The Official 2010-2011 College Footbal Thread

Options
HustleThaDon
HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Alright CS, we're about a month from the first games of the season. What team yall reppin? Also what are your expectations for said team?
Let's get it....

Texas_Longhorns_ut5_large.jpg&t=1

Obviously the biggest question for the Longhorns is how Gilbert Garrett will fare in is first season as the starter. After playing for Colt McCoy in the NC he showed flashes that he's capable of running the show, but that still remains to be seen. Also, minus Colt, the running game has been a non-factor the last couple years. Gilbert is not as much of a Dual-threat so in order for UT to compete they gotta establish some type of ground game. Defense I'm not to worried about. We lost some good players but there is plenty of talent and expierience on that side of the ball with Sam Acho, Curtis Brown, Aaron Williams and Blake Gideon.

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If UNC doesn't lose any players. I see us winning the ACC. I'm going to the LSU/UNC game in Atlanta, primetime on ESPN to kickoff the season. cant wait. our defense is gonna be top 5 nationally, offense is shaky but as long as we limit the turnovers, we'll be fine
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    If UNC doesn't lose any players. I see us winning the ACC. I'm going to the LSU/UNC game in Atlanta, primetime on ESPN to kickoff the season. cant wait. our defense is gonna be top 5 nationally, offense is shaky but as long as we limit the turnovers, we'll be fine

Isn't Marvin Austin already done?
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    Isn't Marvin Austin already done?

not officially...there are rumors that say he'll be suspended for the season, but nothing has been formally announced