Who would win in a 2 on 2? Jordan & Pippen vs Lebron & Kobe

Comments

• Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Jordan & Pippen
    804 wrote: »
    Y'all are bugging if you think Pippen can guard prime Kobe. We're talking bout Kobe from 03-07, Pippen is catching that work any and every way. I'm not saying that Pippen gets completely dominated, but he takes far more Ls than Ws checking Kobe in this scenario.

Pippen would not be checking Kobe.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lebron & Kobe
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Y'all are bugging if you think Pippen can guard prime Kobe. We're talking bout Kobe from 03-07, Pippen is catching that work any and every way. I'm not saying that Pippen gets completely dominated, but he takes far more Ls than Ws checking Kobe in this scenario.

It's a 2v2 bruh.

He would end up checking Kobe too
  • Peace_79
    edited June 2016
    Jordan & Pippen
    Shizlansky wrote: »

It's a 2v2 bruh.

He would end up checking Kobe too

Of course he would - but not primarily.

2 on 2 makes it a lot easier to stay with your man as opposed to 5 on 5 where you can run complex sets with multiple picks and action all over the court
  • Lovebabois
    Lovebabois Members Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Lebron & Kobe
    This Pippen is overrated
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Jordan & Pippen
    Pippen is underrated especially on defense.
  • d.green
    Jordan & Pippen
    CgHALfgVAAEtvdR.jpg
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

Jordan is catching work too trying to guard Kobe(bring on the nosigns). On an island vs Kobe is a very difficult place to be. This game would basically turn into Jordan and Kobe going at it, with Pippen and Bron playing D and grabbing boards.
  • Peace_79
    Jordan & Pippen
    Pippen can't guard Kobe

Pippen would contain him. One of the main reasons he's in the Hall.

What are they supposed to do with Mike???
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    Bron gettin locked up by Igoudala...again. I'll take my chances with Pip

And i didnt stutter, Pippen could guard Kobe . And when i say guard, its 2 on 2. ? gon hit, but, just dont let him get more than 2 in a row. Bc when we get the ball back... None of them is stopping Mike :joy: And Pip spotting up for 3 with that perfect form. Meanwhile when Kobe cant back down Pip or mike he gon kick it to Bron---and Bron gon back up , wipe his hands, stutter step, n take a running start to throw up some fuckery

And aye yall gon stop puttin Kobe and that man Mike on the same level :joy: Knock it off

Exactly ? in here talking bout who gonna stop Lebron from gettin in the lane. Turn the tv on, some ? named Andre is doing it, for the 2nd year in a row but Pippen can't D him up.

Word, Andre on his home court switching on (a past his prime) LeBron James with help defense and team assistance is equivalent to someone guarding a prime LeBron James 1v1 WITH NO HELP AT ALL.

The context is exactly the same SMH.

LeBron is past his prime????
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jordan & Pippen

And i didnt stutter, Pippen could guard Kobe . And when i say guard, its 2 on 2. ? gon hit, but, just dont let him get more than 2 in a row. Bc when we get the ball back... None of them is stopping Mike :joy: And Pip spotting up for 3 with that perfect form. Meanwhile when Kobe cant back down Pip or mike he gon kick it to Bron---and Bron gon back up , wipe his hands, stutter step, n take a running start to throw up some fuckery

And aye yall gon stop puttin Kobe and that man Mike on the same level :joy: Knock it off

Exactly ? in here talking bout who gonna stop Lebron from gettin in the lane. Turn the tv on, some ? named Andre is doing it, for the 2nd year in a row but Pippen can't D him up.

Word, Andre on his home court switching on (a past his prime) LeBron James with help defense and team assistance is equivalent to someone guarding a prime LeBron James 1v1 WITH NO HELP AT ALL.

Oh now Lebron past his prime? You ? is just reaching for anything now.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jordan & Pippen

Jordan is catching work too trying to guard Kobe(bring on the nosigns). On an island vs Kobe is a very difficult place to be. This game would basically turn into Jordan and Kobe going at it, with Pippen and Bron playing D and grabbing boards.

