Options
13»

Comments

• youngnick
    youngnick Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ShadyTeam wrote: »
    But in the real world worldwide and all over America people think The Slim Shady Lp, The Marshall Mathers LP & The Eminem Show & possibley Recovery are certified classics

No one will ever say any Jay Z Album is classic apart from Reasonable Doubt

Uh, no. No one will say Em has more than 1 classic, you're just a delusional stan.
    8822 Members Posts: 142
    edited July 2010
    Options
    jay-z easily, but i still like em as well.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    But in the real world worldwide and all over America people think The Slim Shady Lp, The Marshall Mathers LP & The Eminem Show & possibley Recovery are certified classics

No one around my way talks about Eminem like that, which is what people in here are saying, no one around each of these posters neighborhoods are hearing Eminem being discussed. So how would people be considering those albums classics if no one around our neighborhoods are hearing Eminem being talked about? Maybe Em is the talk all around the UK when it comes to hip hop but in the United States ? is different. Oh and BP, Black Album, AG, Vol 1 are in discussion based on conversations I hear around my way.
  • EmbezzelJayR
    EmbezzelJayR Members Posts: 1,052
    edited July 2010
    Options

I Co-sign to this I think all the albums you listed were classic IMO but Jay Z has more of a catalog.
    Just saying.
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited July 2010
    Options
    is this even a question? Eminem's albums have been spaced out too horribly to have the best catalog. You can't go 8 years without a good album and still have a "good catalog", hell hov had 2 arguable classics between 2002 and 2010...and has released an album every year since 1996 excluding his retirement years (or just '05 and '06 if you include that collision course stuff) and obama '08. Consistency is key.....
  • jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited July 2010
    Options
    is this even a question? Eminem's albums have been spaced out too horribly to have the best catalog. You can't go 8 years without a good album and still have a "good catalog", hell hov had 2 arguable classics between 2002 and 2010...and has released an album every year since 1996 excluding his retirement years (or just '05 and '06 if you include that collision course stuff) and obama '08. Consistency is key.....

Not only that but no one, with a brain, even mentions a Eminem album when discussing classic material. Come one with this moronic thread...
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

And this is false because in ya poll that you set up ppl voted on Reasonable Doubt, BP1, and the BA as certified classics, with Vol 1 and Dynasty as honorable mention, and that's just not here but else where as well
  • ShadyTeam
    ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I Co-sign to this I think all the albums you listed were classic IMO but Jay Z has more of a catalog.
    Just saying.

Yeh

The real world>>>>>>>>
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Wowwwww...................
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited July 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    I never thought about it like that, he probably has alot of fans
    who like him just because he is a racist redneck that hates ni99ers

I wonder how many times he used the word "Black girl" and "Black guy" in that Foolish Pride song
    I cant support a racist rapper.

that wrangler kurt angle sneaker rockin redneck capo is a perfect xample of that!
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    This is the typical Eminem fan

Tony '' Paul, i'm gonna get that new Em album, i heard it rocks"

Paul" I know dude, i heard he ? his wife again and made fun of Lady Gaga"

Goes to the store........

Cashier " Oh you baught that new Em, you should check out the new Tech Nine and Sticy Fingaz too"

Paul " sorry i don't listen to hiphop, besides Em and Beastie"
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Jay-Z/...........
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i prefer jay's.
  • War Arrow
    War Arrow Members Posts: 4
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I don't know.. Em did a couple of decent albums but I just don't feel like he has the skill or range of Jay-Z. I mean I know technically he can be amazing, but I still don't feel what he's saying whilst Jay can say a lot more with less lines. Mind you... wasn't too knocked out by Kingdome Come, plus I never heard the last one.
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Its really "The Black Album" and "Blueprint" vs. "The Eminem Show" and "The Slim Shady LP" to me ..

The Black Album > The SSLP
    The Eminem Show > Blueprint ...

Em is still in my top 5 and Jay is in my 10 ten, doe .

My dude..... The Eminem Show is one of my all time favorite albums..... OF ALL TIME..... But it is NOT better than the Blueprint.

As for the rest of this thread.... Jay-Z classics

Reasonable Doubt
    Vol 2
    The Blueprint
    The Black Album
    American Gangster

Eminem Classics.....

Arguably.... the Marshal Mathers LP and Eminem Show

Jay wins hands down
  • allrapisback
    allrapisback Members Posts: 15
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Of course Jay is going to have more quality songs, dude puts out ? every year, he's bound to have a few good songs on each album.

Jay has 2 classics, RD and Blueprint.

IMO Em has 3, TES,MMLP,SSLP.

End of story in my book.
  • allrapisback
    allrapisback Members Posts: 15
    edited July 2010
    Options
    My dude..... The Eminem Show is one of my all time favorite albums..... OF ALL TIME..... But it is NOT better than the Blueprint.

As for the rest of this thread.... Jay-Z classics

Reasonable Doubt
    Vol 2
    The Blueprint
    The Black Album
    American Gangster

Eminem Classics.....

Arguably.... the Marshal Mathers LP and Eminem Show

Jay wins hands down

Come on man, people say Em's fans overrate ? . American Gangster,Black Album are good albums, but classic? Vol 2 is commercial garbage to me.
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Come on man, people say Em's fans overrate ? . American Gangster,Black Album are good albums, but classic? Vol 2 is commercial garbage to me.

I put Vol 2 as a classic based on replay value and the sheer commercial success of it.

And yes American Gangster and Black Album are classics. U can play from start to finish without skipping a track.

But to prove that im not mindless...

Unfinished business was ass
    Kingdom Come was some of Hov's shoddiest work (even tho i do like the album)
    Vol 1 is underrated but not a classic
    Vol 3 i really dont ? with
    Blueprint 3 was hot but had some WHACK ass songs on it
    The Dynasty is a ? classic... but its a group album not jus Hov
    Best of Both Worlds was coo