Video: Another Chicago Pig caught beating on a defenseless black man again...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-police-open-internal-investigation-after-facebook-video-shows-officer-punching-man-20160620-story.html
    Investigation opened after Facebook video shows police officer punching man

Authorities are investigating a video of a Chicago police officer punching a man in the Chatham neighborhood that was posted Sunday afternoon on Facebook.

The video appears to show Robert Foreman, 22, being punched by a police officer and then handcuffed near 88th Street and South Wabash Avenue, according to WGN-TV.

Foreman was arrested for public consumption of alcohol, according to a statement from the Chicago Police Department.

“Officers initially tried to issue him a ticket until he ran,” according to the statement. “Once they caught up to him, he resisted arrest.”

The video shows Foreman on the ground with a police officer on top of him, appearing to punch him four times.

“Put your hands behind your back,” the officer commands in the video.

“I’m not fighting,” Foreman yells. “I’m not fighting. … I was just getting robbed.”

Foreman was then handcuffed and led away by two police officers, according to the video.

The specifics of the arrest, the video and all relevant reports will be investigated by the Independent Police Review Authority, according to the statement from police.

“We are committed to the highest levels of integrity and professional standards and look forward to IPRA's review of this incident," the statement said.

Foreman was released from custody Monday after he was charged with resisting arrest and public drinking, according to WGN-TV.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The cops here have admitted to me if you make them run, they beat your ass when they catch you.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Just read the YouTube comments

I'm disgusted
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea.....they ? ? on tape and walk free. He wasn't handcuffed yet and still alive so those 4 punches will be dismissed.