The Elite Cheap Seats Posters Roundtable discussion

Options
Darius
Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
ayo KOP, Chozen, Shitman, Radaman (yeah I accepted your apology), toheeb, Af.r.i.c.a, Poorallel Rhymes, ? Peagle and Bigb yalls input is valued here too. Yall's .gif game is an influential part of this forum and more than makes up for your lack of quality posts and constant cosignin and loling. If your name wasn't listed here, you probably aren't a good poster or are a terrible mod, but it is possible I didn't mention your name b/c it just slipped my mind. So feel free to post no more than once in this thread. thats all its gonna take to see if you matter.

Alright. We are all cool peoples. Have good knowledge of sports, and can usually post w/o bias. And what i just said has to be true b/c i'm top 3 DOA most objective poster here.

Its time to tweak some things from an operational standpoint. Any company must plan its 2nd step before it even takes its first. (word to the dude w/ the jordans) Popularity and good all around posting is taking place, but at some point we will experience the law of diminishing returns. At that time, we initiate step two. whatever that is, but I think its time to take this forum to the next level. We shall discuss what is right and wrong with the forum, offer suggestions on improvement, and what sort of new ideas we can offer or even talk about old Cheap Seats practices that we can bring back.

we welcome any suggestions from the customers, so lurkers sign up and drop some input.

Stringer Bell: you may record the minutes of this meeting, then scan the copy onto tinypic and post all over the IC.

Comments

• Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    your avi just made me laugh.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I believe we need to set a standard of rules for people to post in here. One week, there's an overabundance of Kobe related threads, the next, it's Lebron. I feel we need to establish an interactive set of guidelines for the maximum amount of threads that are related to the same subject.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    first things first, lol @ the opening post

second, i feel beef is becoming too prevalent in the cheap seats. beefs, like millz-one man and radaman-family values, are hilarious and certainly have a place here. but cs was built on quality posts and quality posters, not petty beef.
  • Tree Fiddy
    Tree Fiddy Members Posts: 1,294
    edited July 2010
    Options
    All this calling out posters by name ? is ? ? ? .

Unless you say my name, in which case is acceptable.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    ayo KOP, Chozen, Shitman, Radaman (yeah I accepted your apology), toheeb, Af.r.i.c.a, Poorallel Rhymes, ? Peagle and Bigb yalls input is valued here too. Yall's .gif game is an influential part of this forum and more than makes up for your lack of quality posts and constant cosignin and loling. If your name wasn't listed here, you probably aren't a good poster or are a terrible mod, but it is possible I didn't mention your name b/c it just slipped my mind. So feel free to post no more than once in this thread. thats all its gonna take to see if you matter.

Alright. We are all cool peoples. Have good knowledge of sports, and can usually post w/o bias. And what i just said has to be true b/c i'm top 3 DOA most objective poster here.

Its time to tweak some things from an operational standpoint. Any company must plan its 2nd step before it even takes its first. (word to the dude w/ the jordans) Popularity and good all around posting is taking place, but at some point we will experience the law of diminishing returns. At that time, we initiate step two. whatever that is, but I think its time to take this forum to the next level. We shall discuss what is right and wrong with the forum, offer suggestions on improvement, and what sort of new ideas we can offer or even talk about old Cheap Seats practices that we can bring back.

we welcome any suggestions from the customers, so lurkers sign up and drop some input.

Stringer Bell: you may record the minutes of this meeting, then scan the copy onto tinypic and post all over the IC.

lol at that shot
  • Tha Killa
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »

second, i feel beef is becoming too prevalent in the cheap seats. beefs, like millz-one man and radaman-family values, are hilarious and certainly have a place here. but cs was built on quality posts and quality posters, not petty beef.

Beef was definitely prevalent in previous incarnations of Cheap Seats, but now it's just cornier and more gimmicky/contrived. If a thread becomes too beef heavy, there is a sub-forum that was created solely for the purpose of hashing out and settling beefs. You can move those threads here Even though it's original purpose was for posters to initiate keystyle battles with other posters, I figured it could be used to mediate these petty conflicts as well.

Edit: *Insert Typical Feelings Caught Comment Here*
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If your name wasn't listed here, you probably aren't a good poster or are a terrible mod, but it is possible I didn't mention your name b/c it just slipped my mind. So feel free to post no more than once in this thread. thats all its gonna take to see if you matter.

Tha Killer wrote: »
    I believe we need to set a standard of rules for people to post in here. One week, there's an overabundance of Kobe related threads, the next, it's Lebron. I feel we need to establish an interactive set of guidelines for the maximum amount of threads that are related to the same subject.

ari31hi4.gif

shoulda made a post like this

Tree Fiddy wrote: »
    All this calling out posters by name ? is ? ? ? .

