Are Blacks Who Play for Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Vanderbilt ? ?

2»

Comments

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a 5 star player and he doesn't understand that he can go to these HBCU schools and still put up numbers and be seen, all of these players, make HBCU schools profitable again, ? is disturbing to see these kids go to these schools to be cheered on Saturday nights but to be called ? and monkeys Sunday - Friday.
    Most would say, well the facilities at HBCU schools are this and that, well let's look at that, those black players that are making it to the league becoming millionaires should invest into these schools and upgrade the facilities and get a kick back on their money, but they cant, they sign these contracts that pretty much direct where their money it should go, if you don't really understand what I'm talking about, peep how you rarely you hear a black player giving back to a HBCU, them ? would give back to white instutions or causes that do nothing but advance white supremacy, them ? are pure slaves and don't even know, 40 million dollar slaves.
    LeBron and KD about to become billionaires when it's all said and done, them ? should start their own league against the NBA and NCAA and set their own rules to allow HBCU schools to make big money, them ? and every other black person should be owners of a league, them ? will retire and won't have any managerial powers in the NBA, I bet a doughnut, only reason MJ got it was because of Bob Johnson, he was ? fired lol..kind of ? is that, MJ, but man all these kids coming out of HS, top recruits should attend a HBCU school and play there, shake this ? up, these white folks making all the money and only giving ? a challenger with 20s smh, ? is sad mane

Your looking at it in black and white, life isn't black or white.

Thats what was wrong with the Jim Crow laws, things were segregated by color.

A meritocracy is better than segregation. In a meritocracy people are rewarded for the merit of their work, not by their skin color.

As far as starting another league, yeah I understand that the NBA is owned by predominately (if not ALL) white people, but rather than starting another league owned by all Black people, why not start another league with people who have good business acumen regardless of skin color? The reason segregation failed was because people were being hired because they were white while more qualified black people were getting denied jobs. That gave Black people the opportunity to start our own businesses.

It doesn't make sense to hire, or do business with a black person for no other reason than his or her skin color when there are more qualified white people. You'd be making the same mistakes that white people made during Jim Crow.

Also what about somebody who is biracial? Would that person be allowed to participate in your plan? How about an quadroon or an octaroon? See the problem?

How about a Black jew?
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    FOH here with all of this. Let's just take it to the max since that's where ? is headed. You might as well be a ? for living in the united states at this point.. "I pay taxes to a government that been shittin on me since I was born, am I a ? ?" You're never going to escape purchasing products from, working for, or rubbing shoulders with people who simply do not ? with you. That's just 'murica' for you.

Now if you ? is goin out here consciously denouncing your people, or being a mouthpiece for them, and you wit that ? ; You a certified, bonafied, gentrified, ? . Most people don't even know they ? wit racists. Hell, the IC put me up on a lot of racist ? I never even knew existed. That makes me ignorant to a lot of things, doesn't make a ? .

Some of you irate black man ass ? need to go get some ? or somethin.
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm Mississippi born and raised and I attended and graduated from a Mississippi HBCU (Alcorn state, Home of the back to back SWAC champions.), and I'm a tell yall like this. Man ? Ole Miss and anybody that loves it. I understand that these boys get sold a dream, and the lure and temptation of SEC ball and being on tv every saturday and a chance to go pro jus blinds them. I don't fault them for that, but me personally, I wouldn't have dared gone to any of those white institutions here. Too much racial baggage and history. I've had friends and family members go to Ole miss, hell my cousin played there and got drafted by Dallas in the 90's. But regardless of all that my pride and my principles wouldn't allow me to ever consider that ? .
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for the question, I wouldn't call the kids ? . I just think that their trying to put themselves in the best position to use their talents and further their careers. I just hate that they let these white coaches, AD's and institutions use them to get rich off of, when only about a quarter or less of the kids who sign scholarships to play at these schools actually go pro and even less actually attend class and graduate......
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited May 2016
    You have a 5 star player and he doesn't understand that he can go to these HBCU schools and still put up numbers and be seen, all of these players, make HBCU schools profitable again, ? is disturbing to see these kids go to these schools to be cheered on Saturday nights but to be called ? and monkeys Sunday - Friday.
    Most would say, well the facilities at HBCU schools are this and that, well let's look at that, those black players that are making it to the league becoming millionaires should invest into these schools and upgrade the facilities and get a kick back on their money, but they cant, they sign these contracts that pretty much direct where their money it should go, if you don't really understand what I'm talking about, peep how you rarely you hear a black player giving back to a HBCU, them ? would give back to white instutions or causes that do nothing but advance white supremacy, them ? are pure slaves and don't even know, 40 million dollar slaves.
    LeBron and KD about to become billionaires when it's all said and done, them ? should start their own league against the NBA and NCAA and set their own rules to allow HBCU schools to make big money, them ? and every other black person should be owners of a league, them ? will retire and won't have any managerial powers in the NBA, I bet a doughnut, only reason MJ got it was because of Bob Johnson, he was ? fired lol..kind of ? is that, MJ, but man all these kids coming out of HS, top recruits should attend a HBCU school and play there, shake this ? up, these white folks making all the money and only giving ? a challenger with 20s smh, ? is sad mane

