The 2016 NBA Offseason Thread

Options
Beta
Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in From the Cheap Seats
NBA Thread Unbearable So its that Time!!!!

- Can Daryl Morey gonna use those analytics and assemble the best rockets team in the recent memory

-Danny Ainge Has 42 Picks and only 2 gonna be decent, do they snag a FA or trade for a quality player to give that midget IT some help offensively?

-Does a Big Name FA like Clayface actually Go to L.A? (camron nope gif)

-Does Melo get help so he can play meaningful basketball after march? (Camron Nope Gif again)

-Where is Al Horford Toucan looking ass and Dwight Howard gonna go?

-Can Riley Keep Whiteside in Miami?

-Can The Bulls Be Decent Again?

The Draft is in 3 days, Free Agency right around the corner, summer league, and USA basketball will make it so basketball wont stop until almost Sept

Demarcus Cousins to Washington!!!! (Eventually)

Discuss!!

Comments

• MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I think the number 1 thing the world wants to know is....will Evan Turner take a hometown discount

Turner about to get as much bread as he can. LOL. Brad Stevens did an excellent job of letting Turner do what he is good at. I wouldn't mind seeing him in Silver and Black if his defense isn't total trash. If Coach Chip could help him with his 3 point shot and he would perfect as a 6th man running the offense.

Of course he is going to be out of our price range though. lol.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? USA basketball
  • Beta
    Options
    Lol yeah Evan Turner get that bred
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? USA basketball

For this Olympics, hell yeah!!

the Olympic committee should be ashamed of themselves for giving it to Rio. I mean initially i thought it would be cool but just looking at how they did a lot of the poor people out there to get land for stadiums and parking was so foul. The cleanliness of the water and surrounding areas and now this Zika virus stuff!!!!

It's too much ? going on for the bad in Rio. It will surely help the city generate a lot of money while the games are going on but how bad will it be once the games are over and they have all these dilapidated buildings they made for events and the people who lived close to the areas will still bestrewed out of their homes. SMH. It's sad all around

Of course you aren't saying ? USA Basketball for my reasons, you are just saying because you hate most things. LMAO
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    50 point wins isn't exciting basketball. I've only paid attention to Team USA one time and that was only to see how D Rose was doing
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    ? arguing back and forth about Kobe in the other thread, no wonder this thread was made
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? arguing back and forth about Kobe in the other thread, no wonder this thread was made

Yeah the point was for u not to mention that
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd pay Evan Turner more money than Harrison Barnes
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? USA basketball

For this Olympics, hell yeah!!

the Olympic committee should be ashamed of themselves for giving it to Rio. I mean initially i thought it would be cool but just looking at how they did a lot of the poor people out there to get land for stadiums and parking was so foul. The cleanliness of the water and surrounding areas and now this Zika virus stuff!!!!

It's too much ? going on for the bad in Rio. It will surely help the city generate a lot of money while the games are going on but how bad will it be once the games are over and they have all these dilapidated buildings they made for events and the people who lived close to the areas will still bestrewed out of their homes. SMH. It's sad all around

Of course you aren't saying ? USA Basketball for my reasons, you are just saying because you hate most things. LMAO

Don't forget robberies and murders are od right now as well on top of a ? virus with no cure. Bruh I'd boy cott the ? out that thing if I was a ball player. Damn sure wouldn't go if I was a swimmer ? all that.
  • Beta
    edited June 2016
    Options
    There will be a new way for NBA fans to watch Thursday’s draft this year, with Yahoo announcing Monday that The Vertical will stream its first-ever live NBA draft show. Chris Mannix will host the live show from Yahoo’s New York studios, with Indiana coach Tom Crean as a guest analyst and further analysis from former front office executive Bobby Marks and Mike Schmitz of Draft Express, while Adrian Wojnarowski, Shams Charania and Draft Express’ Jonathan Givony will provide reporting on picks and trades from the draft at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. There will also be features on NBA fashion from Brian Scalabrine and picks’ shoe deals from Nick DePaula. – via Awful Announcing

“We’re competitive, so we want to have information first, but it’s certainly more important to have it accurate,” Wojnarowski said. “If you’re watching our show, you’re going to be ahead. Our goal is to be breaking trades first and deals, and giving people a sense of what players are going to be picked where and why. There’s always a lot of maneuvering on draft night in terms of certain players trying to stay away from certain teams, get to certain teams, and then the deals that are being made. We have a reporting group that I think is peerless in terms of getting you the latest, getting it accurate and getting it first.” – via Awful Announcing
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    You spamming your own thread
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Fashion stuff is what we need to know, keep up the good work 1CK1S Jr
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh, summer league n USA basketball>> no basketball
  • Beta
    Options
    Fashion stuff is what we need to know, keep up the good work 1CK1S Jr

It's talking about the draft and the vertical having a streaming show to update people as soon as trades and picks happen and you talking about fashion which was like 2 sentences out of the whole thing. I raised you better than this get out until the morning
  • Beta
    Options
    ? getting they bball news from Facebook?! Wtf
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    ? getting they bball news from Facebook?! Wtf

? 's weird lol. NBA Social lol
  • Beta
    Options
    Lol that's the worst place to get news from

Facebook gets news like 6 hrs after it was on tv

Straight newspaper status and it be the dumbest ?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Nets might as well go out and sign mid prime players like Conley and try to win as many games as possible. No use in tanking when the Celtics own the picks.
  • Beta
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Nets might as well go out and sign mid prime players like Conley and try to win as many games as possible. No use in tanking when the Celtics own the picks.

Wonder what team gonna pick up Jarrett Jack
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    had to give a spam to the O/P since you had no shots thrown at the clippers !!
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

Back to Cleveland? Keep in mind we helped the Cavs gain the cap space to sign LeBron by taking ? their hands.
  • Beta
    Options

Back to Cleveland? Keep in mind we helped the Cavs gain the cap space to sign LeBron by taking ? their hands.

Hmm actually I think he should go to the pacers and Lawson should take his ass to the Knicks and play for hornacek because he needs to be in an offense like that to be effective. Hes capable of getting 20 which should help melo and porzingis out and he's cheaper than Conley.

The only downside is obviously defense though but it's the Knicks so it don't even matter.