The Official 2010-11 Miami Heat Thread

Options

Comments

• Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    its def possible that they can reach around 72 but ill be realistic and say about 64. theres talk about this turning miami into a basketball town. while there might be a renewed interest of basketball within the city, miami will forever be a football town. from the pros to college to high school
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    They going to get to 65 wins sleepwalking.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Like the poster before me said those cats will sleepwalk to 60 wins hell LeBron got to 60 wins with a bunch of scrubs. So 60 plus wins is my answer. I think they'll start resting guys toward the end of the season. I don't think they'll walk through the East I think Boston and Orlando are going to pose problems for them. They're lack of quality bigs outside of Bosh might come back to haunt them.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    first game of the season- miami takes it talents to orlando's new arena
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    NBA lost for not scheduling Miami-Cleveland first, Miami-LA second, and Miami-Orlando third. The heat should have been the first three nationally televised games, Stern bout his money but he stupid.
  • joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    74 - 8.........
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    first game of the season- miami takes it talents to orlando's new arena
    W
    NBA lost for not scheduling Miami-Cleveland first, Miami-LA second, and Miami-Orlando third. The heat should have been the first three nationally televised games, Stern bout his money but he stupid.
    word
    joseph sun wrote: »
    74 - 8.........
    I say by year 3 they get a record that good.
  • shizza
    shizza Members Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I guarantee, somebody will get shot...

I wanna put money on it rite now. Whether it will be a fan, a cop, a player or the commentators.

Ima put money on it someone will get shot!!
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    that's not surprising, the clown who wore the LeBron Heat jersey in Cleveland at the game was pretty much sleeping with death if not for the boys in blue
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? get shot everyday b......
  • contemplate
    contemplate Members Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    and yet he didn't get a single finger laid on him
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    great thread bro..
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    radaman wrote: »
    ? get shot everyday b......
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LMAO he said the commentators....

ib4tl btw
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    great thread bro..

i can feel the sacasrm.....
  • shizza
    shizza Members Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    i can feel the sacasrm.....

lol rite??? Nah but 4real. i just wanted to have this thread on record so i can say i called it
  • radaman
    edited August 2010
    Options
    shizza wrote: »
    lol rite??? Nah but 4real. i just wanted to have this thread on record so i can say i called it

Cheap Seats.... where mergers happen..... bwhahahaha
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    shizza wrote: »
    I guarantee, somebody will get shot...

I wanna put money on it rite now. Whether it will be a fan, a cop, a player or the commentators.

Ima put money on it someone will get shot!!

Who are the chicks in the Avi?
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    * walks into thread*

*looks left... then right*

* takes a ? *

[IMG]http://maaadddog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/? .jpg[/IMG]
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    * walks into thread*

* takes a ? *

281160490921c2b1c98f9cb8914c43db61226fe1.gif
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • radaman
    edited August 2010
    Options
    * walks into thread*

* takes a ? *

Katt.gif
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/03/1758605/new-look-miami-heat-will-open.html
    The Heat, which assembled its own Big 3 this offseason, will open its regular season Oct. 26 against defending East champion Boston.

Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Chris Bosh and the new-look Miami Heat are poised to make their season debut against the NBA's reigning Big 3.

The Heat will open the 2010-11 season against the Boston Celtics on Oct. 26 at TD Garden, multiple league sources said Monday night.

The league will release a portion of the schedule Tuesday night during an hour-long special on NBA TV.

During the show, matchups will be announced for TNT's opening night double-header, as well as a slate of Christmas Day games on ABC and ESPN, and games played on the Jan. 17 Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.

The Heat-Celtics game opens a TNT double-header that will showcase the two-time defending champion Los Angeles Lakers in the second game. ESPN was working to secure the rights to Miami's home opener, which will be either the following night (Wednesday) or that Friday.

The league's television partners were still negotiating games Monday, and it's possible some opening week matchups could be shifted before the 7 p.m. start of the NBA TV show Tuesday.

The Heat is expected to play the maximum of 34 nationally televised games, with interest in the team spiking after Miami re-signed Wade and added James and Bosh in free agency. There has been no shortage of national criticism and scrutiny in the wake of the dynamic makeover.

MANY SUBPLOTS

There are plenty of subplots in play for the Heat-Celtics opener. Boston, the defending Eastern Conference champion, knocked off Wade and the Heat in five games during the first round of the playoffs. In the second round, the Celtics eliminated Cleveland in six games in what proved to be James' final appearance with the Cavaliers.

The game also features the battle of the respective Big 3s, with the Celtics' star-studded trio earning that nickname three seasons ago when Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen were traded to Boston to join Paul Pierce. The Celtics won the 2007-08 NBA title in their first season together.

Many expect the Heat to make a similarly quick run to a championship led by Wade, Bosh and James, the two-time reigning league Most Valuable Player who couldn't lead the Cavaliers to the NBA Finals the past two seasons.

The Celtics are also among a number of teams that publicly acknowledged the Heat's collection of star power, but stopped well short of conceding a division, conference or NBA title.

``They should be good, but they ain't done nothing yet,'' Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo told Yahoo! Sports last month. ``Miami looks really good on paper, and I'm sure they're going to be really good. But they still have to come together as a team. I'm not saying they won't, but who knows if those guys can jell.''

FUELED BY TRASH TALK

Wade, James and Bosh have kept track of everything that has been said or insinuated in recent weeks. They plan to use the talk as motivation.

``I'm going to have a lot of [bulletin board] stuff in my locker,'' James said during the Heat's July 9 introductory press conference in Miami. ``I like that. It's on.''

Wade said the Heat welcomes the challenge and the bull's-eye, at home and on the road this season.

The league will release its full 2010-11 schedule Aug. 10. The opener vs. Boston is one of several marquee games on the Heat's schedule. The more highly anticipated matchups include James' first visit to Cleveland, Bosh's first trip back to Toronto, Miami's game at Chicago and a potential Christmas Day showdown against the Lakers.

``I understand people are going to say stuff. And we accept it with open arms,'' Wade said. ``And even on the road, because every place is going to sell out when we come to town. So [opposing teams] can thank us now.''
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    First of all there is a miami heat thread

and

3629902461_b2e48ceb16.jpg?v=0
  • jrod44
    jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I aint the smartest man in the world but it looks to me like you taking a ? .

anyhow, Heat v Celtics on the road, thats some BS, we should have gotten a home game.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ^^^^Meanwhile u post head n ? threads...GTFOH. Who the ? r you.

Good job by the NBA to milk this (pause), espn probably has a countdown set up already smh
This discussion has been closed.