Starting your own league is alot more than having money....and expecting people like LeBron and KD to just say ? the NBA and go start a new league out of nowhere is a bit naive...and even then there's no guarantee hbcu's would benefit directly from them financially
  • blackrain
    Also...people have this rose colored view of how things would be if black players started going back to hbcu schools in large numbers. It's just gonna move the money to schools with different names but they won't inherently care about the players more...they'd be focused on profits like big name NCAA schools are now...hell just 2 years ago didn't some players at Grambling boycott a couple games because there facilities were so bad players were getting staph infection and the school gave no ? ?
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racist crackers/students/professors/alums/ are in every white college in America. By your logic, you're a ? unless you go to a HBCU.

No, there's a distinct difference between going to (for argument's sake a Harvard, Princeton, Cal, Stanford, or Duke,) then taking the knowledge, expertise, and most importantly, networking system back to the community to enrich others and give opportunities to those that otherwise didn't have them.

With the basketball, (and especially the football programs,) these SEC schools, (by proxy) are minor league for the NFL and the Association. Not only do big D I programs add to prestige of a school, it also pays for other ? , (dorms, libraries, new buildings etc.) By these athletes opting to go to these schools, their essentially there for the entertainment of white people.

There's schools, parks, etc named after racist white ? in all 50 states.

The money you spend has pictures of some of these devils printed on it.

Stop it.
    At what point in my post did I give these racist white supremacists a pass?

I'll wait...

You're argument is that since other ? is named in honor of white supremacists, that we shouldn't do anything about the more blatant examples, so ? it. When you this laissez faire towards racism and systematic white supremacy it only emboldens to continue on with their fuckery, and when this happens, it usually leads to our Constitutional rights being violated or brothers and sisters being killed.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racist crackers/students/professors/alums/ are in every white college in America. By your logic, you're a ? unless you go to a HBCU.

and even them ? aint ? . hbcu campuses are filled with bougie elitist ? . all yall educated negros are ? in my eyes. before you start in on me I went to college also so ? .
  • blackrain

and even them ? aint ? . hbcu campuses are filled with bougie elitist ? . all yall educated negros are ? in my eyes. before you start in on me I went to college also so ? .

Yes...being educated is such a ? move. Who wants to learn ? ? What type of sell out ? is that
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »
    Also...people have this rose colored view of how things would be if black players started going back to hbcu schools in large numbers

They'll cheer for the white players like we was never there.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about Clemson and South Carolina for rocking the confederate flag in the capital building.

Or Florida Gators..with the racist history of Florida Slave owners and what they to the babies of slaves (involving Gators)
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    ? the Hail to the Redskins song was about fight for ole Dixie

@stew
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    But what about VA, MD, or AR? Why are we only concerned and TN with Miss liek they the only racist spots

? in VA when Arthur Ash died they refused to put his statue up next to Robert E Lee. Arkansas celebrates confederate flag day on MLK day. .

That ? ? didn't last long, irrelevant.

"The song's original first stanza is often mistakenly thought to have ended with the line "Fight for old Dixie", but in fact this line was only used between 1959 and 1961"
  • blackrain
    Stew wrote: »
    But what about VA, MD, or AR? Why are we only concerned and TN with Miss liek they the only racist spots

? in VA when Arthur Ash died they refused to put his statue up next to Robert E Lee. Arkansas celebrates confederate flag day on MLK day. .

"The song's original first stanza is often mistakenly thought to have ended with the line "Fight for old Dixie", but in fact this line was only used between 1959 and 1961"

Your team also only drafted their first black player because the government wouldn't give them money for a new stadium unless they did....
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes...being educated is such a ? move. Who wants to learn ? ? What type of sell out ? is that

Elitist ?
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nah..
    jus slaves tryin to be indentured servants..

I don't think y'all understand college football in the South
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Stew wrote: »

Your team also only drafted their first black player because the government wouldn't give them money for a new stadium unless they did....

Ions ago. Irrelevant
  • Maximus Rex
    Post election bump.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Also...people have this rose colored view of how things would be if black players started going back to hbcu schools in large numbers. It's just gonna move the money to schools with different names but they won't inherently care about the players more...they'd be focused on profits like big name NCAA schools are now...hell just 2 years ago didn't some players at Grambling boycott a couple games because there facilities were so bad players were getting staph infection and the school gave no ? ?

Thread killer
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are people who get jobs in these same states ? ?
  • Maximus Rex
    rapmusic wrote: »
    So are people who get jobs in these same states ? ?

Unless they're business owners, they're slaves on the corporate plantation.