Don't you ever get tired of threatening people with Hell?

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zzombie wrote: »
    I am not taking back anything i said and nothing i said about the religion and it's view of hell was an assumption

This is what I am talking about and what I referenced in another thread as to why I don't engage you in debate because you cannot follow along with what is said. You make things up, make assupmtions and then expect other to follow along with your rants and debate those!
    WHEN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE RELIGION OF COURSE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT WHAT THE TEXT SAYS... WHAT would be an assumption would be talking about the religion without talking about the text because the TEXT IS THE RELGION

Except this isn't what you were doing, you did everything but talk about the text. Would like me to repost everything you said?

If my assumptions about you are wrong then refute them??? tell me what pain have you suffered??? you scoff at my example of real suffering deserving the punishment of ? and i believe this is because you have never suffered any real pain therefore you lack a certain understanding.

Why not take your assumptions of me on faith like you do hell? I lack understanding of suffering because I don't hold the same belief that bad people should suffer for all eternity? Sorry I reject ? .
    My original example was made just to make a point, IT WAS to show you why hell is a valid and good concept it was not meant to be an attack on you personally...

Saying hell is valid and a good concept because humans aren't content with bad people just being dead, is not a valid argument. Unless we are arguing the validity of how sadistic the human mind really is.
    but for you or anyone to scoff at the idea of hell for evil people while never having been a victim of themselves of evil people is very disrespectful
    That makes no logical sense, at all.

SMH WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE RELIGION OR NOT??? HELL BEING A VALID CONCEPT DOES NOT COME FROM THE HUMAN MIND IT COMES FROM ? . EVERYTHING i have been saying to you comes from the text therefore it comes from ? . WHO feels it knows it you cannot pass judgement on the concept of hell for evil people unless you have been wronged by evil people

I really no longer understand what the ? you are talking about
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only ROFL about your idea that bad people suffer for all eternity because it's ridiculous, it atones for nothing. It doesn't correct the sins, it doesn't take them away it doesn't even benefit the victims! it just makes them FEEL better THINKING/BELIEVING a bad person will suffer at some point for what they've done.

it was meant correct sin or take sin away.. we are talking about religion everything is about believing AND IT'S NOT MY IDEA I DID NOT CREATE HELL.... HELL IS PART OF THE RELIGION.

Someone suffering in hell for all eternity doesn't correct or take away sin. Stopping the action stops the sin. If someone truly understands their errors, they normally cease doing them, and that was good enough for jesus.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    I am not taking back anything i said and nothing i said about the religion and it's view of hell was an assumption

This is what I am talking about and what I referenced in another thread as to why I don't engage you in debate because you cannot follow along with what is said. You make things up, make assupmtions and then expect other to follow along with your rants and debate those!
    WHEN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE RELIGION OF COURSE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT WHAT THE TEXT SAYS... WHAT would be an assumption would be talking about the religion without talking about the text because the TEXT IS THE RELGION

Except this isn't what you were doing, you did everything but talk about the text. Would like me to repost everything you said?

If my assumptions about you are wrong then refute them??? tell me what pain have you suffered??? you scoff at my example of real suffering deserving the punishment of ? and i believe this is because you have never suffered any real pain therefore you lack a certain understanding.

Why not take your assumptions of me on faith like you do hell? I lack understanding of suffering because I don't hold the same belief that bad people should suffer for all eternity? Sorry I reject ? .
    My original example was made just to make a point, IT WAS to show you why hell is a valid and good concept it was not meant to be an attack on you personally...

