Don't you ever get tired of threatening people with Hell?

Options
soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just wonder if the religious zealots ever tire of threatening the world with ? 's vengence, death, judgement, and eternal damnation.

It's bad enough they can't prove it. They're like a kid on the playground yelling, "My big brother is going to beat you up! Just you wait!" But nobody ever comes and the world continues to spin.

Comments

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why don't you ask religious zealots that then?
  • soul rattler
    Options
    I think I just did.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The more you ponder the concept of hell the clearer it becomes that it is a man thought idea. We like to punish people, we want to see them suffer and dying isn't good enough, they need to feel the burn for all eternity.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The more you ponder the concept of hell the clearer it becomes that it is a man thought idea. We like to punish people, we want to see them suffer and dying isn't good enough, they need to feel the burn for all eternity.

For ? to be perfect in justice there must be punishment... do you know how many murderers, child ? and cruel torturers have gone unpunished in human history???? all that innocent blood has to be atoned for
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

For ? to be perfect in justice there must be punishment... do you know how many murderers, child ? and cruel torturers have gone unpunished in human history???? all that innocent blood has to be atoned for

And suffering in hell makes up for that damage? Roflolol OK
  • zzombie
    Options

How would you like to see your child ? and skinned alive in front of you after your husband has been set on fire?? Only to spend the rest of your short miserable life locked in a dark room until you finally starve to death knowing that the perpetrators of your sufferings will live happy long long lives.

Now these people violated you , your child and husband and in doing they also violated the laws of ? ... so you expect ? not to punish these villains??? And to break his promise of avenging the innocent and punishing the wicked
  • soul rattler
    Options

How would you like to see your child ? and skinned alive in front of you after your husband has been set on fire?? Only to spend the rest of your short miserable life locked in a dark room until you finally starve to death knowing that the perpetrators of your sufferings will live happy long long lives.

Now these people violated you , your child and husband and in doing they also violated the laws of ? ... so you expect ? not to punish these villains??? And to break his promise of avenging the innocent and punishing the wicked

You missed her point.

A molester rapes 20 kids. The molester dies. The molester is tortured for eternity. The kids that were ? still have to cope with having been ? . Nothing changes.
  • zzombie
    Options

You missed her point.

A molester rapes 20 kids. The molester dies. The molester is tortured for eternity. The kids that were ? still have to cope with having been ? . Nothing changes.

While alive ? does not stop always stop pain to make up for any damage done to you in life the healing mechanism is the love and faith in ? .

After death there must be punishment and reward.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I just did.

No you didn't.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

Trying to pull my heart strings to get me to see your side? Loose the dramatics, they don't work on me. Answer is still the same, "And suffering in hell makes up for that damage? Roflolol OK"
  • zzombie
    edited June 2016
    Options

Trying to pull my heart strings to get me to see your side? Loose the dramatics, they don't work on me. Answer is still the same, "And suffering in hell makes up for that damage? Roflolol OK"

Your question is faulty because the purpose of hell is not to make up for pain... Your entire position is Roflolol to any one who knows anything about religion or for that matter anyone who has ever actually suffered pain so you can talk all the nonsense you want but i can bet you that you have never really suffered a day in your life so you can scoff at the idea of sending the people who hurt you to hell and call it dramatics..... because your rich spoiled white ass won't have to see your entire family being beheaded or executed before your eyes and that is not being dramatic because such things have happened to countless people during human history.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Your question is faulty because the purpose of hell is not to make up for pain...
    MY question is faulty.... but hell at this point is an assumption on your part.
    Your entire position is Roflolol to any one who knows anything about religion or for that matter anyone who has ever actually suffered pain
    Assumption of grand proportions.
    so you can talk all the nonsense you want but i can bet you that you have never really suffered a day in your life

More assumptions.
    so you can scoff at the idea of sending the people who hurt you to hell and call it dramatics.....
    I called your dramatic descriptions of horrible things that could happen to me dramatics.
    because your rich spoiled white ass won't have to see your entire family being beheaded or executed before your eyes and that is not being dramatic because such things have happened to countless people during human history.
    Neither will you so wtf?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You missed her point.

