NFC North will dominate the NFL this year

sickbizzle
sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
i'm loving it over here watching everybody sleep on the Bears... let alone i don't think people are prepared for how much the NFC North will dominate the rest of the NFL this year.

Vikings are Super Bowl contenders, Packers are a serious playoff threat even though they took a hit on Defense, the Bears will be better than they were in 2007 - when they went to the Super Bowl, and even the Lions will upset a few of ya'lls teams that you'll be assuming will beat Detroit and who will need that extra win - think the Redskins, 49ers - some of you out there will be mad when your team fails to beat the Lions you heard it here first so don't act surprised.

this division is so good it's likely that the Bears will be going to the playoffs while in 3rd place in their own division.

you've been warned...

Comments

• rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    the Bears???

THE BEARS???
  • sickbizzle
    edited July 2010
    yes, Bears will be in 3rd place and still make the playoffs. that's how good this division is.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I've heard of repping a team, but An ENTIRE CONFERENCE?

If your favorite team is among those 4 then they're all your rivals. SMH, back to sleep.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I've heard of repping a team, but An ENTIRE CONFERENCE?

If your favorite team is among those 4 then they're all your rivals. SMH, back to sleep.

True.. if my Saints don't win, im damn sure not hopeing the Falcons, Bucs, or Panthers do
  • sickbizzle
    edited July 2010
    how am i hopin these other team's win? ya'll simpleminded as hell sometimes i swear you'll ignore anything in case you can criticize some ? rather than have a real discussion. i ain't reppin just tellin an opinion and attempting to open some much needed NFL talk around here. go ahead and offer me a retort and tell me who is a better division this year - if not then move the ? along.
  • sickbizzle
    edited July 2010
    i swear that ? is about as senseless as it gets. yea i'll really be rooting for the Vikings, Packers and Lions this year even though that'll be 6 ? losses for my team and pretty much a failed season. I'd love nothing more than the Bears to be in some ? ass division like the Falcons and Saints though - too bad the harsh reality is this is the best division in 2010.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    sickbizzle wrote: »
    how am i hopin these other team's win? ya'll simpleminded as hell sometimes i swear you'll ignore anything in case you can criticize some ? rather than have a real discussion. i ain't reppin just tellin an opinion and attempting to open some much needed NFL talk around here. go ahead and offer me a retort and tell me who is a better division this year - if not then move the ? along.

AFC South, AFC East, NFC East.
  • sickbizzle
    edited July 2010
    you're reaching, only one i might give you is the AFC South but there's a lot of questions there.\

AFC East - you got the Jets and Patriots, can't give you that Vikings and Packers will be better and the Bears better than the sorry ass Dolphins and Bills

AFC South - maybe, this is a good one. Colts is clearly on par or better than the Vikings. but the other 3 teams could flop and go either way. i'd still probably put my money on the NFC North but it's plausible

NFC East - FOH! all you got is the Cowboys. how soon we forget, did you blackout or is it to painful a memory what the Vikings did to the Cowboys last year? and Packers > Giants or Redskins easily. Eagles will be garbage.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I can't argue with this. well at least for the top 3 teams. GB and Minnesota are going to be good again. That is if Sindey Rice isn't a 1 year wonder and Henderson can bounce back from his injury, and i thing 1 of the Williams' brothers is suspended for part of the season. I think the bears can win 10-11 games, but Matt Forte will HAVE to return to his rookie form and run for better than 3.4 yds/carry or whatever it was for most of last season. I dont care if they have Chester Taylor or not. And i hate to see my guys from Carolina, Chris Harris and Peppers leave, but I think they'll greatly improve the Bears defense (although Harris wont do much for you in pass coverage, and Peppers wont do anyting for about 40% of the game).
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    i'm loving it over here watching everybody sleep on the Bears... let alone i don't think people are prepared for how much the NFC North will dominate the rest of the NFL this year.

Vikings are Super Bowl contenders, Packers are a serious playoff threat even though they took a hit on Defense, the Bears will be better than they were in 2007 - when they went to the Super Bowl, and even the Lions will upset a few of ya'lls teams that you'll be assuming will beat Detroit and who will need that extra win - think the Redskins, 49ers - some of you out there will be mad when your team fails to beat the Lions you heard it here first so don't act surprised.

this division is so good it's likely that the Bears will be going to the playoffs while in 3rd place in their own division.

you've been warned...

I don't have the faith other people have in the Vikings because they're assuming Brett's gonna come back at 40+ years old and have a repeat performance of one of the best seasons of his career. And I'm not caught up in all the AP hype...he's not the 1st or 2nd best RB in the NFL like people say (Don't get me wrong, he's good). He only ran for 100+ 3 times last year. Once against the respected Ravens D...the other 2 vs Detroit and Cleveland.

Packers lost in the playoffs because the other team scored 51 points...they can't afford a hit on defense. And I dunno how they drafted, but you're not winning a superbowl with an offensive line that weak, and a defense givin up points like that.

Bears aren't gonna be better than they were the SB year. Defense is getting old , running game fell off, Hester's not returning like that anymore, receivers aren't as good. QB got better, even tho Cutler's overhyped.

Lions will be better, but they still got work to do.

Props to you for starting a good football thread though...we need more of this.
  • sickbizzle
    edited July 2010
    ^^
    nice break-down. i agree with you about the Packers and i hope that's the case. but amongst the media and even a lot of posters here they are Super Bowl pics. we'll just have to see.

as for the Bears, Tommie Harris and Urlacher are both supposed to be the most rested and healthy than since the 2006 season. assuming they are both effective and you add another Pro-Bowl LB and Julius Peppers, the Defense could really be serious. there's hype about Matt Forte returning to form - i'm not buyin in yet, but it's there. i think the offense will be decent and at least as good as the ? the Bears were serving up in 2006 - but i really think the Defense will be as good or better and that will put them > .500 and enough to get into the post season and save Lovie's job (unfortunately, probably).

as for the Vikings i see no reason to believe they will be worse than they were last year barring injury of course.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    ? I had the Vikings going all the way last year. That team was stacked from top to bottom. But obviously they didn't get the job done. I dunno, if Favre comes back I got the Vikes again. A lot of people said Favre wasn't going to do ? last year and what did the old gun slinger do? He had one of the best seasons of his NFL career. I feel he comes back, he won't have a season like he did last year but he also won't have a bad one. This is the team that should of been in the superbowl instead of the Saints. Honestly, i'm juz glad football season is right around the corner!
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    ^^
    nice break-down. i agree with you about the Packers and i hope that's the case. but amongst the media and even a lot of posters here they are Super Bowl pics. we'll just have to see.

as for the Bears, Tommie Harris and Urlacher are both supposed to be the most rested and healthy than since the 2006 season. assuming they are both effective and you add another Pro-Bowl LB and Julius Peppers, the Defense could really be serious. there's hype about Matt Forte returning to form - i'm not buyin in yet, but it's there. i think the offense will be decent and at least as good as the ? the Bears were serving up in 2006 - but i really think the Defense will be as good or better and that will put them > .500 and enough to get into the post season and save Lovie's job (unfortunately, probably).

as for the Vikings i see no reason to believe they will be worse than they were last year barring injury of course.

The additions on D will help the Bears D, but i'm not sure if it'll take them back to the SB year level.

There's no real reason for the Vikings to fall off, but it just seemed like last year was the year everything clicked for them (Like Favre's miracle wins early in the season). But I just don't think he's gonna come back being that Brett again.