Passive Income ideas, 10K-12K at your disposal

Options
bbkg79
bbkg79 Members Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2016 in Strictly Business
Figured I'd pose this question while I read "Sion's How To Invest Thread", "Sion's Guide To Real Estate Investing" and any other informative Stickys/threads.

First, thank you to the brothers who took the time to create the Stickied threads.
Second, thank you to anyone willing to contribute to my question.

Whether it was money you borrowed to improve your situation or extra capital you have at your disposal. What "passive income" investments would you choose? And, please elaborate why?

P.S. extra $1K - $4K monthly ROI

Comments

• JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this would be a good thread if folks actually shared what they did to come up....
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For later, I have some resources on passive income. I'll post up what I know.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Right now the only passive income I have.. Is some an income Property.. And a mutual fund that pays quarterly dividends..

I have a consulting company that I run in addition to my day job.. But that income will eventually become my primary source once the business grows large enough..

Ultimately, my goal is to continue growing my real estate portfolio.. And any monthly profits from that will go into my dividend income strategy in the stock market.

Always looking for things to get into that will bring in passive income so I am going to subscribe to this thread.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It seems like you're looking for 100% roi? I like the ambition, best of luck, I'll be checking back for ideas.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm usually leary about network marketing, but I recently got involved in a credit repair opportunity with my brother. Ive been able to start making passive income because we have an active team and I'm actually pretty excited about this one.

I joined so that I can build up my network of black business minded people and build up cash reserves to support my other businesses, as well as boost my credit profile. If you're interested, hit my inbox..
  • traestar
    edited May 2017
    Options
    From my perspective right now, I've been looking for a primary job and have been focused on it. However during this time that I'm working part-time, I've been strategizing other ways of passive income.

This article right here shows some great passive income ideas. I'm looking to find a primary job first then start upfront monetary investment, because those items do not take a lot of time to build and they would begin to grow while you sleep. I believe it is a great starting point for anyone, because passive income requiring time investment will take building a fan/user base in order for the item to become successful. If you look at any successful author, entrepreneur, coach, etc., they all focused on a particular niche market or industry market which had a need of a product or service.

And you have to be consistent, patient, innovative in terms of ways to keep your audience wanting more, and you have to be willing to read the metrics to know when to expand and grow to a bigger team.

Here is the article: http://thecollegeinvestor.com/16399/20-passive-income-ideas/
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    From my perspective right now, I've been looking for a primary job and have been focused on it. However during this time that I'm working part-time, I've been strategizing other ways of passive income.

This article right here shows some great passive income ideas. I'm looking to find a primary job first then start upfront monetary investment, because those items do not take a lot of time to build and they would begin to grow while you sleep. I believe it is a great starting point for anyone, because passive income requiring time investment will take building a fan/user base in order for the item to become successful. If you look at any success author, entrepreneur, coach, etc., they all focused on a particular niche market or industry market which had a need of a product or service.

And you have to be consistent, patient, innovative in terms of ways to keep your audience wanting more, and you have to be willing to read the metrics to know when to expand and grow to a bigger team.

Here is the article: http://thecollegeinvestor.com/16399/20-passive-income-ideas/

That's a good article. My friend just bought a couple of used vending machines for about $400 a piece...seems like it'll be low maintenance. Glad that article pointed out that you will have to commit to either/or time investment or monetary investment upfront. Seems like a lot of people don't wanna do either, but will complain all day about the position their in.
  • traestar
    Options
    Koltrain wrote: »
    traestar wrote: »

This article right here shows some great passive income ideas. I'm looking to find a primary job first then start upfront monetary investment, because those items do not take a lot of time to build and they would begin to grow while you sleep. I believe it is a great starting point for anyone, because passive income requiring time investment will take building a fan/user base in order for the item to become successful. If you look at any success author, entrepreneur, coach, etc., they all focused on a particular niche market or industry market which had a need of a product or service.

That's a good article. My friend just bought a couple of used vending machines for about $400 a piece...seems like it'll be low maintenance. Glad that article pointed out that you will have to commit to either/or time investment or monetary investment upfront. Seems like a lot of people don't wanna do either, but will complain all day about the position their in.

IT TAKES WORK to get it to become sizable income. And these days are easier because there is specific material on each one. Back in high school I would've never thought that you could essentially make a fortune without leaving the house.

I'm looking to create a funnel of the money that I pay myself with to go towards investments, money market, pocket money, etc. so that it doesn't interfere with the debt payments.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vending machines are good for laundering.

this tactic can be passed on to get some of our not so clean brothers on a legit road
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have been debating buying some property in different cities just so I can write off my flights on taxes. I am still working out the kinks.

Trying to get my pops into passive income streams like vending machines. He bullshitting though. I told him to stop working for people when he retired. He trying to do all this stuff but he need something simple on his time.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this tactic can be passed on to get some of our not so clean brothers on a legit road

Expound
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Real estate income is a pretty good way to potentially earn a large amount of income.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »

Expound

Cash businesses cant really be traced except for certain ways with certain people.

A few small sacrafices....a few hours here and there....you have legit start up money or down payment for a crib.

High traffic placement of vending machine....or hot dog cart...

Yep...

Just pay ya taxes

Cleaning is a patient business.

Too many too impatient to spend the money.

Y'all really think Miami skyline is built with legit money?