UH OH: Bacteria resistant to all antibiotics confirmed in U.S.

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be really awesome if you gusy could fix the @ ing me in that post you keep quoting.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bacteria-brazil-olympic_us_575b43fae4b0e39a28adb62c

‘Super Bacteria’ Found At Brazil Olympic Venues, Beaches

RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - Scientists have found dangerous drug-resistant “super bacteria” off beaches in Rio de Janeiro that will host Olympic swimming events and in a lagoon where rowing and canoe athletes will compete when the Games start on Aug. 5.

The findings from two unpublished academic studies seen by Reuters concern Rio’s most popular spots for tourists and greatly increase the areas known to be infected by the microbes normally found only in hospitals.

The super bacteria can cause hard-to-treat urinary, gastrointestinal, pulmonary and bloodstream infections, along with meningitis. The CDC says studies show that these bacteria contribute to death in up to half of patients infected.

Valerie Harwood, an expert in recreational water contamination and antibiotic-resistant bacteria at the University of South Florida who was not involved in the studies, said that if anything, things were getting worse, as the super bacteria naturally spread by infecting other microbes.

--The Olympics in Brazil needs to be cancelled or moved to another country. I'm noticing a lot of athletes, especially NBA players, are cancelling their trip there. A pandemic can happen if enough people spread these germs around.....
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO that video is amazing, but let's be honest, if your ? @DoUwant2go2Heaven is really the guy putting forth all these horrible parasites and bacterium throughout the world, then it's a total ? and total ? . Worse then any devil character that's out there. If you think setting forth parasites and incurable bacteria is the way to gaining the hearts and minds of people, think again.

Sin=death. Therefore mankind has brought upon us all these deadly diseases. Look in the mirror my friend because you are the problem. You got 3 fingers pointing back at you while you are pointing the finger at ? . Amen.

How am I the problem, I'm not the one sending flesh eating bacteria and the Zika virus to little babies. I'm not the one whose shrinking little babies heads and making them ? , and I'm definitely not the one who sends little children in 3rd world nations worldwide flesh eating bacteria that eats their faces and arms off.

I have enemies as the next man does, but I'd never send flesh eating bacteria to their kids. You think admitting things like that will make people want to get closer to a ? like yours who admits to being a sick ? ? Give me a break.

The wisdom of ? makes people like you look foolish all the time. Amen.

"My soul yearns for you in the night; my spirit within me earnestly seeks you. For when your judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world learn righteousness." Isaiah 29:6

Yes, when ? sends His judgments on the earth mankind learn righteousness. And whats coming upon the earth VERY SHORTLY will be the most catastrophic judgment that ? will ever unleash upon rebellious mankind! When that soon coming day arrives ? says that many people will FINALLY turn to Him when they see that the end of this age is at hand. Amen.

Many souls will have to literally go through hell in high water, for hell will be unleashed on earth, but in the end they will save their souls when they turn to the LORD during the tribulation period. Amen.

So in other words, the Bible ? is a giant demon who is worse then ? , Francisco Pizarro and Columbus combined. Even Ted Bundy would blush at how evil your ? is.

Enjoy your worship of a demon.

You can characterize ? however you want. But at the end of the day you will stand before Him. May you not be found naked in His sight on that day. Amen.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bacteria-brazil-olympic_us_575b43fae4b0e39a28adb62c

RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - Scientists have found dangerous drug-resistant “super bacteria” off beaches in Rio de Janeiro that will host Olympic swimming events and in a lagoon where rowing and canoe athletes will compete when the Games start on Aug. 5.

The findings from two unpublished academic studies seen by Reuters concern Rio’s most popular spots for tourists and greatly increase the areas known to be infected by the microbes normally found only in hospitals.

The super bacteria can cause hard-to-treat urinary, gastrointestinal, pulmonary and bloodstream infections, along with meningitis. The CDC says studies show that these bacteria contribute to death in up to half of patients infected.

Valerie Harwood, an expert in recreational water contamination and antibiotic-resistant bacteria at the University of South Florida who was not involved in the studies, said that if anything, things were getting worse, as the super bacteria naturally spread by infecting other microbes.

--The Olympics in Brazil needs to be cancelled or moved to another country. I'm noticing a lot of athletes, especially NBA players, are cancelling their trip there. A pandemic can happen if enough people spread these germs around.....

Yep @ the last paragraph, I made a thread about this over in Cheap Seats
  • kingblaze84
    LMAO that video is amazing, but let's be honest, if your ? @DoUwant2go2Heaven is really the guy putting forth all these horrible parasites and bacterium throughout the world, then it's a total ? and total ? . Worse then any devil character that's out there. If you think setting forth parasites and incurable bacteria is the way to gaining the hearts and minds of people, think again.