Unless you say my name, in which case is acceptable.

cause tree fiddy just got a seat
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    your avi just made me laugh.

u using that post as your one post to prove you mattered made me laugh
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »

When the season starts, one of the Heat fans should start an "Official Miami Thread", and most of the Lebron related stuff should go there. I tried my best to upped the "Official Lakers Thread" i started regularly during the season, and as u can see by the number of pages in the thread, most of the Kobe stuff went there. It will be difficult to reduce the Lebron threads, but its a start.
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? in the building.............
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? MATT
    point blank.
  • Tha Killa
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ari31hi4.gif

shoulda made a post like this

Since when do Cheap Seats ? NOT break the rules or cross the line?
  • Tree Fiddy
    edited July 2010
    Options

While I'm at the table, let me give out a talking point.

Free throws.

Shouldn't professional bballers shoot 100% from the line? I mean damn, how many free throws you gotta shoot before you get it right?

I mean, DAMN.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    ? MATT
    point blank.

lets get to the bottom of this nh. why do you feel this way about matt? lets talk about it
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

Beefs are cool as long as they dont get out of hand, or personal. Most of the beefs on here are usually funny.

The real problem in the CS is Africa's gambling problem, ? is getting out of hand. Dont get me started on Radaman's infatuation with the WNBA.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Somewhere Bilifinger mad as ? he aint get listed.....

Rules

1. Any thread debating a player or two against each other should be at least 3 paragraphs long to start and the thread starter must present, stats, facts, or another credible source to help back your claim up. If you fail to do so your thread gets locked.

2. If your favorite teams are all in different states and are consistent historically good teams IE Cowboys, Yankees, Lakers, your posts become irrelevant and no one shall quote them. We will acknowledge such posters as Radaman do his daughter.

Opinions

Shitman and Millz should remain mods until death or work takes place.

Any fan who proclaims the Heat as their NBA team should be banned

Stringer Bell is the Stuart Scott of cheap seats. ? dont got a lazy eye, but posts ? 2 months late that is just as useless and Mr. Scotts stats.
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options

i agree with everything in bold.

but nah. i think that the sports will finally take back over soon. Its comedy while the sports are at a stand still, for the most part. Its better than constant basketball topics that have already been discussed every day of every week or every month since radaman brought the cheapseats back.

but it does have to be kept to a minimum, and it does have to be a beef that everyone likes, nh.

But like the world famous song said, "we built this city on rock and roll" and sports is our rock and roll and our city is the cheap seats. that is the path we must take. As Moses walked the desert to the promised land, Shitman will walk the virtual desert to....? it i dont know
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Like already stated too much beefin, also I noticed the quality of posters has gone down I dont know if mods still have the ability to ban from this specific forum but certain posters should be put in timeout and given time to think about the stupid ? they posted. All I can think of right now
  • Tree Fiddy
    edited July 2010
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    Like already stated too much beefin, also I noticed the quality of posters has gone down I dont know if mods still have the ability to ban from this specific forum but certain posters should be put in timeout and given time to think about the stupid ? they posted. All I can think of right now

Dog you got like 800 posts and I can't name 1.

Keep that ? to yourself.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I dont care about all the other ? . I just come through to talk sports.....that being said I dont see a problem with anything in CS.
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Somewhere Bilifinger mad as ? he aint get listed.....

Rules

1. Any thread debating a player or two against each other should be at least 3 paragraphs long to start and the thread starter must present, stats, facts, or another credible source to help back your claim up. If you fail to do so your thread gets locked.

2. If your favorite teams are all in different states and are consistent historically good teams IE Cowboys, Yankees, Lakers, your posts become irrelevant and no one shall quote them. We will acknowledge such posters as Radaman do his daughter.

Opinions

Shitman and Millz should remain mods until death or work takes place.

Any fan who proclaims the Heat as their NBA team should be banned

Stringer Bell is the Stuart Scott of cheap seats. ? dont got a lazy eye, but posts ? 2 months late that is just as useless and Mr. Scotts stats.

word on the debating ?
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    u using that post as your one post to prove you mattered made me laugh

What will make you laugh even more is that i never actually read your original post and have no idea what this thread is about yet I still came out on top. All I do win win win win win.
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »

Beefs are cool as long as they dont get out of hand, or personal. Most of the beefs on here are usually funny.

The real problem in the CS is Africa's gambling problem, ? is getting out of hand. Dont get me started on Radaman's infatuation with the WNBA.

quit hatin on the WNBA doggy.......... ? gotta ball too.....
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I dont care about all the other ? . I just come through to talk sports.....that being said I dont see a problem with anything in CS.

thanks for that.