Whats yall take on "Lost" show?

Options
silverfoxx
silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
Im late to the party, but i just finished it on Netflix.

Lost-lost-839280_1280_1024.jpg

MAN WTF did i just watched??????!?!?!

? is GOAT and WOAT at the same damn time.

Where yall rank this at? Can someone explain the ending in a spoiler or something?

Comments

• vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My take on the ending was
    everybody met up in purgatory cause they were all dead and was going to move on to the afterlife
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    everybody met up in purgatory cause they were all dead and was going to move on to the afterlife

I got that but still something didnt add up. Like wtf was up with Walt being "special"?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got lost watching it
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked it but it coulda been way better
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was thinking about checking it out

Never seen it
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    s1 was fire but I (urgh too tired to think of a synonym) lost interest
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3/4 of the show is just nonsensical filler.

The last episode is one of the biggest cop outs i have ever witnessed as well.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They shouldve wrote a better ending before taking people on that journey
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

I got that but still something didnt add up. Like wtf was up with Walt being "special"?

I think the Walt thing was a weird loose end that didn't pan out because of off-screen issues. same with Mr Eko.

Also there was a filler season that was added because the show was so successful - that was a huge mistake since it just wasted everyone's time and watered down the story by adding unnecessary confusion.

I was cool with the ending but it would have made more sense without the filler season and loose ends.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so it was 6 seasons... i remember maybe making it to the 4th season.. and just stopping.. i remember thinking "why am i watching this ? " and never continued the series..

dont remember alot of it . but cs TS i remember it having good moments.. then having some outlandish ones.. never saw the ending. just heard it was ridiculous
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

sneakdza alluded to it, but yea, irl, Walt had a crazy growth spurt that kinda messed up what the creators wanted to do with the show.

I disagree about the filler season tho. It was wack, but it was due to the writers strike that happened that year.

I loved the show, but not the ending so much
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stopped watching it halfway through...never got back to it
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Lmao @ Walt with the Anthony Davis growth spurt.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I caught an re-run episode on some years back, and in one scene there was some dude in like a cave or bunker with like DirecTV w/ the NFL package and freshly delivered Pizza Hut. And I was like ok this some bs and haven't watched an episode since.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man if i could i would of shot every producer,writer, director, etc for wasting my ? damn time on this show. i thought i had finally got over this show and you had to bring up old memories t/s. ? you
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WALT?!
    WALT?!
    WALT?!
    WALT?!
    WALT?!
    WALT?!
    WALT?!
    WALT?!
    WALT?!
    WALT?!

Awful acting

• white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that show, every black person got murked or took a huge l, even that old ? had cancer
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I checked out in season 2
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too many ideas and not a single idea for how to wrap up the series. The journey was more fun than reaching the destination. I'm glad I watched it at the time but I could never put myself through that nonsense and put up with that ? ending again.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Show started off great and just got ridiculous as it went on. I was done once they moved the island.... They ? MOVED the island!!!!!! .. What in the ? ? I don't even care to finish it
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Show started off great and just got ridiculous as it went on. I was done once they moved the island.... They ? MOVED the island!!!!!! .. What in the ? ? I don't even care to finish it

lmao i forgot all about that.
  • Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate "mystery" stories where just a bunch of random ? happens, and it leaves you watching/reading just to see what's going on.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched it a few years back on Netflix... I don't know if I could've finished it otherwise. Waiting for the next season to come would've ruined my interest in the show... With that said it was cool, I guess going into the show knowing the setbacks it had I was a little more realistic on how they had to adjust.

At the same time I was happy when it got to the final season because I just wanted to see this ? end already. Unfortunately for me I can't invest time into a show or movie and not finish it.

Went from 10/10 to a 5/10 and balanced out to a 7.5/10.
  • whoseworldisthis
    whoseworldisthis Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Lost borrows heavily from the Dark Tower series by Stephen King (at one point on the show, one of the characters is even reading a Stephen King book so they were giving him a shout out).

If the Dark Tower books ever get made into either a movie or series (series would be preferable), then I hope they deal with this same subject matter (purgatory, etc.) a bit more cohesively like in the books.