Saying hell is valid and a good concept because humans aren't content with bad people just being dead, is not a valid argument. Unless we are arguing the validity of how sadistic the human mind really is.
    but for you or anyone to scoff at the idea of hell for evil people while never having been a victim of themselves of evil people is very disrespectful

SMH WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE RELIGION OR NOT??? HELL BEING A VALID CONCEPT DOES NOT COME FROM THE HUMAN MIND IT COMES FROM ? . EVERYTHING i have been saying to you comes from the text therefore it comes from ? . WHO feels it knows it you cannot pass judgement on the concept of hell for evil people unless you have been wronged by evil people

Oh man you're unbelievable for real. You cant' even follow along with what you yourself have been saying and now you're flipping it back on me? I'm so ? done going back and forth with your wack thought processes.
  • zzombie

Oh man you're unbelievable for real. You cant' even follow along with what you yourself have been saying and now you're flipping it back on me? I'm so ? done going back and forth with your wack thought processes.

what the ? are you talking about??? i have been consistent with what i have been saying to you
  • zzombie
    edited June 2016
    I only ROFL about your idea that bad people suffer for all eternity because it's ridiculous, it atones for nothing. It doesn't correct the sins, it doesn't take them away it doesn't even benefit the victims! it just makes them FEEL better THINKING/BELIEVING a bad person will suffer at some point for what they've done.

it was meant correct sin or take sin away.. we are talking about religion everything is about believing AND IT'S NOT MY IDEA I DID NOT CREATE HELL.... HELL IS PART OF THE RELIGION.

Someone suffering in hell for all eternity doesn't correct or take away sin. Stopping the action stops the sin. If someone truly understands their errors, they normally cease doing them, and that was good enough for jesus.

THAT WAS A mistake I MEANT to say " it was not meant to correct sin" i said something earlier to that effect and you would have caught it if you were paying attention.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited June 2016
    So I wasn't paying attention when I read this:
    all that innocent blood has to be atoned for

Pretty sure that's what got this all rolling down hill into a big pile of steaming ? like you're well known for starting.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear you were a chick.
  • zzombie
    edited June 2016

Pretty sure that's what got this all rolling down hill into a big pile of steaming ? like you're well known for starting.

The atonement aka the punishment of hell is not about stopping sin it's just a JUST punishment BECAUSE THOSE WHO DO EVIL and die without Christ cannot atone for their sins. therefore THEY END UP IN HELL... WHICH IS part of the reason I BROUGHT UP THE example i made for you.

those people who are evil and live long happy lives never atone innocent blood must be atoned for but if it never is then HELL IS WHERE YOU GO
  • BiblicalAtheist

The atonement aka the punishment of hell is not about stopping sin it's just a JUST punishment BECAUSE THOSE WHO DO EVIL and die without Christ cannot atone for their sins. therefore THEY END UP IN HELL... WHICH IS WHY I BROUGHT UP THE example i made for you.

those people who are evil and live long happy lives never atone

So if a person doesn't amend or recompense(atone) their sins, they go to hell for eternity?

It's a ridiculous concept. Whether it was "inspired" by ? or made in the mind of man, it's ridiculous.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the bible state whether pain pleasure or fear is felt in the afterlife?
  • zzombie
    edited June 2016

The atonement aka the punishment of hell is not about stopping sin it's just a JUST punishment BECAUSE THOSE WHO DO EVIL and die without Christ cannot atone for their sins. therefore THEY END UP IN HELL... WHICH IS WHY I BROUGHT UP THE example i made for you.

So if a person doesn't amend or recompense(atone) their sins, they go to hell for eternity?

It's a ridiculous concept. Whether it was "inspired" by ? or made in the mind of man, it's ridiculous.

You atone for your sins through Christ if you don't then you go to hell and what do you expect??? for evil people to also be allowed into heaven and never be punished for their wrong doings???.... you can think it is a ridiculous concept all you want but you're just a human being and YOU WILL STAND BEFORE ? AND WHAT you think will be irrelevant then.

AS FOR THE ETERNITY OF HELL????? that is another topic altogether, when you sin you alter reality as ? would wish it to be the damage you are doing is actually incalculable
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited June 2016

You atone for your sins through Christ if you don't then you go to hell and what do you expect??? for evil people to also be allowed into heaven and never be punished for their wrong doings???.... you can think it is a ridiculous concept all you want but you're just a human being and YOU WILL STAND BEFORE ? AND WHAT you think will be irrelevant then.

