Who would win in a 2 on 2? Jordan & Pippen vs Lebron & Kobe

Comments

• Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jordan & Pippen
    "Kobe is Kobe... But let's be honest, MJ is getting the upper hand of that matchup."

Why? With similar play styles they'd be going at it. Kobe did actually play against Jordan and he did pretty well for being so young.

I saw extensive footage of Jordan

I saw extensive footage of Kobe.

Jordan is getting the best of Kobe 1 on 1.

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited June 2016
    Jordan & Pippen
    ? reminds me of The Splash Bros vs Durant & Westbrook. Individually Durant & Westbrook are morr talented but the other side got one player who is better than both of them and the other who might not be first team with the rest but could be as deadly as his partner any given night and also has real great chemistry on the court.

Chemistry and intangibles will come a long way. Pippen might not be as strong as Lebron but he's only one inch shorter and probably is a big longer than Lebron too and I could imagine him dunking over Lebron also. Yall act like Pippen was a chump.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lebron & Kobe
    Kobe is the best 1v1 player of all-time.

LeBron will easily get the best of Pippen. LeBron can take him 1v1. Those guys you think can guard LeBron were slowing him down with a zone and teammates to cover the initial defender, that's not 1v1. Also Pippen's offense is a non-factor.

Easy win for Kobe and LeBron.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jordan & Pippen
    We not talkin starting a team, we talking halfcourt 2 on 2, which is essentially a glorified 1 on 1.

So going down he line:

No one could guard Jordan

Jordan AND Pippen could guard Kobe

Lebron i wouldn't trust mentally.

It'd boil down to Jordan vs Kobe and ...well *chuckle*

• mrtdb
    mrtdb Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lebron & Kobe
    don't assume Kobe would be on Jordan...

Put Lebron on Jordan and Kobe on Pippen...Kobe has the shot/skill to give Pippen issues...and Lebron and Jordan would just be interesting to watch.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Jordan & Pippen
    mrtdb wrote: »

Put Lebron on Jordan

grZAZ.gif

• d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Jordan & Pippen
    LeBron will easily get the best of Pippen. LeBron can take him 1v1.

pippen-o.gif
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    S2J wrote: »
    We not talkin starting a team, we talking halfcourt 2 on 2, which is essentially a glorified 1 on 1.

So going down he line:

What's that even mean? This is basically a pick up game. Not the NBA Finals.

If its Guard vs Guard/Forward vs Forward, I give the edge to Kobe/Lebron simply cause I dont see how Scottie can stop Lebron. Especially if they're going full court. Lebron's strength and athleticism is gonna wear Scottie down. Kobe doesnt have the athleticism to ? with Mike, but his mid range game is good enough to keep him from getting embarassed while Lebron handles Scottie.

People can say what they want about Lebron's 1-on-1 game, but who has the physical attributes to keep him from getting to where he wants to go on the court?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Lebron & Kobe

So going down he line:

So a prime Kobe can be guarded by one defender? Since when? He's dropped countless 50 point games, multiple 60 points games, and even an 81 point game... on TEAM DEFENSE. No ONE player can even begin to guard prime Kobe, Jordan, or even LeBron for that matter.

Pippen is the only one without a verified scoring arsenal. ? , given the context, this ? 's prime stats are atrocious. How you put up 22ppg in your best year? Ol' you MIGHT be an allstar ass ? . FOH! You hold a prime Kobe, LeBron, or Jordan to that garbage ppg average and you damn near shut them out.

Pippen's not even close to the level of the other players mentioned. Any combination you want to use, the team with Pippen will lose more times than not.
  • S2J
    edited June 2016
    Jordan & Pippen
    Bron gettin locked up by Igoudala...again. I'll take my chances with Pip

And i didnt stutter, Pippen could guard Kobe . And when i say guard, its 2 on 2. ? gon hit, but, just dont let him get more than 2 in a row. Bc when we get the ball back... None of them is stopping Mike :joy: And Pip spotting up for 3 with that perfect form. Meanwhile when Kobe cant back down Pip or mike he gon kick it to Bron---and Bron gon back up , wipe his hands, stutter step, n take a running start to throw up some fuckery

And aye yall gon stop puttin Kobe and that man Mike on the same level :joy: Knock it off
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lebron & Kobe
    So Pippen is a decent 3 point shooter now?

