Snoop Dogg Says We Should Boycott "Roots"

Options
123457»

Comments

• OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NOLAQUEEN wrote: »
    People have a problem with Roots, really? Do you have a problem with the way women are portrayed in Hip-Hop around the world? How about how Hip-Hop reintroduces slave politicts such as the color caste system in regard to women? How about the way Black men are projected in Hip-Hop and this current drug culture thats mass promoted in Hip-Hop? But y'all got a problem with Roots?

Go to any college campus white males and females are reciting "? " more than their favorite rapper, but roots is the problem.

Oh ok.

Who you supposed to be?
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    We have an African American ? made president . Yet most of the movies, and shows made about blk ppl since, is some sterotypical bs or slave ? .
    And its the same type of slave movie.
    Nothing empowering. No revolts, nothing.

Our kids dont need to see a muthafucka getting his ass whipped for two hours, then watching his wife and daughter get ? for another 30 minutes, while the fumble mouth ? do nothing.

Them lil ? need to see stuff that empowers their minds. Ppl making changes and moves in society.

I remember watching the vanguard black panther flick, and having a discussion with my little bro, and how exciting he sounded, and proud he looked... I want ya to remember that. The feeling u get when u see blks do empowering ? , vs. When u see blks assed out...

And u can see why slave projects get green lit ALL the time.
    D0wn wrote: »
    We have an African American ? made president . Yet most of the movies, and shows made about blk ppl since, is some sterotypical bs or slave ? .
    And its the same type of slave movie.
    Nothing empowering. No revolts, nothing.

Our kids dont need to see a muthafucka getting his ass whipped for two hours, then watching his wife and daughter get ? for another 30 minutes, while the fumble mouth ? do nothing.

Them lil ? need to see stuff that empowers their minds. Ppl making changes and moves in society.

I remember watching the vanguard black panther flick, and having a discussion with my little bro, and how exciting he sounded, and proud he looked... I want ya to remember that. The feeling u get when u see blks do empowering ? , vs. When u see blks assed out...

And u can see why slave projects get green lit ALL the time.
    Its not about just black history. Roots is also a visual of white history too. Ppl get to see where white folks get their entitlement from. I watched the show and it was dope. A lot of things that happened then are hapenning now. Its not just about slavery, its about black unity, black love & how powerful we could be if we knew our african heritage. Id rather watch roots then listen too or watch any of the modern day ? ? y'all ? feed into
  • Scroter
    Scroter Members Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    ? slave movies and ? world war 2 movies too