AS FOR THE ETERNITY OF HELL????? that is another topic altogether, when you sin you alter reality as ? would wish it to be the damage you are doing is actually incalculable

I stand before ? every minute of every day. I practice ever day at becoming perfect *under the eyes of ? even tho I know I can never be perfect.
  • zzombie

I stand before ? every minute of every day. I practice ever day at becoming perfect *under the eyes of ? even tho I know I can never be perfect.

WELL i meant for the final judgement
  • BiblicalAtheist

Well why not make the list of things to answer for smaller while I wait.
  • zzombie
    edited June 2016

Well why not make the list of things to answer for smaller while I wait.

I don't make the list ? does because he knows all your personal business and more importantly he knows your hearts motivations and deepest feelings.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    No ? Sherlock.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey zzombie, you're losing this debate

Badly.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Bible say all sins are forgiven if one pledges faith in Jesus? So technically, evil people can go to heaven?
  • zzombie

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Bible say all sins are forgiven if one pledges faith in Jesus? So technically, evil people can go to heaven?

read what i wrote i answered that question already... If you would pay attention you would not be asking me this remedial question
  • zzombie
    Hey zzombie, you're losing this debate

Badly.

according to who??? it's not like you @kingblaze84 or @BiblicalAtheist are actually unbiased ... You and kingblaze in particular outright hate ? ... so i never expect you or him to read anything i write and make a fair assessment of it.

As for biblicalatheist half the time i don't know what the ? she is talking about the way she argues her point are very weird to me and i don't just mean for this thread
  • zzombie
    edited June 2016
    No ? Sherlock.

so then what the ? did you ask me to make a list for???
  • BiblicalAtheist
    No ? Sherlock.

I didn't. You said that thing about the final judgement and I said: might as well make the list smaller while I wait.... implying, I will make my own list smaller of things to answer for. Can't believe I just spelt that ? out for you.

And me and KingBlaze aren't unbiased but you are? Roflolol OK.
  • zzombie
    No ? Sherlock.

I didn't. You said that thing about the final judgement and I said: might as well make the list smaller while I wait.... implying, I will make my own list smaller of things to answer for. Can't believe I just spelt that ? out for you.

Are you crazy ???? @kingblaze84 isn't unbiased lolololololo hahahahaha everyone on this forum knows he absolutely hates hates the christian ? . I am a theist and a christian by default i am biased but we are the ones asked by atheist to answer questions about our faith so obviously there is a natural implied bias

FOR THE bold you are the only person i have this problem with it's the way you respond to things the way you word things.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited June 2016
    No ? Sherlock.

Are you crazy ???? @kingblaze84 isn't unbiased lolololololo hahahahaha everyone on this forum knows he absolutely hates hates the christian ? . I am a theist and a christian by default i am biased but we are the ones asked by atheist to answer questions about our faith so obviously there is a natural implied bias

FOR THE bold you are the only person i have this problem with it's the way you respond to things the way you word things.

For the record, EVERY ONE is biased so don't try and use atheists being biased as some sort of way to ? on them like you just did ^up^ there in your PREVIOUS post. Also, us(you included) being bias has nothing to do with why this debate sucks ? ok.

What do you mean* the way I say things? Wtf would I ask you to make the list smaller? That wouldn't even fit into the convo properly, so why would I ask you? This is why I mean, you have a really hard time following along, reasoning things out or using rationale or something I don't even know wtf is happening with your mind.

• BiblicalAtheist
    And also, why would you think just because I laughed at the bias thing that I mean that KingBlaze wasn't bias?
  • zzombie
    No ? Sherlock.

For the record, EVERY ONE is biased so don't try and use atheists being biased as some sort of way to ? on them like you just did ^up^ there in your PREVIOUS post. Also, us(you included) being bias has nothing to do with why this debate sucks ? ok.

What do you mean* the way I say things? Wtf would I ask you to make the list smaller? That wouldn't even fit into the convo properly, so why would I ask you? This is why I mean, you have a really hard time following along, reasoning things out or using rationale or something I don't even know wtf is happening with your mind.

I don't believe everyone is biased about everything. period.

I only have that problem with you. You don't make the list of things you have to answer for therefore you cannot make the list smaller