Options
    There's going to be a Catholics vs Convicts 30 for 30
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    SEC dominating track & field too I see.

Cko3HfNWEAA631e.jpg

Damn happy Texas A&M didnt win. There track coach left LSU because basketball and football got a upgrade in facilities. They told him to wait another two years. He dipped and the assistant is holding it down.
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GO GATA!!!

The squad about to turn some heads this year especially on offense, ? Saban know what it is.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Basically means THE U so much the best in college football to do it we going to have 3 30 for 30 episodes so far!!!
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Basically means THE U so much the best in college football to do it we going to have 3 30 for 30 episodes so far!!!
    maxresdefault.jpg
    tumblr_mj3it4qYFb1retk9go1_400.gif

• southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Devin Duvernay supposed to be on campus visiting today, hope we can make a good impression and convince him to bring his talents to Austin

I heard they rescheduled to this weekend so he can have more time on campus.

Looks like its back down to Texas and TCU, OU no longer in consideration

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ONE-HAND-INT.gif

MThompson1.jpg?w=620&h=413&fit=max

flacatch.0.gif

[img]https://photos.smugmug.com/Gator-Football-2014/Florida-Gators-versus-Kentucky/i-DMkhFK2/0/L/Florida-Gators-defensive-lineman-Bryan-? ,-Jr.-Florida-Football-2014-Kentucky-The-Swamp-leaps-obertime-crazy-L.jpg[/img]

0436557416_16031518_8col.jpg

Went a step further than most expected last season, time to make that leap to SEC Champs this year.

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    ONE-HAND-INT.gif

flacatch.0.gif

[img]https://photos.smugmug.com/Gator-Football-2014/Florida-Gators-versus-Kentucky/i-DMkhFK2/0/L/Florida-Gators-defensive-lineman-Bryan-? ,-Jr.-Florida-Football-2014-Kentucky-The-Swamp-leaps-obertime-crazy-L.jpg[/img]

Went a step further than most expected last season, time to make that leap to SEC Champs this year.

The way the SEC East is looking anyone can win it.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    ONE-HAND-INT.gif

flacatch.0.gif

Nov 26 avi bet? I can't wait.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Big Ten won’t be leaving ESPN for another network. The conference re-upped with ESPN, signing a six-year deal worth $190 million per season for just half the rights. The other half of the conference’s rights are going to Fox Sports, which is paying the Big Ten roughly $240 million per each season.

CBS also is sticking with the Big Ten, renewing their hoops-only package for $10 million per year. Put it all in a blender, and you’ve got a six-year, $2.64 billion rights deal for the conference that averages $440 million per season. That’s nearly triple than the $150 million per year ESPN alone was paying this past season, and more than four times the $100 million ESPN was paying when they started their current contract with the conference in 2006.

Sports Business Daily also notes some of the important, less mainstream details of the contracts, most notably that the Big Ten Championship Game will remain on Fox and that Fox gets the first choice of which games to air.

The difference between the two packages is that Fox Sports will carry the Big Ten football championship game every season, which is a strong draw each December. Fox also will have game selection advantages over ESPN, which almost certainly means that the coveted Michigan-Ohio State rivalry will move to Fox most years.

Before each season, the networks will pick the weeks where they get first choice of games. Fox will have the first pick every year; ESPN will have the second; Fox will have the third, and so on.

ESPN will carry Big Ten football games on ABC, ESPN and ESPN2. ESPNU will see far fewer Big Ten games than it has in the past.

Like Fox, ESPN will air 25 football games and 50 basketball games in their half of the package, while the semifinals and finals of the Big Ten basketball tournament will remain on CBS with their new deal with the conference.

• Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big Ten football boring af
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really looking forward to more Penn St/Maryland 11 am games.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dam the Big 10 cashed the ? out.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao at getting caught with a weapon and saying no evidence.

Bama broke them boys off.
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FSU had a good recruiting weekend...
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pat Haden, who will officially step down as USC’s athletic director on June 30, used his position on a foundation to enrich himself and his family while he also funneled a vast majority of scholarship money towards USC and away from other schools, according to an investigation by the Los Angeles Times.

