Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    I need Kevin Durant in there

Where - on the bench?

You mean in the stands. Durant might be a Top 12 SF as of now.

He's a top 5 SF right now, maybe a top 3

Only LBJ and Bird are clearly ahead of him and you can't make a argument he's better than any other SF you can name.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Where - on the bench?

Only LBJ and Bird are clearly ahead of him and you can't make a argument he's better than any other SF you can name.

What?

NO respect for this dude.....

0111049001440085248_filepicker.jpg

Or THIS one....

worthy.jpg

Or THIS ONE....

2573-693690Fr.jpg

? , at least the first two got ? rings.
  • Shizlansky
    Agree
    Dr J is that ? . He's 3 on my list but ppl can make a argument for KD.

LBJ
    Bird
    Dr. J
    KD
    Worthy/Nique. (I go back and forward with these two)
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm taking Pippen over Durant too
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a legit ass list right there. The Dream or Lakers Shaq could go in there depending on what you're looking for at the 5 or building a second team to try and counter that. That's a goat team right there though lol.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

Where - on the bench?

Nah he is top 10 in his sleep.

Argument for top 5.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good list. Only change I'd make is Isiah at the point.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Disagree
    Not sure about Magic. What about Oscar Robertson?
  • A Talented One
    Disagree
    And when all is said and done, Steph Curry.
  • A Talented One
    Disagree
    Don't like picking the best this way (i.e. by position). Magic may be the best PG ever (a case can be made), but he's definitely not one of the top 5 players ever. Not even 10.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't like picking the best this way (i.e. by position). Magic may be the best PG ever (a case can be made), but he's definitely not one of the top 5 players ever. Not even 10.

Craziness.
  • A Talented One
    Disagree
    coop9889 wrote: »

Craziness.

Is he better than Kobe? No. So that pushes him out of the top 5 (assuming that the other four players listed here are better than him too).

Is he better than Wilt, Charles Barkley, Larry Bird, Steph Curry (when all is said and done), or Dr. J? No. Along with the players already listed that pushes him out of the top 10.

The point guard is a weak position in terms of all time greats. That's the only reason why Magic gets these mentions.

Dude is probably not even top 15.
  • Shizlansky
    Agree

Craziness.

Is he better than Kobe? No. So that pushes him out of the top 5 (assuming that the other four players listed here are better than him too).

Is he better than Wilt, Charles Barkley, Larry Bird, Steph Curry (when all is said and done), or Dr. J? No. Along with the players already listed that pushes him out of the top 10.

The point guard is a weak position in terms of all time greats. That's the only reason why Magic gets these mentions.

The bolded is for SGs
  • A Talented One
    edited June 2016
    Disagree

Craziness.

The bolded is for SGs

What you mean? That the SG is deep in terms of all time greats?

If so, i agree.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree
    That's about as good a list you can get. I agree the Center position is a bit contentious, but that's to be expected given how it was the most important position for so long.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where - on the bench?

What?

NO respect for this dude.....

0111049001440085248_filepicker.jpg

Or THIS one....

worthy.jpg

Or THIS ONE....

2573-693690Fr.jpg

? , at least the first two got ? rings.

Well...Durant probably will be better historically than all 3. Definitely better than Worthy

Yall dudes gotta embrace history as it happens man
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree

How?
    He ain't a pg
    He just a ? that shoot
    Them flashy passes don't mean ? when they soar out of bounds pass a wide open ? outstretched hands
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd put Hakeem at the 5, but Kareem is never the wrong answer.
  • A Talented One
    Disagree

Craziness.

This getting negative reactions, but where am I wrong?
  • A Talented One
    Disagree

How?
    He ain't a pg
    He just a ? that shoot
    Them flashy passes don't mean ? when they soar out of bounds pass a wide open ? outstretched hands

He is more known as a shooter, but he's a PG.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree
    Only one of those guys played without an all time great coach. Just saying!

x1o324mj8qfnkt9vdszd.jpg
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree

Craziness.

The bolded is for SGs

If so, i agree.

How is SG more deep than PG ? ??
  • Shizlansky
    Agree
    I'll take Dirk over Malone and Barkley

• A Talented One
    Disagree
    IgboNegro wrote: »

Craziness.

The bolded is for SGs

If so, i agree.

How is SG more deep than PG ? ??

Cause you can find more top shelf players at that position (MJ, Kobe, Jerry West, Clyde Drexler, Allen Iverson, etc.) than you can at the PG position.