Lawd
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Best offense beats the best defense every time. So say mj and Kobe score damn near all the buckets. I'm taking Lebron rebounding over pippen more often than not. Edge = Kobe and Lebron
  • S2J
    edited June 2016
    Jordan & Pippen
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Lawd

33% career...That's probably EXACTLY known as decent oddly enough

But he couldnt shoot it his fist 4 years so that % is misleading . In his prime he shot 37 and 36% in a season. His avergaes also tanked at the end of his career with the ? up back

Dont you get tired of being wrong?
  • Peace_79
    edited June 2016
    Jordan & Pippen

... Meanwhile when Kobe cant back down Pip or mike he gon kick it to Bron---and Bron gon back up , wipe his hands, stutter step, n take a running start to throw up some fuckery

The funniest ? always has some truth to it...

749.gif

And aye yall gon stop puttin Kobe and that man Mike on the same level :joy: Knock it off

^This

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jordan & Pippen

And i didnt stutter, Pippen could guard Kobe . And when i say guard, its 2 on 2. ? gon hit, but, just dont let him get more than 2 in a row. Bc when we get the ball back... None of them is stopping Mike :joy: And Pip spotting up for 3 with that perfect form. Meanwhile when Kobe cant back down Pip or mike he gon kick it to Bron---and Bron gon back up , wipe his hands, stutter step, n take a running start to throw up some fuckery

Exactly ? in here talking bout who gonna stop Lebron from gettin in the lane. Turn the tv on, some ? named Andre is doing it, for the 2nd year in a row but Pippen can't D him up.
  • Peace_79
    edited June 2016
    Jordan & Pippen
    Lol. Bruh... They had Curry switched on Lebron like 3 times last night ...

Stephen ... Curry.

fc8daba0-e396-11e4-80b5-a15058a85bfe_SC41515.jpg

And I don't think the Cavs scored on any of those possessions.

Bron's IQ is off the charts, he's strong, quick, and ungodly athletic ... Dudes probably on Mt Rushmore of Basketball.

But y'all are vastly overrating his 1 on 1 ability- especially with his weak jumper and two of the best peremeter defenders of all time checking him.
  • Shizlansky
    Lebron & Kobe
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Lawd

33% career...That's probably EXACTLY known as decent oddly enough

But he couldnt shoot it his fist 4 years so that % is misleading . In his prime he shot 37 and 36% in a season. His avergaes also tanked at the end of his career with the ? up back

Dont you get tired of being wrong?

So LBJ hitting 34% of his 3s and you make sure to say he can't hit the 3

And hitting over 55% in the paint.

• coop9889
    edited June 2016
    What you ? are failing to realize is that a game of playground bball with only ONE teammate (meaning... no team defense, no double teams) Lebron's 1v1 game will be exponentially better than in a 5v5 nba finals game that's reffed.

• Shizlansky
    Lebron & Kobe
    coop9889 wrote: »
    What you ? are failing to realize is that a game of playground bball with only ONE teammate (meaning... no team defense, no double teams) Lebron's 1v1 game will be exponentially better than in a 5v5 nba finals game that's reffed.

? be crying about LBJ running over ? and not always getting he offensive foul. He treated Bogut like a lil ? and Iggy a cpl plays.

He would do the same to Pippen especially with no ref saying he pushing off

• coop9889
    Exactly. ? aren't considering the context of the proposed competition.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pippen can't guard Kobe
  • Logic Last
    Logic Last Members Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The taller team would win
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited June 2016
    Lebron & Kobe

Exactly ? in here talking bout who gonna stop Lebron from gettin in the lane. Turn the tv on, some ? named Andre is doing it, for the 2nd year in a row but Pippen can't D him up.

Word, Andre on his home court switching on (a past his prime) LeBron James with help defense and team assistance is equivalent to someone guarding a prime LeBron James 1v1 WITH NO HELP AT ALL.

The context is exactly the same SMH.
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all are bugging if you think Pippen can guard prime Kobe. We're talking bout Kobe from 03-07, Pippen is catching that work any and every way. I'm not saying that Pippen gets completely dominated, but he takes far more Ls than Ws checking Kobe in this scenario.