While alive ? does not stop always stop pain to make up for any damage done to you in life the healing mechanism is the love and faith in ? .

Love and faith in ? don't always heal people, there are plenty of religious people who have committed suicide or done worse due to mental anguish or personal problems.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

Exactly, I don't think he realizes how silly his post sounds. Many murderers and rapists get away with their crimes and live long, happy lives, while their victims and families may always be scarred in some way. That's a weird way to define justice.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

Exactly, I don't think he realizes how silly his post sounds. Many murderers and rapists get away with their crimes and live long, happy lives, while their victims and families may always be scarred in some way. That's a weird way to define justice.

I think that's ^^^ exactly where this hell idea came from because it is an injustice they get to carry on all lolly dolly, but with the concept of hell? Ahhhh we got ya ? ! You're gonna pay one way or another.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My beefs with Hell are that 1. It exists. 2. You're sent there for all eternity. 3. It's the same for everyone. 4. It's too easy to get into fam mad mad easy
  • zzombie
    Options

You missed her point.

Love and faith in ? don't always heal people, there are plenty of religious people who have committed suicide or done worse due to mental anguish or personal problems.

If they committed suicide then they obviously did not have enough faith now did they??
  • zzombie
    Options
    Your question is faulty because the purpose of hell is not to make up for pain...
    MY question is faulty.... but hell at this point is an assumption on your part.
    Your entire position is Roflolol to any one who knows anything about religion or for that matter anyone who has ever actually suffered pain
    Assumption of grand proportions.
    so you can talk all the nonsense you want but i can bet you that you have never really suffered a day in your life

More assumptions.
    so you can scoff at the idea of sending the people who hurt you to hell and call it dramatics.....
    I called your dramatic descriptions of horrible things that could happen to me dramatics.
    because your rich spoiled white ass won't have to see your entire family being beheaded or executed before your eyes and that is not being dramatic because such things have happened to countless people during human history.
    Neither will you so wtf?

IF WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE RELIGION THEN EITHER WE ARE GOING TO ACCEPT WHAT THE RELIGION SAYS AND CRITIQUE THAT OR THE CONVERSATION WILL BE ALL OVER THE PLACE and be unproductive

I AM NOT MAKING ANY assumption about the religion, in the religion of Christianity there is the concept of hell and that is not my assumption it is fact. The people in the west are spoiled rotten and if my assumption about your lack of ever having suffered any real pain is wrong then enlighten me what exactly have you suffered??

A white canadian woman in 2016 what the ? have you suffered?? I mean seriously gtfoh YOUR pondering nonsense is a luxury of being rich.
  • zzombie
    Options
    My beefs with Hell are that 1. It exists. 2. You're sent there for all eternity. 3. It's the same for everyone. 4. It's too easy to get into fam mad mad easy

The bold is in dispute.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

IF WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE RELIGION THEN EITHER WE ARE GOING TO ACCEPT WHAT THE RELIGION SAYS AND CRITIQUE THAT OR THE CONVERSATION WILL BE ALL OVER THE PLACE and be unproductive

So are you taking back what you said that "Your entire position is Roflolol to any one who knows anything about religion or for that matter anyone who has ever actually suffered pain" because it was a gross enroneous assupmtion?
    I AM NOT MAKING ANY assumption about the religion,

Are you intentionally being deceptive or are you playing games? Cuz I was specifically calling this "so you can talk all the nonsense you want but i can bet you that you have never really suffered a day in your life" an assumption.

in the religion of Christianity there is the concept of hell and that is not my assumption it is fact.

It is assumed and accepted on faith there is a hell based off what a religious book says.

The people in the west are spoiled rotten and if my assumption about your lack of ever having suffered any real pain is wrong then enlighten me what exactly have you suffered??

You make assumptions about me, then demand I prove you right? What?
    A white canadian woman in 2016 what the ? have you suffered?? I mean seriously gtfoh YOUR pondering nonsense is a luxury of being rich.