Sin=death. Therefore mankind has brought upon us all these deadly diseases. Look in the mirror my friend because you are the problem. You got 3 fingers pointing back at you while you are pointing the finger at ? . Amen.

How am I the problem, I'm not the one sending flesh eating bacteria and the Zika virus to little babies. I'm not the one whose shrinking little babies heads and making them ? , and I'm definitely not the one who sends little children in 3rd world nations worldwide flesh eating bacteria that eats their faces and arms off.

I have enemies as the next man does, but I'd never send flesh eating bacteria to their kids. You think admitting things like that will make people want to get closer to a ? like yours who admits to being a sick ? ? Give me a break.

"My soul yearns for you in the night; my spirit within me earnestly seeks you. For when your judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world learn righteousness." Isaiah 29:6

Yes, when ? sends His judgments on the earth mankind learn righteousness. And whats coming upon the earth VERY SHORTLY will be the most catastrophic judgment that ? will ever unleash upon rebellious mankind! When that soon coming day arrives ? says that many people will FINALLY turn to Him when they see that the end of this age is at hand. Amen.

Many souls will have to literally go through hell in high water, for hell will be unleashed on earth, but in the end they will save their souls when they turn to the LORD during the tribulation period. Amen.

So in other words, the Bible ? is a giant demon who is worse then ? , Francisco Pizarro and Columbus combined. Even Ted Bundy would blush at how evil your ? is.

You can characterize ? however you want. But at the end of the day you will stand before Him. May you not be found naked in His sight on that day. Amen.

I'm not worried, there's no proof the Bible ? is even alive anymore, I doubt it ever existed. If it did, it died a long time ago.....

And I told you before to stop imagining me being naked.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2016

Yep @ the last paragraph, I made a thread about this over in Cheap Seats

Yeah, epidemics are no joke, but a pandemic? Damn, that's something I hope doesn't happen with the super bacteria and Zika virus. In many ways the world is overcrowded but these aren't quick deaths we're talking about. These are painful ways to go, so the world needs to take action to at least delay the games.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

I'm not worried, there's no proof the Bible ? is even alive anymore, I doubt it ever existed. If it did, it died a long time ago.....

Elohim is from everlasting to everlasting. He had no beginning and He shall never have an end. He invites whosoever will to come and join Him for all eternity! But you must accept the free offer of salvation by confessing Adonai Yeshua as your exceedingly great reward! But if He will not be your Mashiach because of you willful unbelief, rest assured that all your sins will be found out as you stand bare butt naked before the King of glory and all His created intelligences on the last day! Amen.
  • kingblaze84

Elohim is from everlasting to everlasting. He had no beginning and He shall never have an end. He invites whosoever will to come and join Him for all eternity! But you must accept the free offer of salvation by confessing Adonai Yeshua as your exceedingly great reward! But if He will not be your Mashiach because of you willful unbelief, rest assured that all your sins will be found out as you stand bare butt naked before the King of glory and all His created intelligences on the last day! Amen.

Why can't Yeshua tell me this for himself? Why is he so lazy?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

the-holy-bible.jpg

He's speaking, but are you listening?
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bleach kills anything

bleach.gif
  • kingblaze84

the-holy-bible.jpg

I read it before, not impressed. Words mean nothing without action. I have a lazy streak sometimes too but I wouldn't be lazy after 2,000 years.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

the-holy-bible.jpg

I read it before, not impressed. Words mean nothing without action. I have a lazy streak sometimes too but I wouldn't be lazy after 2,000 years.
    The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. Thus do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

"After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight."
    Hosea 6:2

But do you hear and understand what thus saith the LORD?
    That is the question!
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2016

the-holy-bible.jpg

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. Thus do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

"After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight."

That is the question!

Not slow in keeping his promise? Are you ? serious, it's been a damn long time man. The more you post, the more ridiculous your beliefs sound. And I understand all the broken promises Jesus has made, what I don't understand is why you expect me to believe in your nonsense. I already said words mean nothing without action, until "the lord" shows himself and actually backs up his promises, there's nothing to believe in. And I don't want to worship a LOSER ? like yours who doesn't do anything.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

I keep telling you that possibly he does not know you and even worse does not like you and since you don't know him or like him. Why would he communicate with you???
  • kingblaze84
    zzombie wrote: »

I keep telling you that possibly he does not know you and even worse does not like you and since you don't know him or like him. Why would he communicate with you???