As a board member of the George Henry Mayr Foundation, Haden is allowed to steer the foundation in whatever direction he wants to. However, making himself richer while his foundation faces a declining donor base goes against everything Mayr stood for. Furthermore, it appears that Haden used his position atop the charitable organization to give money to his own employer, USC athletics.
    The Times pulled tax returns from every year of Haden’s time as a board member, and they show that Haden has redirected about 10 percent of the Foundation’s endowment toward his family. Tax returns are only available from 1999 to 2014, but they show a consistent pattern of Haden paying himself large sums for little to no work:
    Under Haden’s leadership as board chairman, however, the $25-million foundation became a lucrative source of income for him and two of his family members — even as its scholarship spending plunged to a three-decade low and the size of its endowment stagnated, a Times investigation has found.

Haden, his daughter and sister-in-law together collected about $2.4 million from the foundation for part-time roles involving as little as one hour of work per week, according to the foundation’s federal tax returns for 1999 to 2014, the most recent year available.

Half of that, about $1.2 million, went to Haden. His annual board fees have been as high as $84,000; the foundation paid him $72,725 in 2014.
    When the Times asked a law professor to put the payments in context, he said, “I’ve never heard of fees that large.” Another professor said that the payments would be uncommonly high for a foundation with twice the endowment. The George Henry Mayr Foundation has no office, no staff, no website, and a history of not paying its directors. It’s also been fairly balanced about its donations, but under Haden, more money has been redirected to USC every year to the point that the school now receives more than every other recipient combined. Not only did he mostly give money to USC scholarship aid, he paid around $255,000 to USC athletics, an even clearer ethical misstep.

Pat Haden, who will officially step down as USC’s athletic director on June 30, used his position on a foundation to enrich himself and his family while he also funneled a vast majority of scholarship money towards USC and away from other schools, according to an investigation by the Los Angeles Times.

As a board member of the George Henry Mayr Foundation, Haden is allowed to steer the foundation in whatever direction he wants to. However, making himself richer while his foundation faces a declining donor base goes against everything Mayr stood for. Furthermore, it appears that Haden used his position atop the charitable organization to give money to his own employer, USC athletics.

The Times pulled tax returns from every year of Haden’s time as a board member, and they show that Haden has redirected about 10 percent of the Foundation’s endowment toward his family. Tax returns are only available from 1999 to 2014, but they show a consistent pattern of Haden paying himself large sums for little to no work:

ADVERTISEMENT

Under Haden’s leadership as board chairman, however, the $25-million foundation became a lucrative source of income for him and two of his family members — even as its scholarship spending plunged to a three-decade low and the size of its endowment stagnated, a Times investigation has found.

Haden, his daughter and sister-in-law together collected about $2.4 million from the foundation for part-time roles involving as little as one hour of work per week, according to the foundation’s federal tax returns for 1999 to 2014, the most recent year available.

Half of that, about $1.2 million, went to Haden. His annual board fees have been as high as $84,000; the foundation paid him $72,725 in 2014.
    When the Times asked a law professor to put the payments in context, he said, “I’ve never heard of fees that large.” Another professor said that the payments would be uncommonly high for a foundation with twice the endowment. The George Henry Mayr Foundation has no office, no staff, no website, and a history of not paying its directors. It’s also been fairly balanced about its donations, but under Haden, more money has been redirected to USC every year to the point that the school now receives more than every other recipient combined. Not only did he mostly give money to USC scholarship aid, he paid around $255,000 to USC athletics, an even clearer ethical misstep.

Haden refused comment to the Times, as did Wells Fargo, who manages the endowment. Their investigation gets into the history of the foundation, which began its activities in 1949 with a $3-million endowment and stated in its charter “that disbursements be used ‘exclusively’ to provide scholarships and pay incidental expenses for ‘deserving, needy and worthy young men and women.’” Haden’s skimming off the top in the face of decreasing donations isn’t technically illegal, but it goes against the spirit of the foundation. As one of George Mayr’s relatives told the Times: “Under no circumstances would Mr. Mayr agree to pay money like that to individuals.”
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm glad they didn't get In trouble though.
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Who gon throw him the ball? I don't ? wit UT but I want Charlie to do good...is that freshman gon be ready?
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J. Will wrote: »

Who gon throw him the ball? I don't ? wit UT but I want Charlie to do good...is that freshman gon be ready?

Hopefully Shane Buechele is the answer we've been looking for, hes looked good so far but its going to come down to how confident the staff is in giving him the keys to the offense
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hopefully Shane Buechele is the answer we've been looking for, hes looked good so far but its going to come down to how confident the staff is in giving him the keys to the offense

damn what happened to Swoopes tho?
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

damn what happened to Swoopes tho?

He still there, but the freshman is gonna beat him out for the job. Says a lot considering that Swoopes is a senior.