Will Smith Admits He Made ‘Wild Wild West’ For All The Wrong Reasons

Comments

• 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He cared and still cares too much about his image and doesn't accept roles outside of his comfort zone.

He should be a villain / anti-hero like Lonzo from Training Day, Tom Cruise from Collateral, Jeremy Renner from The Town, etc. but I don't see him doing it until he is forced to reinvent himself which could be years from now.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides Bad boys, MiB 1 and enemy of the state Will Smith movies suck, most overrated actor of all time
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never saw Wild Wild West
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    313 wayz wrote: »
    He cared and still cares too much about his image and doesn't accept roles outside of his comfort zone.

He should be a villain / anti-hero like Lonzo from Training Day, Tom Cruise from Collateral, Jeremy Renner from The Town, etc. but I don't see him doing it until he is forced to reinvent himself which could be years from now.

Oh nevermind
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Besides Bad boys, MiB 1 and enemy of the state Will Smith movies suck, most overrated actor of all time

Independence Day
    I Am Legend
    Hancock
    7 Pounds
    Ali

...all good movies

Ali is dope and so is Independence Day but that's not his movie.

I Am Legend and 7 Pounds are meh at best IMO and Hancock is trash.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Independence Day
    I Am Legend
    Hancock
    7 Pounds
    Ali

...all good movies

Ali is dope and so is Independence Day but that's not his movie.

I Am Legend and 7 Pounds are meh at best IMO and Hancock is trash.

It may not have been his movie when they were making it, but since it's been released it's considered his.

? there's pages in the ID2 thread about why he isn't in the 2nd one.

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭

Independence Day
    I Am Legend
    Hancock
    7 Pounds
    Ali

...all good movies

Hancock might be the worst movie I ever seen, I am legend was overrated af, Independence Day didjt stand the test of time, 7 pounds I duno maybe sounds trash, Ali was alright
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

I been said this about Super Will.

He on that Super Cena treatment till he stops playing the bad boy scout protagonist. Until he does some Alzono/Vincent from Collateral ? , his movies getting passed like Magic's All-Star summer camp.

Suicide Squad look like he might be taking that first baby step, tho. We'll see.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Co-sign on I Am Legend being trash. It differed way too much from the book which ironically Will himself wanted because the book would've basically made his character the villain. He is supposed to be the "Legend" or the boogeyman if you will to the mutants.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meester wrote: »

He is a villain in suicide squad.

The suicide squad are basically anti-heroes not really villains per se in this movie.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Meester wrote: »

He is a villain in suicide squad.

The suicide squad are basically anti-heroes not really villains per se in this movie.

I'm worried that since Smith is playin', Deadshot gonna have mad redeemin' qualities and ? .
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After Earth wasn't even that bad. It was an average Hollywood flick. Which got panned for political reasons... wht ppl were mad Will was putting his son on...period.
  • D0wn
    blackrain wrote: »
    He passed on being Neo in the Matrix for this

I read it was because he wanted humour in the Matrix and those trannis ran him

He's said for years why he turned down The Matrix. He said the way they pitched it to him made it sound confusing as ? and he didn't get the concept of it

I honestly still dont know.what matrix was about. And honestly, the ? was boring as hell.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0wn wrote: »

He's said for years why he turned down The Matrix. He said the way they pitched it to him made it sound confusing as ? and he didn't get the concept of it

I honestly still dont know.what matrix was about. And honestly, the ? was boring as hell.

The Matrix was stolen from a Black lady...

The Wachowski brothers (siblings) didn't know what the Matrix was about, which is why the sequels sucked so hard...
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After Earth wasn't even that bad. It was an average Hollywood flick. Which got panned for political reasons... wht ppl were mad Will was putting his son on...period.

After Earth wasnt as bad as ppl say but nobody likes his weird ass son he was tryn force on us.

It was barely even a Will Smith movie.

That was a Jaden Smith flick
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    BenjaminE wrote: »

The Wachowski brothers (siblings) didn't know what the Matrix was about, which is why the sequels sucked so hard...

That's an internet myth that's been proved false a long ass time ago

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/11/22/inside-the-billion-dollar-matrix-lawsuit-one-of-the-internets-most-pervasive-hoaxes/
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BenjaminE wrote: »

The Wachowski sisters (siblings) didn't know what the Matrix was about, which is why the sequels sucked so hard...

Fixed
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭

That true, because the biggest complaint about After Earth was "nepotism"
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah after earth wasn't that bad it was a decent.....wild wild west was decent too ? be too picky sometimes
  • D0wn

After Earth wasnt as bad as ppl say but nobody likes his weird ass son he was tryn force on us.

It was barely even a Will Smith movie.

That was a Jaden Smith flick

Jaden wasn't that bad in the movie... infact, all that was before Jaden got weird.

Hollywood is built on Nepotism .. so i didn't mind seeing a blk man, blk father put on his blk son, obviously wht ppl did.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

Independence Day
    I Am Legend
    Hancock
    7 Pounds
    Ali

...all good movies

Focus was good also