Snoop Dogg Says We Should Boycott "Roots"

Options

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, He made a point.
    5 pages of yall debatin about what the ? snoop dogg thinks!!?

really!!?

SNOOP. DOGG?!

He said some ? that we all been saying for a while.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, He made a point.
    I'm cool on the slaves narratives, unless somebody does with Spielberg did with Schindler's List and and Saving Private Ryan and show slavery in all of it's barbarity and sexual depravity. I want them to show the racist, white supremacist slavers for brutal, sadistic, and sexual perverse individuals that they were.

Show them in all of their murderous brutality when they killed us with impunity. Show them engaging in their twisted sexual fetishes that not only involved them ? women, but men and children also. Show the slavery breeding farms that existed during antebellum slavery.

With all of that being said, on July 18th, 2018 there is a movie coming out that's going to show black people in position light and in positions of power, and as the kings and queens we so desire. It's

latest?cb=20141029105019

So all of y'all that's complaining about all of these slave narratives that are coming out, I fully expect y'all to support Black Panther wholeheartedly and see it multiple times.

So the folks that's not rocking with slaves flicks are supposed to automatically rock with black super hero flicks?

I don't get the logic

Those want to see black people in power. There just needs to be a balance of both
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

really!!?

SNOOP. DOGG?!

He said some ? that we all been saying for a while.

but Snoop Dogg??
    but why 5 pages!!?

WHY ARE THERE NEW COMMENTS!? lol
  • sideon1984
    sideon1984 Members Posts: 144 ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Oh and here's where my respect for him went out the window
    https://youtu.be/eifbPhPw__w
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrrealone wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDe0zdu92DU

He made a point, but I do wish they would make more movies (a lot more) about us being kings/queens instead of focusing on us being slaves and always taking a beating.....
    Man Roland is doing exactly what he said he wasn't going to do. He's doing these videos because he knows they will go viral which in turn brings eyeballs to his show. That's cool and all but I think it's funny. There's no reason why Roland even needed to do that ? ... Roots is done, it's on tv, and it's successful. At the end of the day Snoop dropped his opinion and he has the right to do that. I guess Bill O'Reilly or Joe Scarborough were quiet on that day.. Roland stay calling them out.
  • rapmusic
    Options
    sideon1984 wrote: »
    Oh ? ... Smh
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    Hell Nah, Snoop needs to put the blunt down.
    snoop is a ? idiot.
  • sideon1984
    sideon1984 Members Posts: 144 ✭✭
    Options
    This is a link from 2013 where Roland is saying he wants to see more dynamics when it comes to AA films, so basically what Snoop was saying.
    http://newsone.com/2742115/black-movies-newsone-now/
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, He made a point.
    Snoop right. ? Roots 2.0.

I'm ? with this Magnificent Seven, with Denzel goin nuts on saltines out west.
  • rapmusic
    Options
    I'm crying at T.I. being in Roots. He sound like a ? from Atlanta in 2016 lol
  • rapmusic
    Options
    This is a link from 2013 where Roland is saying he wants to see more dynamics when it comes to AA films, so basically what Snoop was saying.
    http://newsone.com/2742115/black-movies-newsone-now/
    Of course he did that smh... Roland be tailoring hos rants to whatever is hot on twitter.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is there a roots thread.Snoop is buggin.This mini series was good and the youth need to see this.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, He made a point.

really!!?

SNOOP. DOGG?!

Snoop Dogg brought up an intresting topic discussion.
  • D0wn
    Options
    Yea, He made a point.
    loch121 wrote: »
    Is there a roots thread.Snoop is buggin.This mini series was good and the youth need to see this.

The ? we don't
  • D0wn
    Options
    Yea, He made a point.
    texas409 wrote: »
    I watched the first episode it was really good how they showed Kunta and his efforts to not become a slave. ? is tragic how the white man had many pitfalls for us to keep us enslaved. I couldnt take no more of it after he got his foot chopped off and then fast forwarded it in the future and next thing I hear is Kunta calling the white man ? ? was heart breaking how they made that man assimilate

Im sure that was very empowering.
  • D0wn
    Options
    Yea, He made a point.
    I love slave movies because without them white people will rewrite history and act like it wasn't that bad.

? don't understand how T.V, and images used to control and dictate society.
    Yet I digress...
  • D0wn
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yea, He made a point.
    We have an African American ? made president . Yet most of the movies, and shows made about blk ppl since, is some sterotypical bs or slave ? .
    And its the same type of slave movie.
    Nothing empowering. No revolts, nothing.

