Wizard player Etan Thomas; he knows how to use it to his advantage.

Thomas, a universally accepted all-around great guy, adoring father, and advocate for student athletes, has taken to Facebook before to air stupidity out—including the creepy cover of R. Kelly’s 2013 Black Panties album.

In this instance, he blew a woman’s spot all the way up, and took her photo for good measure. The post, which went up on Friday night, has more than 1,600 comments, 8,000 shares and 30,000 likes.

It all began, according to Thomas, when he asked a woman politely and in a “softened” voice if the seat next to her was taken. The woman said it was. Two minutes later, Thomas says, a white guy comes along, asks the same question, and is offered the seat, with the woman even moving her stuff for him.

Thomas, who said he “had to say something,” gets up and asks the woman, “Did you just not want ME to sit next to you? Were you scared? Not comfortable with a Black Man sitting next to you?”

According to Thomas, the woman actually had the audacity to part her lips and say, “Don't pull the race card stuff with me, I dated a Black guy in college.”

Well.

Thomas said he had to take a photo of the woman for Facebook, and she said she was going to get the law on him (in this case report him to the conductor) for illegally taking her photo (the man who sat next to the woman looks mortified, by the way)

I’ll let Thomas tell the rest:

“So the conductor came up and said hey Etan Thomas love what you're doing in the community loved you with the Wizards big Cuse fan man the Knicks sure could use you .... And I said was there something you wanted to tell my man ? And she rolled her eyes …”

View the entire post below (love how the guy sitting next to the woman is like, I want no parts of this):

[img]https://scontent-lga3-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13240690_837676569696401_3498176637516723203_n.jpg?oh=98bfda8d13d379f6dae4f33affd667a3&oe=57DDEC1D[/img]

Comments