D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    mo'nique has her moments, sommore is funny, aisha ty;er

I came here to say Monique
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dave chappelle is my favorite comedian, but the funniest ppl I personally know are women

I would say there are women with the talent out there, but they go unnoticed/ unheralded because of the actual and perceived lack of opportunities available to women looking to foster their talents in these fields

its getting better though

and what about lauren hill, queen latifa, lil kim, etc who topped the charts and had just as much talent as a jay or a pac or a big

not to mention, some of the top comedians like chris rock owe some of their funniest material to women writers like wanda sykes

then there is wnba players like sue bird, tina thompson, and lisa leslie who many knowledgeable ppl would argue were dominate players

not surprising you aren't real familiar with these women though
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    female basketball is boring... the vast majority of female comedians are just not that funny and most female rappers suck in-comparison to their male counterparts
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Roseanne was the ? ....carol burnet....lucile ball...ellen put it down foe ? ...yall playin

If u dont get your youth choir director shirt wearing, ass outta here

Quoted for trill ness....also mamas family...the golden girls...designing women grace under fire...? mabley.....
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Women tend to be much less prolific than men

How many women really have big catalogs of work compared to men?

Seriously though, how many dope women have big catalogs?

Everyone brings up Lauryn, but her body of work is small. Same with most other dope women we talk about, like Lady of Rage.

Maybe it's the way the game is set up that makes it hard for them to continue, maybe it's something else, but when very few women are pushing out catalogs like Nicki it's not a level playing field to really judge them compared to dudes
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread has some truth. That's what makes the women who are as good or better than men that much more special.

At the same time, there's alot of men who hate to admit female greatness. Lauryn Hill got the same amount of albums as Biggie but ? will front on her in a second.
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    How come there never been a female comedian on par with Eddie, Cosby, Pryor, Chappelle, Mack, and Rock.

I'd say not even on the Level of a Patrice Oneal. There's been some good comedic female actors. But no stage comedians.

How come there's never been a female rapper on par with Nas,Jay, Big, and Pac?

How come there hasn't been a female that takes over the WNBA the way jordan, Kobe, Bron, and Shaq did?

How come the biggest female athlete out is on a sport nobody watches?

How come women suck ? b?

I'd say Cynthia Cooper did that with that wnba team in houston

Who?
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Women weren't considered equal to men for a long time, we are ahead of them in most fields due to that reason.

Comedy is not 1 of those field though lmao
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    BoyPussy wrote: »
    Woman bashing is ? and unusual

Go read a book trick

Half of EUROPEAN human history is woman bashing

Men didn't even think you were competent enough to vote until like 100 years ago

Had to fix that
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    Serena Williams would probably give some dudes that work on the tennis courts ...... but what dude who has practiced and played his whole life would want to hold that L

maybe a charity match a dude would step up and say it was for charity that he lost lol

I'd fo sho go a few rounds with her off the tennis court tho ......

Both Venus n Serena got beat by a dude that wasnt even ranked in the top 100 and to make things worse dude was drinking beer n playing golf all day before he smashed them on the court lol.

Women tennis really aint ? . I catch a few matches from time to time but the lvl gap between male n female tennis is ridiculous.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still waiting for a video proof. Show me a game a woman had near the likes of Bron game 5, Jordan game 6, Kobe 61, reggie against the knicks.

Show me a video of a woman killing it for an hour like Chappelles killin em soft.

Wands sikes wrote for Chris rock..yeah I seen her comedy specials. They trash...q.miller wrote for drake..I've heard his music..it's trash.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Sarah silverman...old jeane garflo..Phyllis diller..wtf yall ? talkin bout...madia