Madden developer Admits Legacy Flaws, Outdated Tech & Outlines Ball Physics Improvements.

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn, i didnt even know Ryan Moody still had a channel
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last Madden I bought was the one with Vick on it

DaMN that 2003 or 2004......Madden 05 was my ? tho
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Madden

? been a major letdown for about 7 years.

NCAA>>>
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't played a Madden since Ray Lewis was on the cover for PS2...

Last FB game I played was the NCAA one with Denard Robinson on the cover...

But they're still up to old tricks, how is is NCAA FB more advanced on PS2 than any of the ones released on PS3...

Fuckery...

Haven't played a sports game on my PS4 and have had it since launch...
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I've gotten over it. Its been 12 years since the last NFL2k, move on. I've had lots of fun with the last 3 games. Loved 16 on PS4. If ? wanna sit there with they arms crossed boycotting sports games go ahead, i'll be over here wit my franchises....
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I buy every other year or 3 year so don't bother me
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't played a madden heavy since like 08 or 09.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I buy madden every year. And will continue to. Me and my ? meet up like once a month and just play madden all damn day for money. I always win my money for the game back so it's not a big deal to me if it remains the same. I like it
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    ? Madden

? been a major letdown for about 7 years.

NCAA>>>
    And even they fell off. NCAA aint been fun to me since 2007 with Reggie Bush on the front.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't bought a Madden game since 2003.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whatever Vick was unstoppable on the Eagles was the last year I was heavy into it.

It's probably for the best, I would play online and get so ? furious.

Like I would be beating a guy and then lose connection cause they just turned their console off, and then I would message that person and call them a ? . Like it wouldn't be a tirade just "hey dude, you're a ? "
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't brought a Madden game since 2000 and I cried back then because it was the same ? as the year b4 it was 2k ever since ? Madden
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I buy my ? every other year or 2. Bought this year so probably won't get the next til 18 or 19
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I gave up on EA and Madden when the next gen came out and the games still felt and played like they did on PS3.

I'd had every madden since '91 on sega. But it seems like they got scared when 2K5 came out, bought the NFL rights so they wouldn't have competition, and have made lazy uninspired games ever since.
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Anyone remember how stupid that QB Vision thing was???

? I remember tying to play that as the Vikings and Tavaris Jackson's QB Vision was the width of about 2 pixel on the TV
    I actually thought that was a great concept and hope they bring it back.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    I buy madden every year. And will continue to. Me and my ? meet up like once a month and just play madden all damn day for money. I always win my money for the game back so it's not a big deal to me if it remains the same. I like it

Thats what madden us good for, it's arcade football. EA didnt realize the market for Sim fans outchea. They just wanted the money, still do. Why spend money on some new tech when people are gonna buy it anyway.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    I've gotten over it. Its been 12 years since the last NFL2k, move on. I've had lots of fun with the last 3 games. Loved 16 on PS4. If ? wanna sit there with they arms crossed boycotting sports games go ahead, i'll be over here wit my franchises....

This.

Although that catch ? in 16 was wack.. it was a pretty good game.. looking forward to 17, hate the yearly gimmick though.. but this one should even be better with the improvements made in presentation.... FINALLY and the core gaming experience
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Anyone remember how stupid that QB Vision thing was???

? I remember tying to play that as the Vikings and Tavaris Jackson's QB Vision was the width of about 2 pixel on the TV

in hindsight...that was a good feature

it was ahead of its time imo, and this is coming from someone who at the time, also hated it.

It changed the way you played the game and really made the "? camera" playable and more "believable, b/c you had to actually make reads. The problem was there was no balance to the defense as a dude could just pick the db that was in the area and still make a play on the ball so there was no real incentive to try and throw him off

to your point, i think they needed to tweak the vision field. I mean, true, Tavaris didnt have the vision of P.Manning (ya'll remember his? his cone went from sideline to sideline lol) but that shouldnt make him playable as a qb either.

this is one thing i wouldnt mind seeing make a return to madden. Actually added some resemblance of "skill" instead of just chucking the ball downfield
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I liked QB vision.

I was tired is seeing trash QBs making throws they know damn well they can't.