Snoop Dogg Says We Should Boycott "Roots"

_Goldie_
_Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
edited May 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy

Does he make a point or nah?

Snoop Dogg Says We Should Boycott "Roots" 60 votes

Yea, He made a point.
81%
mohamedMrMinimalistmrrealonedwade206vitoriadamnkpmiamivice305traestarcount  remysoul rattlerBelovedAfenipowerman 5000themadlionsfancoltonemaculatemetal face terroristkzzlKarl.Arya TsaddiqPILL_COSBY 49 votes
Hell Nah, Snoop needs to put the blunt down.
18%
fortyacresStoneColdMikeyMalcolm XtraLogic LastTrillfateLUClENMARIO_DROSplackavelliA Talented Onethe dukesterrayvongrayson 11 votes

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man he can eat a ?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, He made a point.
    GoldieTV wrote: »

Does he make a point or nah?
    Aren't yall tired of slave movies?

97dbe35acd_1458135588_Je-hebt-geen-idee-hoe-je-hier-bent-gekomen-maar-wat-was-het-een-mooie-nacht.gif

Been saying this. They dont hear you tho Snoop Lion....
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those scenes in Africa look dope.

I don't have a problem with slave films... I just have a problem with lack of variety...but its getting better

I'll check it out
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't watching that ? anyways....

Yeah I saw the original in 7th grade I don't need to see the new one 20+ yrs later.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, He made a point.
    Generally how a feel about those movies and shows. Never saw 12 years a slave, the butler none of that ? and never will. I gotta sit thru some ? historical take on how whites treated us like ? and then wait for the one or two white characters that has a change of heart and shows an act of kindness. Foh b. I don't ? with the whitewash ? like gods of Egypt or Exodus either.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally how a feel about those movies and shows. Never saw 12 years a slave, the butler none of that ? and never will. I gotta sit thru some ? historical take on how whites treated us like ? and then wait for the one or two white characters that has a change of heart and shows an act of kindness. Foh b. I don't ? with the whitewash ? like gods of Egypt or Exodus either.

Yeah I never seen none of that. I seen original Roots though. Dont know why its different except we watched it at school so I was there and it was on in class so I watched it guess thats the difference. That said personally I havent heard anything about it that made me think "boycott". I may watch it or not but thats my choice like everybody else. My threshold for boycotting and petitions and all that is high. Like Im not ? nilly with it it gotta be really extreme before Im thinking that.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They showed some clips during the commercial breaks of the game.

It looks like it shows us fighting back more instead of constantly being victimized.

Nothing compelling enough to make me wanna watch though.
  • KingFreeman
    Yea, He made a point.

Yeah I never seen none of that. I seen original Roots though. Dont know why its different except we watched it at school so I was there and it was on in class so I watched it guess thats the difference. That said personally I havent heard anything about it that made me think "boycott". I may watch it or not but thats my choice like everybody else. My threshold for boycotting and petitions and all that is high. Like Im not ? nilly with it it gotta be really extreme before Im thinking that.

I agree 100% its not necessarily about boycotting for me I'm not gonna sit here and tell other people what they should or shouldn't watch but there's certain ? I don't ? with in film and television and have no problem explaining why. My Korean homie was telling me to check for gods of Egypt the other day and I had to break down exactly why that was never going to happen.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell Nah, Snoop needs to put the blunt down.
    Lest we forget
  • KingFreeman
    Yea, He made a point.
    Copper wrote: »
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    WATCHIN ROOTS>LOVE N HIPHOP

You ? shouldn't be watching that ? either.

But nobodies boycotting that

Its not about boycotting or some kind of group think. You should just know and do better for self.
  • kid_khameleon
    kid_khameleon Members Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭
    I can see where he's coming from, the slave ? is overplayed. Though I think they should make a Tubman movie
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not about boycotting or some kind of group think. You should just know and do better for self.

So you don't agree with snoops boycott?
  • KingFreeman
    Yea, He made a point.
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Lest we forget

Lest we forget what? How we were slaves and we get the bio of the white guy that felt bad and didn't think it was right what was going on abd decided he had enough and was going to do something about it? Lol. Maaaaaannn.
    Whatever entertains you I guess.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, He made a point.
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Can we get a movie on Mansa Musa or King Tut with black people playing these roles.

A movie about sundiata, Akhenaten, or even nzingha would be goat man. These Caucs don't want to see us in power, even on a semihistorical basis smh
  • KingFreeman
    Yea, He made a point.

So you don't agree with snoops boycott?

I'm saying I don't need snoop to open my eyes to ? . I been not ? with that type of ? for years. Snoop nothing more than a talking head to me.
    Stay petty tho.