Our kids dont need to see a muthafucka getting his ass whipped for two hours, then watching his wife and daughter get ? for another 30 minutes, while the fumble mouth ? do nothing.

Them lil ? need to see stuff that empowers their minds. Ppl making changes and moves in society.

I remember watching the vanguard black panther flick, and having a discussion with my little bro, and how exciting he sounded, and proud he looked... I want ya to remember that. The feeling u get when u see blks do empowering ? , vs. When u see blks assed out...

And u can see why slave projects get green lit ALL the time.
  • NOLAQUEEN
    NOLAQUEEN Members Posts: 38
    Options
    People have a problem with Roots, really? Do you have a problem with the way women are portrayed in Hip-Hop around the world? How about how Hip-Hop reintroduces slave politicts such as the color caste system in regard to women? How about the way Black men are projected in Hip-Hop and this current drug culture thats mass promoted in Hip-Hop? But y'all got a problem with Roots?

Go to any college campus white males and females are reciting "? " more than their favorite rapper, but roots is the problem.

Oh ok.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, He made a point.
    3798962-4724566330-379887.jpeg
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    On the low, some of the parts I saw, I didnt watch close to all of it, made me wanna go even harder in things. Like it had a weird effect of being real inspiring. But it wasnt something I sat there and watched. More like flipped back and fourth some and watched scenes that I chose to watch. But what I saw made me wanna go harder and I was not excited about watching it I just happened to see some of it. But whatever. It came on, I saw some of it and it had an effect. Some of it was Powerful sht and kinda awesome actually. It didnt have deflating effect. Quite the opposite. And I have no bias I wasnt really feeling it going in. Like I said I only saw certain parts though at the same time.
  • D0wn
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yea, He made a point.
    NOLAQUEEN wrote: »
    People have a problem with Roots, really? Do you have a problem with the way women are portrayed in Hip-Hop around the world? How about how Hip-Hop reintroduces slave politicts such as the color caste system in regard to women? How about the way Black men are projected in Hip-Hop and this current drug culture thats mass promoted in Hip-Hop? But y'all got a problem with Roots?

Go to any college campus white males and females are reciting "? " more than their favorite rapper, but roots is the problem.

Oh ok.
    all those things u stated in your post are syptoms of being bombarded with sterotypical and slave imagery, that's by designed.

Us talking about an issue then u bringing up another issue is a clear deflective tatic.

• A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options

Oh ok.

As I said, these negros are confused.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options

You ? negros are something else.

You have no problem with these rappers constantly telling our kids that selling drugs/being a thug is cool, but then you have a problem with this. Smh.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yea, He made a point.

You ? negros are something else.

You have no problem with these rappers constantly telling our kids that selling drugs/being a thug is cool, but then you have a problem with this. Smh.

No, you muthafuckin sambos/saltines have lost it....or never ? got it. Or have just outright refused to acknowledge it.

You keep using some form of "black-on-black violence/degradation" into justifying supporting ? , from All Lives Matter horseshit, to shaming people for not liking the new Roots. FOH. Roots didn't need rebooting. Neither does most of the programming that's out now. It's lazy, it's uninnovative, and it shows clearly that black actors and actresses won't be thought of mostly than people who have to always "overcome some form of human injustice" to get ahead in the cinema world.

Like I said, ? new Roots. I'd rather watch Game of Thrones or the NBA Finals before this re-hashed ? .
  • NOLAQUEEN
    NOLAQUEEN Members Posts: 38
    Options

Oh ok.

As I said, these negros are confused.

It's because they lack accountability. Something is always the fault of others. There is always someone pulling the stings of blacks like puppets dictiating their behavior.

I have worked on various college campuses since 2007, and can honestly tell you this generation of Black people have no Black consciousness. They don't care about Blackness, Africa or anything. Discussing the history of Black people to them, and who we are as a people is like talking to a brick wall. They don't wanna hear any of it at all. They identify more with a multicultural approach. Where they group everyone in their struggle. Which I'm not surprised by, as most people who have been oppressed seek to identify with everyone. While "everyone" continue to identify with their own.

I believe the Obama presidency really blinded the minds of many Black people, which caused them to really believe we now live in a post racial society; all because a mixed race man became the president of the United States. Look at the statistics of interracial couplings, it increased greatly during the Obama presidency. Now that Obama is almost out of office, observe the current consciousness of Blackness thats projecting.

Truthfully, cases of Black men being killed by police never stop. Police terrorizing Black people in their neighborhoods ect... It never stopped. What stop was Black people and their focus to be interested in Blackness.

With a generation of young Black people who have their history so removed from their identity, who view Europe more as home, than Africa projects a need for shows like Roots to exist.