70% of the world isn't Christian, it's probably more then that, so I'm not the only one who feels this way. I know you're gonna say Christians and Muslims both believe in the Abrahamic ? but the description of "? " in the Koran is quite different then the description seen in the Bible. Many people now believe Muslims and Christians worship different gods, I'm hearing Christians especially say this a lot. So it's bigger then me, 70% or more of the world doesn't believe Jesus is a savior of any kind. So maybe it should do a better job communicating with others and stop the Houdini act.
  • zzombie

70% of the world isn't Christian, it's probably more then that, so I'm not the only one who feels this way. I know you're gonna say Christians and Muslims both believe in the Abrahamic ? but the description of "? " in the Koran is quite different then the description seen in the Bible. Many people now believe Muslims and Christians worship different gods, I'm hearing Christians especially say this a lot. So it's bigger then me, 70% or more of the world doesn't believe Jesus is a savior of any kind. So maybe it should do a better job communicating with others and stop the Houdini act.

? straw man argument because with the nature of religion it is impossible to ever really know what % of the world belongs to any religion with any kind of credible certainty. I went to school with a girl and first semester she was a Buddhist and by graduation she claimed to be a wiccan. Add in the fact that some governments are oppressive to certain religions and it becomes impossible to know what % of the world belongs to what religion.... and any way that has nothing to do with YOU.

You had the religious questions i gave you a possible answer, @DoUwant2go2Heaven consistently asks you do you know him??? do you know ? , your response is always either to ridicule him or to ridicule ? ..... Yet you still want to know why ? is not speaking to you and making himself known to you.... well gee maybe it's because every time you cuss him you move yourself further away from him... so ? could be screaming at you (or not) but you probably can't hear.
  • kingblaze84

? straw man argument because with the nature of religion it is impossible to ever really know what % of the world belongs to any religion with any kind of credible certainty. I went to school with a girl and first semester she was a Buddhist and by graduation she claimed to be a wiccan. Add in the fact that some governments are oppressive to certain religions and it becomes impossible to know what % of the world belongs to what religion.... and any way that has nothing to do with YOU.

You had the religious questions i gave you a possible answer, @DoUwant2go2Heaven consistently asks you do you know him??? do you know ? , your response is always either to ridicule him or to ridicule ? ..... Yet you still want to know why ? is not speaking to you and making himself known to you.... well gee maybe it's because every time you cuss him you move yourself further away from him... so ? could be screaming at you (or not) but you probably can't hear.

No matter what percentage it is, a huge part of the world is clearly not Christian, how come the Bible ? isn't showing itself to us? So what if I call the Bible ? lazy and worse, I've said bad things to friends and family alike and we still talk and get along. I don't think that's a good excuse.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2016
    Also, remember DOU is admitting his ? has PURPOSELY brought forth brain eating and flesh eating diseases and parasites. Why wouldn't I call such a ? a sick and twisted ? ? If I purposely put flesh eating bacteria in a child's lunchbox, I would be called a monster. But DOU is saying his ? is doing all these things on purpose. I have every reason to ridicule a deranged, psychopathic ? like that, and I would actively call for its destruction if it was a real thing.
  • zzombie

No matter what percentage it is, a huge part of the world is clearly not Christian, how come the Bible ? isn't showing itself to us? So what if I call the Bible ? lazy and worse, I've said bad things to friends and family alike and we still talk and get along. I don't think that's a good excuse.

He has shown himself to us which is probably why a large percentage of the world is still christian... You do realize that basically the entire so called "new world" is christian which mean all of south and central america all of mexico more than 50% of the USA and Canada is still christian, CHRISTIANITY is growing in africa, asia and there has been a resurgence in eastern Europe and Russia But like i said No one can ever really know the real % with any certainty

? is not merely a family member so you cannot fundamentally disrespect him the way you do and then expect to deserve anything from him. You have to humble yourself. You WANT ? to revel himself to you yet you curse him every chance you get??? if my adult son spoke to me the way you speak to ? i would still love him and take care of him but we would not be close
  • zzombie
    edited June 2016
    Also, remember DOU is admitting his ? has PURPOSELY brought forth brain eating and flesh eating diseases and parasites. Why wouldn't I call such a ? a sick and twisted ? ? If I purposely put flesh eating bacteria in a child's lunchbox, I would be called a monster. But DOU is saying his ? is doing all these things on purpose. I have every reason to ridicule a deranged, psychopathic ? like that, and I would actively call for its destruction if it was a real thing.

death in any form serves it's current purpose perfectly and is actually a sort of blessing me an DOU differ on certain theological standpoints but his heart is in the right place (more so than mine) even if his knowledge and understanding maybe far less sophisticated than mine.

and even tho he is annoying you probably should not speak to the man the way you do especially since he is trying to help you
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

the-holy-bible.jpg

That is the question!