So...we are in agreement its Team Jorsan,ftw. Idgaf about 'catching work' Mike will get a stop then abuse Kobe
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Jordan & Pippen

Of course he is, what you mean. Dont get that confused with he ass but he can no longer do things he's done his whole career = past prime.

Take a look at his Pistons 2007 performance or Boston game 6. He couldn't do that now if he wanted. Bron gettin stuffed at the rim by Byombo and Draymond
  • d.green
    edited June 2016
    Jordan & Pippen

You don't think so?

If his prime is what we are seeing vs GS then Pippen would definitely lock dude up.
    Iggy and Draymond not even close to Pip on defense.
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

So...we are in agreement its Team Jorsan,ftw. Idgaf about 'catching work' Mike will get a stop then abuse Kobe

It's just that simple cuz you said so, huh? If you think Kobe can't get a stop or Jordan ain't missing you are delusional.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lebron & Kobe
    d.green wrote: »

Lol the other way around. Pippen is overrated, especially on defense. That ? was not that good. Y'all just don't want to give Jordan his props, so you act like Pippen was 1b. Realistically speaking that ? was like 4th with Jordan being 1 and 2 and Phil Jackson being 3rd lol.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Lebron & Kobe

How is LeBron NOT past his prime. Do y'all even watch NBA basketball?
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lebron & Kobe
    Pippin underrated but he has nothing for kobe and Jordan not locking him at all either. LeBron big ass makes it overkill.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jordan & Pippen

Lol the other way around. Pippen is overrated, especially on defense. That ? was not that good. Y'all just don't want to give Jordan his props, so you act like Pippen was 1b. Realistically speaking that ? was like 4th with Jordan being 1 and 2 and Phil Jackson being 3rd lol.

Pippen was 8X All NBA 1st Team Defense. FOH wit that overrated ? .
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Lebron & Kobe
    Folks forgot a prime younger Lebron getting Locked up by an older Bruce Bowen or a Prime Kobe getting locked up by Tayshawn Prince both happened in the Finals (and neither are no where near Pippen's level).
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Lebron & Kobe
    I went with LeBron and Kobe only because I think LeBron slightly outmatches Pippen offensively in one on one.

There would LITERALLY be NO DIFFERENCE between MJ and Kobe. I don't even know who would outscore who offensively. Or better yet, who would stop who defensively?

I think after every MJ/Kobe score, Christ Bynum should just appear to remind us all that this ain't real life.
  • d.green
    edited June 2016
    Jordan & Pippen
    Did people even watch Pippen play? Pippen is considered one of the best defenders ever. He could lockdown PGs to big men.

If Bowen and Iggy can putt Lebron in cuffs and allow Jason Terry and Stevenson get in his head....c'mon man.

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did people even watch Pippen play? Pippen is considered one of the best defenders ever. He could lockdown PGs to big men.

If Bowen and Iggy can putt Lebron in cuffs and allow Jason Terry and Stevenson get in his head....c'mon man.

Name some of these pg's and big men he locked down and don't say mark jackson.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Lebron & Kobe

Pippen was 8X All NBA 1st Team Defense. FOH wit that overrated ? .

Kobe was 9X NBA 1st Team Defense, as was Michael Jordan. So by your logic Pippen is the 3rd best defender out of the 4 listed.

Makes you wonder, why are we talking about him again? Oh yeah, because he's OVERRATED.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Lebron & Kobe
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Folks forgot a prime younger Lebron getting Locked up by an older Bruce Bowen or a Prime Kobe getting locked up by Tayshawn Prince both happened in the Finals (and neither are no where near Pippen's level).

This is the last time I point this out, as I refuse to attempt to discuss anything with people that lack critical thinking skills and basic comprehension.

Guarding someone with help defense, zones, and teammate assistance is NOT EQUIVALENT to guarding someone 1V1 WITH LIMITED TO NO HELP. They're not even REMOTELY CLOSE. That is what we are talking about IN THIS THREAD.

Not to mention they throw multiple defenders at superstars to give them a different look, as good offensive players start to slowly pick apart the defender. This also gives the original defender rest as defense is very taxing, so great offensive players are met with a bunch of hurdles they have to overcome to continue their dominance.

In short, your comparison is garbage.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    You make the worst ? threads
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Someone lock this
    Trollio wrote: »
    Smh