Grabbing at any stick you can eh? Stick to the topic instead of throwing assumptions and insults to make your point. It makes you look stupid and inept at holding in intelligent conversation or debate.

• zzombie
    Options

So are you taking back what you said that "Your entire position is Roflolol to any one who knows anything about religion or for that matter anyone who has ever actually suffered pain" because it was a gross enroneous assupmtion?
    I AM NOT MAKING ANY assumption about the religion,

Are you intentionally being deceptive or are you playing games? Cuz I was specifically calling this "so you can talk all the nonsense you want but i can bet you that you have never really suffered a day in your life" an assumption.

in the religion of Christianity there is the concept of hell and that is not my assumption it is fact.

It is assumed and accepted on faith there is a hell based off what a religious book says.

The people in the west are spoiled rotten and if my assumption about your lack of ever having suffered any real pain is wrong then enlighten me what exactly have you suffered??

You make assumptions about me, then demand I prove you right? What?

Grabbing at any stick you can eh? Stick to the topic instead of throwing assumptions and insults to make your point. It makes you look stupid and inept at holding in intelligent conversation or debate.

I am not taking back anything i said and nothing i said about the religion and it's view of hell was an assumption

WHEN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE RELIGION OF COURSE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT WHAT THE TEXT SAYS... WHAT would be an assumption would be talking about the religion without talking about the text because the TEXT IS THE RELGION

If my assumptions about you are wrong then refute them??? tell me what pain have you suffered??? you scoff at my example of real suffering deserving the punishment of ? and i believe this is because you have never suffered any real pain therefore you lack a certain understanding.

My original example was made just to make a point, IT WAS to show you why hell is a valid and good concept it was not meant to be an attack on you personally... but for you or anyone to scoff at the idea of hell for evil people while never having been a victim of themselves of evil people is very disrespectful
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    I am not taking back anything i said and nothing i said about the religion and it's view of hell was an assumption

This is what I am talking about and what I referenced in another thread as to why I don't engage you in debate because you cannot follow along with what is said. You make things up, make assupmtions and then expect other to follow along with your rants and debate those!
    WHEN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE RELIGION OF COURSE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT WHAT THE TEXT SAYS... WHAT would be an assumption would be talking about the religion without talking about the text because the TEXT IS THE RELGION

Except this isn't what you were doing, you did everything but talk about the text. Would like me to repost everything you said?

If my assumptions about you are wrong then refute them??? tell me what pain have you suffered??? you scoff at my example of real suffering deserving the punishment of ? and i believe this is because you have never suffered any real pain therefore you lack a certain understanding.

Why not take your assumptions of me on faith like you do hell? I lack understanding of suffering because I don't hold the same belief that bad people should suffer for all eternity? Sorry I reject ? .
    My original example was made just to make a point, IT WAS to show you why hell is a valid and good concept it was not meant to be an attack on you personally...

Saying hell is valid and a good concept because humans aren't content with bad people just being dead, is not a valid argument. Unless we are arguing the validity of how sadistic the human mind really is.
    but for you or anyone to scoff at the idea of hell for evil people while never having been a victim of themselves of evil people is very disrespectful
    That makes no logical sense, at all.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    I only ROFL about your idea that bad people suffer for all eternity because it's ridiculous, it atones for nothing. It doesn't correct the sins, it doesn't take them away it doesn't even benefit the victims! it just makes them FEEL better THINKING/BELIEVING a bad person will suffer at some point for what they've done.
  • zzombie
    Options
    I only ROFL about your idea that bad people suffer for all eternity because it's ridiculous, it atones for nothing. It doesn't correct the sins, it doesn't take them away it doesn't even benefit the victims! it just makes them FEEL better THINKING/BELIEVING a bad person will suffer at some point for what they've done.

it was meant correct sin or take sin away.. we are talking about religion everything is about believing AND IT'S NOT MY IDEA I DID NOT CREATE HELL.... HELL IS PART OF THE RELIGION.