Not slow in keeping his promise? Are you ? serious, it's been a damn long time man. The more you post, the more ridiculous your beliefs sound. And I understand all the broken promises Jesus has made, what I don't understand is why you expect me to believe in your nonsense. I already said words mean nothing without action, until "the lord" shows himself and actually backs up his promises, there's nothing to believe in. And I don't want to worship a LOSER ? like yours who doesn't do anything.

1. How long to ? has it been though? According to the word it's only been 2 days in the eyes of ? since the ressurection of Jesus Christ. Therefore you need to stop thinking with your own wisdom and start thinking with the wisdom of ? . But the wisdom of ? only comes to those who fear Him. For the fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. Amen.
    2. But ? knew that people like you would complain and chide others about the promise of His coming. Therefore the witness against your thoughts is the flood of Noah. Reference 2 Peter 3 and Genesis 6-7. Amen.
    3. ? can not lie therefore He has never made a promise that He did not or will not keep.
    4. Thus beware, for ? has promised this:

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Revelation 21:8

5. Yes, ALL liars will have their part in the lake of fire.
    6. Wherefore @kingblaze84 REPENT and believe the gospel of Jesus Christ so that your soul will be saved from the wrath to come. Amen.
    7. ? has room in His house for you. But the question is will you accept the free room and board in the Fathers house for all eternity? Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

1. The choice of mankind to rebell against ? and His commands brought sin into a world that was originally free from sin and all of its devastating effects.
    2. Thus what you see is the natural progression of the consequences of mans choice to rebell against The Creator.
    3. Therefore ? has decided what the consquences for rebellion against Him is! And the consquences are clearly spelled out in His word! For thus saith the LORD:
    4. "For the wages of sin is death." Romans 6:23

5. But because ? is good He has also provided a way of escape in the end when He makes all things right forever and ever! And the way of escape is also spelled out at the conclusion of the above verse when ? gives the answer for the sin problem and all the death that it causes by saying this:

"...but the gift of ? is eternal life through Jesus Christ, our LORD." Romans 6:23

6. The free gift of ? is eternal salvation by faith in Jesus Christ! In this life all you will see is death and misery for this world is under the judgement of ? ! And the final out pouring of His judgement is at hand! Wherefore I urge you to be reconciled back to ? because Christ has made peace with the Father and us through His shed blood on the cross!

7. The offer of eternal life is extended to you @kingblaze84 as well as to whosoever will come! But you must come! Yes, you must be born again if you are to ever see the kingdom of ? and escape from the wrath to come!

Will you come today?
  • kingblaze84

death in any form serves it's current purpose perfectly and is actually a sort of blessing me an DOU differ on certain theological standpoints but his heart is in the right place (more so than mine) even if his knowledge and understanding maybe far less sophisticated than mine.

and even tho he is annoying you probably should not speak to the man the way you do especially since he is trying to help you

He's trying to help me? That's nice and all but he already knows I have no respect for the barbaric Bible ? . Everyone who knows me in person and online knows how I feel. He's said nothing to make me feel differently, if anything, I have less respect for his ? now. Am I supposed to respect a ? like his that sends brain eating parasites to children around the world? You might as well ask me to get a tattoo of Ted Bundy.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2016

1. The choice of mankind to rebell against ? and His commands brought sin into a world that was originally free from sin and all of its devastating effects.
    2. Thus what you see is the natural progression of the consequences of mans choice to rebell against The Creator.
    3. Therefore ? has decided what the consquences for rebellion against Him is! And the consquences are clearly spelled out in His word! For thus saith the LORD:
    4. "For the wages of sin is death." Romans 6:23

5. But because ? is good He has also provided a way of escape in the end when He makes all things right forever and ever! And the way of escape is also spelled out at the conclusion of the above verse when ? gives the answer for the sin problem and all the death that it causes by saying this:

"...but the gift of ? is eternal life through Jesus Christ, our LORD." Romans 6:23

6. The free gift of ? is eternal salvation by faith in Jesus Christ! In this life all you will see is death and misery for this world is under the judgement of ? ! And the final out pouring of His judgement is at hand! Wherefore I urge you to be reconciled back to ? because Christ has made peace with the Father and us through His shed blood on the cross!

7. The offer of eternal life is extended to you @kingblaze84 as well as to whosoever will come! But you must come! Yes, you must be born again if you are to ever see the kingdom of ? and escape from the wrath to come!

Will you come today?

What proof do you have that Jesus has "provided an escape" in the afterlife? He didn't provide an escape route when slaves were making the trip to the Atlantic hundreds of years ago, and he didn't provide an escape for his own so called chosen people during the Holocaust. I don't think you realize just how limited Jesus' powers are. You don't worship a real ? .
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