Have Y'all Ever Used AirBnB? What Are Your Experiences?

Options

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got a Marriott hookup.

But when you book a bnb spot are u actually staying with people or a spot they own and rent out?
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    I got a Marriott hookup.

But when you book a bnb spot are u actually staying with people or a spot they own and rent out?

A spot they own and rent out.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah the people you rent from wont be there with you lol

Used it twice in Chicago (once this past week) and it went well. Everything is usually as advertised. Just make sure you check what each place has (amenities wise).
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It depends on how you book on Airbnb. They have 3 options:

1. Entire apartment
    2. Shared room
    3. Private room

If you do option 1, you will get the place all to yourself but it will be the most expensive option.
    If you do option 2, you will be sharing a room with someone and it will be the cheapest option.
    If you do option 3, you will have your own private room; but there will be others in the place with you. Either other AIrbnb people or the owners themselves.

So it just depends on your budget and how comfortable you are. I have no problem with any of the options, because I use hostels as well.

But when I listed my own spot on Airbnb I listed it as an entire apartment because you earn the most with that option. Amen.
  • Mastery
    Options
    Yeah, I only book entire properties.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I seen one bnb for a bedroom... I was just wondering
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my cousin used airbnb for a trip to atlanta back in march. he rented a condo from some model/singer named cherae leri. this is what he got when he arrived in addition to her leaving her grandmother there

You got to read the reviews. If they got janky reviews, no go.

When I had mine on airbnb I used the handy app to schedule the cleaners to come in and clean whenever the recent guest checked out, so that it would be ready for the next guest to arrive. I included the cleaning charge in my Airbnb service fee. It was only $60. You got to take pride in your work, no matter what it is. Do unto others as you would want done unto you. It's that simple. Amen.
  • Mastery
    Options
    Reviews are the most important thing.

Maybe my standards are higher but if I read just ONE negative review, and I see no response from the owner that justifies that negative review, I'll keep looking.

I won't even entertain two negative reviews.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didn't some dude get ? by a ? he was a renting from
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    @Busta Carmichael

The best one? I rented a Penthouse in Uptown Dallas for 2 months. $157 a night... it was a steal. I had a party literally every week bruh. Ask @Cinco about it. He can attest to the sheer awesomeness of that Penthouse.
    Man that place was official
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Booked Air BnB for Paris and London this summer. Spending a week at each

My family uses it and only had issues with one place

My parents were in Istanbul and the A/C broke. My dad called because the owner didn't respond... They went to a hotel . Air BnB refunded the entire trip..,, hotel stay included. And I wouldn't even call that a real problem.....
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yeah, Used it a couple times in NY...
    it was ok...stayed their 2 separate times. Shorty house was "new york" clean...
    It did the job...

just make sure you give yourself enough time to book so you get a nice place.
    if I go back to NY on my own dime ima try to find a cleaner place.... My main thing is that they have a ? and span bathroom.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C/s the reviews part. U follow that u cant go wrong.
  • MsSouthern
    Options
    Make sure you read the reviews too

For me .....One bad review and I won't even consider the place
  • S2J
    Options
    Depends on what's in the bad review for me. Im well aware some people' s issues are ridiculous and would not affect me.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i used it once, but my girl at the time booked it. she's lightskinned. that was straight though, went to the beach with it and had no issues.

my dark skinned ass kept getting denied when i was trying to cop one out in LA a few weeks ago. ended up at a hotel
  • Mastery
    Options
    Never had an issue with race *shrug*
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Depends on what's in the bad review for me. Im well aware some people' s issues are ridiculous and would not affect me.

I'm like that too. I comb through all of the ratings. I've seen people give a one star and say something like "The pool closed at 9, so we didn't get to swim." I need to know how CLEAN it is. That's pretty much it.

...and if there are any aggressive cats.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    I need to look into this. Can u get these thing on a whim? I still don't have a spot for Vegas next month and I'm going to London in October. Are they used mainly for long or short stays?
  • MsSouthern
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    I need to look into this. Can u get these thing on a whim? I still don't have a spot for Vegas next month and I'm going to London in October. Are they used mainly for long or short stays?

It's whatever you need

I can let you know about the spot I'm staying in London when I get back.

It's a old revamped warehouse in Camden . I think for about $125 a night
  • MsSouthern
    Options
  • CEOFABRIC
    CEOFABRIC Members Posts: 167 ✭✭
    Options
    I'm hesitant due to fears that my fetishes and debaucheries will be caught on somebody's candid camera and use to blackmail me in the future.
  • S2J
    Options

? be so damn skeptical lol I feel like the Everest college ? , What u waitin for?!

Just go to the site, the rentals have calendars that show availability, also they don't list exact addresses but u can ask the owner and they reply, they also have a map that verifies exactly where the spot is and u can cross reference it. Ie if its in Miami at 8th and Collins goofle that. You can specify vegas strip only and eliminate off strip

Cmon fam you're a moderator on an internet forum u should be tech savvy
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

? be so damn skeptical lol I feel like the Everest college ? , What u waitin for?!

Just go to the site, the rentals have calendars that show availability, also they don't list exact addresses but u can ask the owner and they reply, they also have a map that verifies exactly where the spot is and u can cross reference it. Ie if its in Miami at 8th and Collins goofle that. You can specify vegas strip only and eliminate off strip

Cmon fam you're a moderator on an internet forum u should be tech savvy

I'm a lazy procrastinator, that is all but thanks anyway, ? lol